ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma football player picks a fight

My Jr. High daughter is a second degree blackbelt in Kenpo. If you looked at her, you would obviously never know. She goes about 5'6" and 85 lb. If somebody tried something with her, they would get the surprise of a lifetime. She could certainly be overpowered by a much larger person, but I guarantee she would do a lot of damage. She's hurt me on several occasions.
Not being contrary but regardless of training an 85 lb female could never hurt me. That doesn’t include dating my bf after a break up.

Remember when people weren't such pu$$ies and you got in a fight and got your ass kicked, maybe you weren't such a d bag the next time. Now everyone wants to sue and call the cops. I think that's part of the problem these days. "Words hurt" if you have never been punched in the face for getting out of line to find out what really hurts. Too many lawyers and snowflakes with big mouths and sensitive feelings.
Agree. That and the propensity these days for guys to bring guns or knives to a fist fight.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I have only been in one bar fight, however, somewhat notable, in that it was on "Gentle Thursday" of all days, with the skeller bartender and at lunchtime, filled with all the business folks. Entertainment provided! lol It was not my fault however. I know, I know, that is what they all say! So go down for lunch with beer, wine and mj in me. Eat a nice lunch with another pitcher of! Ask for a six pack and the bartender wants to card me. Now I'm 21, home from nam (1st CAV) with lead still in me, and have been sitting there for 40 minutes drinking. I tell him I've been sitting right there for 40. He does this double take thing but then leaves to get it. My buddy "Sick Jeff" asks me to apologize, stating the guy is from back home (anthracite area). So I say I'm sorry, just drunk and he says, "Just get out!" That was all I could handle and reply well "ef you then"! and around he comes. We go out in that little area where you enter. He had really faded jeans on, inviting the perfect "one leg" to which I obliged! I was on top pounding him, pulled off by who knows who and over in two minutes!
P.S. One serious and important thing I did learn that day! The bartender's punches appeared to be in slow motion. From that day forward I totally understood how/why drunk driving accidents happen!

Devin Powell MMA

I started training at this guy' gym a month ago. Everyone is right, it is hard to tell if a young, small guy is trained in MMA, KB, or BJJ, if so, easy to underestimate and then you are toast. These guys are lethal and can easily look unassuming. I am doing kickboxing / Muy Thai only, no MMA for me at my age, but a lot of respect for these guys who have competency in any or all of these disciplines.

The other thing I would add is that most of the guys that I encounter are the nicest guys. You would think it would be the opposite, hey why not be cocky, but they are all really nice and want to be helpful. Its like they are responsible human lethal weapons like most are responsible gun owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Remember when people weren't such pu$$ies and you got in a fight and got your ass kicked, maybe you weren't such a d bag the next time. Now everyone wants to sue and call the cops. I think that's part of the problem these days. "Words hurt" if you have never been punched in the face for getting out of line to find out what really hurts. Too many lawyers and snowflakes with big mouths and sensitive feelings.
I think one should listen to James Brown...

Better to have sensitive feelings and a lawyer, than sensitive feelings and a weapon.

It's just a different era. De-escalation is really the only sane way to handle conflict now.

Many years ago, I was asked by someone to help with security for a night at a nightclub that played live music. I told the person no thanks after one night of helping. Within a month, there was a deadly shooting at the place. Two guys got into a fight over... wait for it...a female. The guy who got whooped was P.O.'d, so he went to his trunk, tried to gain re-entry, and when he couldn't he shot over the security. He missed his intended target, but shot and killed the bass player of the band. Tragic. To add to the misery, the bass player played for his church, but took the gig to pay-off bills related to being a new father.

Yes the club set up was beyond stupid. No club should ever have a full view of the place from the front door. That is why I didn't want to help anymore. The only good thing that came out of it at that time was clubs/ bars re-evaluated their entry points.

I think one should listen to James Brown...

Better to have sensitive feelings and a lawyer, than sensitive feelings and a weapon.

It's just a different era. De-escalation is really the only sane way to handle conflict now.

Many years ago, I was asked by someone to help with security for a night at a nightclub that played live music. I told the person no thanks after one night of helping. Within a month, there was a deadly shooting at the place. Two guys got into a fight over... wait for it...a female. The guy who got whooped was P.O.'d, so he went to his trunk, tried to gain re-entry, and when he couldn't he shot over the security. He missed his intended target, but shot and killed the bass player of the band. Tragic. To add to the misery, the bass player played for his church, but took the gig to pay-off bills related to being a new father.

Yes the club set up was beyond stupid. No club should ever have a full view of the place from the front door. That is why I didn't want to help anymore. The only good thing that came out of it at that time was clubs/ bars re-evaluated their entry points.

I think this threads about run its course. Some jackwad opened his mouth initially, and either he or someone else had their ass kicked in. It happens every day. Doesn’t matter if it was an MMA fighter, a Kung fu master, a champion wrestler or a mean bastard that you couldn’t keep down with a sledgehammer. I bet that piss hole of a bar has already had at least one more brawl since this was posted. Let’s move on to finding videos of more interesting events like a stabbing or random gun fire. The guy who blew himself on the gender reveal is a step in the right direction. God bless America 🇺🇸.

Reactions: MoyerJones
I think this threads about run its course. Some jackwad opened his mouth initially, and either he or someone else had their ass kicked in. It happens every day. Doesn’t matter if it was an MMA fighter, a Kung fu master, a champion wrestler or a mean bastard that you couldn’t keep down with a sledgehammer. I bet that piss hole of a bar has already had at least one more brawl since this was posted. Let’s move on to finding videos of more interesting events like a stabbing or random gun fire. The guy who blew himself on the gender reveal is a step in the right direction. God bless America 🇺🇸.
Would an old Yucko the Clown video do?

NSFW

I got you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT