ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Personal War

Nihilist Rodgers

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoCal
so prob from boxing.. I get this wart on my wrist. So like any amateur surgeon I dug it out, but it is was too rubbery and my tools weren't sharp enough... ff 3 weeks and it's back bigger than ever. So I sched an appt the get it removed this Friday, but on Tuesday I get a text that said your appt. has been resched. After much reading, I decided to go full on JoMo (offensive game plan on the thing).

1) I start covering it with duct tape (see studies on duct tape occlusion for warts.. appears to work better than freezing as freezing requires multiple doctor visits.)
2) at night I soak a piece of paper towel in apple cider vinegar (ACV) douse the wart, and then tape the soaked square of paper towel to my wrist (I look like a duct tape Wonder Woman) and my arm burns all night long. I would wake up, soak the wart in the shower, soak with Salicylic Acid (Common Wart Removal Gel) and cover with duct tape.

A bit of background, the wart is on the inside of my wrist and would get scraped up when I play guitar, so at the very least the duct tape protected the wart.

Only 3 days later I get out of the shower and the wart is all white and rubbery, kind of like a blister that breaks on your foot. I rub a towel against it and... then realize it's done for.. I simply grab it and peel the whole thing off. I wash up my wrist and hands, and douse w Salicylic Acid and duct tape for the day. The pain is gone... it's like all the pain was inside the assaulted wart.

I have pics, and I saved that bastard in a paper towel.. might do a blog post with timeline. All in all it has proven to be a worth foe.-sg

duct tape - they believe the skin irritation stimulates body immune system which takes out the wart as a casualty
salicylic acid - simply burns/destroys
Apple Cider Vineagar - contains acetic and citric acid.. burning agents

Reactions: 3_Degrees
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News