ADVERTISEMENT

OT: House of Cards Season 5 was released yesterday.......

CF LION

May 29, 2001
I'm late getting around to season 4 so I started binge watching over the holiday weekend. I'm up to episode 10, got three more to go to finish the season. So far I'd say it's my second favorite season after the first one.

Anyone getting into season 5 yet?

Yeah, the wife and I are about halfway through the new season. I think the new season may be the best so far.... it's close with this one and the first one.

im 1.5 episodes in and so far very unimpressed. It just feels stale to me. I think they should have made the total show 52 episodes long (like a deck of cards) and have frank be killed at the end...only way i can see the show ending.

I stopped watching when Frank killed Zoe.

(sorry - I deserve a flag - tried to post a pic, but not technically competent)

991yt97e03xy.jpg

I really liked this show and I have watched every episode until this new season was released. I find myself a bit apprehensive to watch this season and I fear I may be done with the show entirely. For a while I thought the show was preposterously embellished and over dramatized in its portrayal of American politics. It was still wildly entertaining and expertly acted, but just not believable. After this election cycle(and I mean that with no political leanings, I am talking about both sides of the isle), I am not so sure this world that House of Cards has provided a view of isn't at least related to the truth? If that is the case, then I find it to be a very depressing view of our political sphere and it makes the show just so difficult to watch for me. I also disdain just about every character on the show. Anyone I have ever respected on the show from a character perspective is either killed or commits suicide. The constant manipulation, strong arming, deceitfulness, and immorality of the Underwoods and their lack of compassion for both each-other and the country is galling and unfortunate. Its entertaining, don't get me wrong...and I like drama, I like sad stories. I am not one of these people that wants to go to the movies to watch Paul Blart Mall Cop, but I don't know. I'd like to just once watch a House of Cards episode and not feel worse about myself and my country.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I really liked this show and I have watched every episode until this new season was released. I find myself a bit apprehensive to watch this season and I fear I may be done with the show entirely. For a while I thought the show was preposterously embellished and over dramatized in its portrayal of American politics. It was still wildly entertaining and expertly acted, but just not believable. After this election cycle(and I mean that with no political leanings, I am talking about both sides of the isle), I am not so sure this world that House of Cards has provided a view of isn't at least related to the truth? If that is the case, then I find it to be a very depressing view of our political sphere and it makes the show just so difficult to watch for me. I also disdain just about every character on the show. Anyone I have ever respected on the show from a character perspective is either killed or commits suicide. The constant manipulation, strong arming, deceitfulness, and immorality of the Underwoods and their lack of compassion for both each-other and the country is galling and unfortunate. Its entertaining, don't get me wrong...and I like drama, I like sad stories. I am not one of these people that wants to go to the movies to watch Paul Blart Mall Cop, but I don't know. I'd like to just once watch a House of Cards episode and not feel worse about myself and my country.

Sadly, I believe House of Cards is pretty accurate in today's politics. If you follow Wikileaks, you see the emails going back and forth to manipulate voters. And that is on both sides; corruption is a non-partisan issue.

Reactions: broey1 and ram2020

Yeah - hard to like a show when there's no one to root for. Frank pissing on his dad's grave at the beginning of S4 was just too much. We made it about half way through and just lost interest. Mostly just want to see Frank and Stamper die at this point. I'm fine with Claire though - she can live...

Yeah - hard to like a show when there's no one to root for. Frank pissing on his dad's grave at the beginning of S4 was just too much. We made it about half way through and just lost interest. Mostly just want to see Frank and Stamper die at this point. I'm fine with Claire though - she can live...

Exactly....although I think Claire is my least favorite.

Kind of agree. Was reading the posts about band of brothers and wondered why I didn't like Fury...then it dawned on me I didn't like anyone in the movie. But I have to say that this also describes most movies, anymore (looking at you Tarantino. in fact, I don't like Tarantino either).

Kind of agree. Was reading the posts about band of brothers and wondered why I didn't like Fury...then it dawned on me I didn't like anyone in the movie. But I have to say that this also describes most movies, anymore (looking at you Tarantino. in fact, I don't like Tarantino either).

Easy to root for Shoshanna in Inglorious Basterds.

Those who wonder about how the show will end should watch the original British version which was filmed in the 90s. It was a much shorter series, I believe just one season long. Although Parliamentary politics are much different than our version of democracy, its very interesting to compare the two. Netflix should have it available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT