ADVERTISEMENT

Optimistic for next season!

We lost to Ohio State in a game that wasn't as close as the score.
Huh?

First Downs: PSU 24, OSU 21
Total Yards: PSU 482, OSU 452
Possession: PSU 30:26, OSU 39:34

PSU lead with 8 minutes to go and was only down 3 and had the ball with 5 minutes to go. The only reason PSU lost is because of 4 turnovers, the last one in desperation late in the game.

Personally I think PSU was the better team that day except that they lacked the confidence to close out the win. They have a mental hurdle with OSU that they haven't been able to overcome.

Huh?

PSU lead with 8 minutes to go and was only down 3 and had the ball with 5 minutes to go. The only reason PSU lost is because of 4 turnovers, the last one in desperation late in the game.

Personally I think PSU was the better team that day except that they lacked the confidence to close out the win. They have a mental hurdle with OSU that they haven't been able to overcome.
Coach Wally digs deeper. :cool:

Huh?

He saw the word ‘optimistic’ connected to Penn State…..just can’t allow that!

I don't understand anyone saying Ohio State wasn't as close as the score. That was a great game, one that we were very much in, until the final 8 minutes or so.
Michigan wasn't as close as the score at the half and the could have probably beat us by 40 without some luck but Ohio State was very competitive.
The key is Michigan who we don't seem to match up well with is at home next year and we have to go to Ohio State. I'd feel better about 11-1 if those were reversed.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT