ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Talk about a tough travel schedule, Stanford . . .

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
will be playing its third game in the Eastern half of the country since September 20 when they play at ND this Saturday, including back to back games three and two weeks ago at Syracuse and at Clemson.

will be playing its third game in the Eastern half of the country since September 20 when they play at ND this Saturday, including back to back games three and two weeks ago at Syracuse and at Clemson.
That's what happens when a pacific coast school joins an atlantic coast conference. I'm curious how this works with all the minor sports. For example, what does the travel schedule look like for field hockey or women's lacrosse or soccer?

That's what happens when a pacific coast school joins an atlantic coast conference. I'm curious how this works with all the minor sports. For example, what does the travel schedule look like for field hockey or women's lacrosse or soccer?
Washington men's soccer just played games this past week at IU and OSU, and Oregon just played volleyball games at OSU and PSU this past Thursday and Friday. Just imagine how much money that costs for travel, etc.

Also, Cal will be making their trip to the East this weekend when they play Pitt.

Last edited:
Washington just played soccer games this past week at IU and OSU, and Oregon just played volleyball games at OSU and PSU this past Thursday and Friday. Just imagine how much money that costs for travel, etc.
Yes and with these minor sports think what it means for the parents don't forget that. A kid is from say LA and goes to Stanford. Parents thinking their son or daughter will play near them. Could drive or short plane trip. Now have to fly clear across the country to watch daughter play soccer in Boston, for example. I guess the brutal travel won't be a surprise now to kids getting recruited there but still a money pit.

Yes and with these minor sports think what it means for the parents don't forget that. A kid is from say LA and goes to Stanford. Parents thinking their son or daughter will play near them. Could drive or short plane trip. Now have to fly clear across the country to watch daughter play soccer in Boston, for example. I guess the brutal travel won't be a surprise now to kids getting recruited there but still a money pit.
I love that PSU now is going to play schools like USC, UCLA, Washington and Oregon in football. However, it's absurd on so many levels to send these Olympic and minor sports cross country, and I say that as someone who enjoys watching the soccer and volleyball matches on BTN. I have to believe that eventually, only football and basketball will be pure conference sports and the rest will be regional, because it's just going to become unsustainable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT