ADVERTISEMENT

OSU starting qb grew up rooting for PSU

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
Article here

From the article:
“Howard isn’t new to Big Ten environments. grew up in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, where he developed into a three-star prospect in the 2020 recruiting class. But back then he wasn’t rooting for a Buckeye win instred rooting for his hometown Penn State Nittany Lions.”

Did we recruit him? Perhaps he was only bloomer, considering the article indicates he was a 3-star.

Article here

From the article:
“Howard isn’t new to Big Ten environments. grew up in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, where he developed into a three-star prospect in the 2020 recruiting class. But back then he wasn’t rooting for a Buckeye win instred rooting for his hometown Penn State Nittany Lions.”

Did we recruit him? Perhaps he was only bloomer, considering the article indicates he was a 3-star.
Howard was at K State for 4 years before transferring to tOSU for this his final season. The cupboard wont be bare next year for the Bucks as 5 star QB Julian Sayin left Bama within days of Nick Sabin calling it quits. Sayin will likely be the starting QB next year as a sophomore.

Howard was at K State for 4 years before transferring to tOSU for this his final season. The cupboard wont be bare next year for the Bucks as 5 star QB Julian Sayin left Bama within days of Nick Sabin calling it quits. Sayin will likely be the starting QB next year as a sophomore.
Yeah, I was just curious if we did recruit him back then. It’s always interesting when you see a kid from Pennsylvania playing elsewhere at an elite level.

Recruiting #882 would have been the source of great joy on this board.

Bingo. I went back to look, was Bowens our top QB prospect that year? I don't see any other names that stick out as "oh, we really wanted him" AND had a chance.

Apparently Howard molded himself after then Eagle beloved qb Carson Wentz. He reached out to K State b/c Wentz' North Dakota State qb coach had moved to the Wildcats. So Howard made his own recruitment and the rest pretty much went his way.

When the K State qb got hurt- and maybe the back up too- Howard saw the field and produced as a Frosh. For the rest of his career there I followed him closely. He is a great story- that I'm hoping doesn't have too happy of an ending on our account.

His h.s. team is in the Ches Mont- so I did have the opportunity to see him play in mop up duty once when he was in 9th or 10th grade.

I root for almost all SEPA kids- unless they are jerks in the recruiting process or totally disregard us. I'll admit to little to no love for MHJr or Fleming (I lived in Bloomsburg for a bit as a kid). Kevin Jones was the all time villian with his punk announcement move. Now that stuff is commonplace. The Portal and NIL totally changes everything. Selfishness is the name of the game- with good rea$on. I now mostly "respect decisions" b/c we fans don't know the underlying detail$.

I wish Howard well- but not on 11/2. Hope he is mvp of "The Game." He would've ended up on our schedule anyway as U$C was his #2. When he hustled his way to a scholly in Manhattan, KS there is no way he could've believed how rich he would become as a Covid Senior. Good for the Howard family.

But two days after Halloween I hope he spends a lot of time looking at the sky...from his back.

Go (Penn) State!

Last edited:
I see OSU has a commit from Cleveland St Iggy 4-star safety Cody Haddad. Grandson of PSU all-American Ed O’Neil. Lots of big time offers. Wondering if PSU took a look.

I see OSU has a commit from Cleveland St Iggy 4-star safety Cody Haddad. Grandson of PSU all-American Ed O’Neil. Lots of big time offers. Wondering if PSU took a look.
According to 247, he didn't have a PSU offer but there's always the possibility - being from Ohio - many schools probably knew he was 100% headed to OSU if offered and didn't waste their time. You see that a lot with many top in-state prospects that are waiting for that big home school offer......plus, I believe he committed early

Here's his offer list:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT