ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Game of Thrones S7E5 - Eastwatch....***SPOILERS***

Spear should of did much more damage to Drogon. Some guy threw a spear at the arena and stuck in in the side of the dragon. A spear traveling at speeds of 100-300 mph should of did some major damage.

There is a mention in the show or books so somewhere that Drogon had not yet grown his full "scale armor" during the arena. Now that he is fully grown he has a thick armor. Thus, when regular arrows are fired at him this time they just bounce off.
Jamie also tells Cersi that the giant spears won't cut it.

Spear should of did much more damage to Drogon. Some guy threw a spear at the arena and stuck in in the side of the dragon. A spear traveling at speeds of 100-300 mph should of did some major damage.
All depends upon the density of Drogon's muscle. Could be skin like concrete and the wound is superficial. It is fantasy.

could be a set up for a future story arc. with this spear not doing much damage (merely a flesh wound..lol) it elevates the dragons strength(s) and makes them seem even more indestructible......for down the road.

There is a mention in the show or books so somewhere that Drogon had not yet grown his full "scale armor" during the arena. Now that he is fully grown he has a thick armor. Thus, when regular arrows are fired at him this time they just bounce off.
Jamie also tells Cersi that the giant spears won't cut it.

All depends upon the density of Drogon's muscle. Could be skin like concrete and the wound is superficial. It is fantasy.

could be a set up for a future story arc. with this spear not doing much damage (merely a flesh wound..lol) it elevates the dragons strength(s) and makes them seem even more indestructible......for down the road.
I have an advanced degree in Dragon anatomy...

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Has anyone thought that maybe The Mountain is undead? That is why he doesn't talk? And is maybe a conduit for the Night King and he therefore knows everything that is happening????

Reactions: Manxome_Lion
LOL. Although I agree with your larger point.

Also remember the spear is being shot up in the air. Gravity is slowing it down. Maybe when it leaves the scorpion it is traveling that fast. Depending on the angle of the shot and the height of Drogon when it hits him, it may not being traveling that fast at all.

New reports are coming out that Episode 6 has leaked onto the internet due to an "error by HBO." Be careful in your web navigating if you don't want to see an early spoiler. I certainly don't. (Ears covered. Lalalalalalala.)

Very lazy writing. They ended up at least a quarter mile away from from the battle and smoke. They surfaced like they were swimming under water the entire time and Jaime proceeds to throw up water like he was drowning. Realistically, they would have had to surface within 30 yards of where they went into the water where the Dragon and Dany should have been waiting to either finish them off or take them prisoner. The sequence between Jaime going into the water and Jaime exiting the water with Bronn is virtually impossible to explain which is why the writers simply punted. I thought for sure that Bronn and Jaime would become prisoners after the battle episode.

If Bronn and Jaime needed to escape as part of the story line, Jaime should have never made an attempt at Dany's life at the end of the last episode. The unsuccessful attempt at Dany's life added nothing to the story line and makes their escape totally unbelievable. It was an eye rolling moment for me.

Anyone on FB notice the Game of Thrones page was hacked? The hackers posted links to hacked episodes... really sad that people just can't wait for this stuff to be released. I blame digital cameras... we've forgotten how to wait.

Anyone on FB notice the Game of Thrones page was hacked? The hackers posted links to hacked episodes... really sad that people just can't wait for this stuff to be released. I blame digital cameras... we've forgotten how to wait.

Worse is how what they want most of all is to a )tell everyone that they've seen it and b) to spoil the episode for you. My brother called in a fever pitch last night telling me he saw the episode and he was dying to tell me what happened. I gave the phone to my three year old daughter. Shame people have no patience.

Worse is how what they want most of all is to a )tell everyone that they've seen it and b) to spoil the episode for you. My brother called in a fever pitch last night telling me he saw the episode and he was dying to tell me what happened. I gave the phone to my three year old daughter. Shame people have no patience.

THAT IS EPIC!!!!! "Here talk to your uncle. When you are done, push this button."

I put one of my sons on a flight from the Bay Area to Philly this morning. He's returning to State College for his senior year. (The other son is already back there, and was in fact at Fenway Park last night to watch that dude get nailed in the nads by the ceremonial first pitch.)

Anyway, the son who flew back today is a huge GOT fan, and he broke down and watched Episode Six last night because he figured he will be "otherwise engaged" on Sunday night, with Silly Week about to crank up. I told him I did not want to hear zip from him about Episode Six. He just said it was fantastic. Can't wait until Sunday night.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Has anyone thought that maybe The Mountain is undead? That is why he doesn't talk? And is maybe a conduit for the Night King and he therefore knows everything that is happening????
Cersei said last year that the Mountain had given a vow of silence after his revival.

BTW, how the hell are the Magnificent Seven gonna go about catching a White Walker to bring back South for show and tell? The dude is not gonna go willingly, and if they hit him with anything short of dragon glass or Valeryan steel, h'es gonna be unaffected, no? But if they hit him with dragon glass or Valeryan steel, he's gonna go all to pieces - literally. Not much of a sample to bring back.

Thoughts?

BTW, how the hell are the Magnificent Seven gonna go about catching a White Walker to bring back South for show and tell? The dude is not gonna go willingly, and if they hit him with anything short of dragon glass or Valeryan steel, h'es gonna be unaffected, no? But if they hit him with dragon glass or Valeryan steel, he's gonna go all to pieces - literally. Not much of a sample to bring back.

Thoughts?

It's been done before. Jon mentions the first 'wight' he ever saw was one brought into Castle Black. I can't remember if this was part of a dorector's commentary or not, but it did happen on the show.

Wasn't that one a live person that died and didn't turn until after they brought him through the wall? Asking because the magic in the wall won't let the dead pass it, right?

Unless it's fair game now that Bran has passed, wouldn't they have to take it around the wall? Maybe they should go find Benjen and sail around the wall?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT