ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I admit it. I’m a man of mercy and I feel bad for....

People wrote us off for dead after the Michigan game in 2016. Pitt won’t turn their season around like that but one game does not kill a program.
51-6 isn't the disease. It is a symptom that tells you you have the disease.

Pitt had 3 vicious facemasks (only two were called) so in no way do I feel bad for the players. I hope they finish 4-8 or 3-9, because the team wont be getting better next year either. .

I think he's (narduzzi) is getting waaayyyy too much credit for beating Miami. They were not a very good team last year and were incredibly over ranked..
Funny, a few guys I follow on handicapping were talking about that Miami v Pitt game weeks ahead of time. They had it circled as the ultimate bad spot for Miami and they were definitely betting Pitt. It was a rare northern trip for Miami in cold weather and I believe on Friday night.

Reactions: BBrown
People wrote us off for dead after the Michigan game in 2016. Pitt won’t turn their season around like that but one game does not kill a program.

You're right. But when that one game is against the team you hate and by which you measure yourself as a program and it turns out the way the game did on Saturday, that can sting for a long, long time.

I'm not so sure. I remember the Arizona coach (Toomey was it?) talking about that 99 Kickoff Classic against us. I remember him saying, and this was actually several years later, that game actually set their program back.
While I don't agree, there are plenty of people that argue Minny '99 was the beginning of the Dark Years.

Reactions: bytir and BBrown
.... the Pitt football players. After rewatching the game, it is very apparent how bad that team is, and how bad the coaching is.
That game on Saturday may have been the proverbial nail in Pitt football’s coffin.

As a man of mercy, I do feel bad for them. I think it hit all of their fans like a ton of bricks. They finally see what everyone else sees. Their football team is atrocious.

They really should have hired Tom Bradly.

Mercy? It's time to bayonet the wounded.

Reactions: RandyL
.... the Pitt football players. After rewatching the game, it is very apparent how bad that team is, and how bad the coaching is.
That game on Saturday may have been the proverbial nail in Pitt football’s coffin.

As a man of mercy, I do feel bad for them. I think it hit all of their fans like a ton of bricks. They finally see what everyone else sees. Their football team is atrocious.

They really should have hired Tom Bradly.
If Tom Bradly was coach with the dback said playing off ten yards Trace would pitch and catch his way right down
The best bet they would have at this point is look at the top ten recruiter list and attempt to swing for the fences. No respectable head coach is going there. Some assistant or even position coach that is making 500k to 750k that is a stud recruiter and could assemble similar minded people could honestly make them a decent program. Right now talent is needed for them much more than x's and o's.
Nardog is not going anywhere.The Pitt ad owns this mess for extending a coach after a five and seven year.Rose colored glasses worn by her and the fan base.I mean the Kenny football heisman thing.He is better then Trace by far.He starts one game Miami's qb could not hit the Atlantic Ocean with wide outs open all over the field.They had no tape on Kenny heisman.Miami mailed that game in.perfect storm for Pitt.It will be interesting what nards has to say the week prior to the Psu game next year.He cannot help himself should be fun.

Imagine if you could pull off something like that. At the end of the 1st quarter, a massive "We Are...Penn State" cheer goes off and then all of the white shirts stream towards the exit. That would rival the pictures of multiple sleeping fans for bad optics for Pitt football.
It would also validate every misguided belief they harbor against us. Would be quite a stunt to pull off though. So it'd be undeniably impressive.
A little trash talking banter and on-field competition is enough for me. As thrilling as rivalries are, once it gets too nasty it starts to lose more than it gains IMHO.

One of the greatest wins in pitt history is a game they were favored by 4.5 and won by 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT