ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Question for Ryan or Nate or other BWI Staff wrt A11Stars

Bob78

Jul 5, 2001
@RyanSnyder @Nate Bauer/BWI Staff @Tim Owen/BWI staff

I heard a rumor recently that I'm wondering if you've heard or can squash....

Lavar Arrington is supposedly involved with an organization called A11Stars, which is a youth football deal. https://a11stars.com/ They promote recruiting, so I thought maybe you guys might know of them.

Anyway, they also put on an 8th grade All-Star game. Rumor I was told is there have been discussions between A11Stars and PSU to bring an 8th grade All-Star exhibition to the Blue-White game weekend. I don't know if that is true, if that was considered and then rejected, or if this is going to be part of the B-W game day.

I don't know enough about A11Stars to know if this could be a good partnership or not, or if it would violate some rules, or what. Would it somehow raise funds for us? Would it bring more promising, rising 9th graders to PSU on someone else's dime and therefore be a good thing for recruiting? Would other schools soon follow suit? (Harbaugh may build them a permanent stadium in AA!)

Anyway, just curious. I really have no more info than the initial rumor involving Lavar and the Athletic Dept. But curiosity has the best of me, and I figure you guys may have heard something out of the AD dept.

Thanks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News