ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

You really should have quoted the following and not just the headline.

"Those who were inoculated cleared the virus more quickly and had milder cases, while unvaccinated household members were more likely to suffer from severe disease and hospitalization."
Actually no he shouldn't have and here's why. A large majority of people got vaccinated because they were told they couldn't spread Covid. Turns out they were lied to. Most people still don't get seriously sick either vaccinated or not. And really at that point its about personal risk. Bottom line is the vaccines won't end covid....anyone who still believes that is living in a fantasy world. So now they want to give kids a vaccine they don't need and won't do the one thing they say they want it to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and GoGoBanana
It seems like the vax is only prolonging COVID. The more vax, the more spread and variants. Now they want to F*%< over our kids’ future. Madness.
A vaccine for kids that the CDC has already admitted well over 2/3 who had covid never had a symptom....is 90% effective at preventing symptoms. You may as well give the kids a hershey bar it will have the same effect for well over 99% of them/

I was in Vegas all week. A few observations:
  • I couldn't get into the Palazzo, Venetian, Mandalay Bay or the Metropolitain and ended up staying at the Renaissance. Not ideal. But Vegas was packed.
  • About 50/50 on masks. If you didn't have one on inside the walkways, you may get stopped and told to put it on by security. But many people just sipped a drink to not have to wear one. outside, nobody wore them.
  • On the plane, there were a couple double-masked (cloth and a plastic shield). Maybe they were more at risk but people looked at them like they were nuts.
  • If you actually stopped and talked to anyone, they were all in the "this is BS" mode. This includes several meetings I had with people from places other than the USA (Israel, UK, Brazil, China).
  • I had an Uber driver that didn't wear a mask. I asked him about it since it is a violation of Uber rules. He told me he asks if the rider minds him not wearing a mask. He's been an uber driver for years and drove through the heart of the pandemic. He said not a single person requested he wear a mask over the last month.
Unless something changes, like a new major variant, the people are going to start ignoring the rules. It reminds me of the time I spent in russia where the black market was larger than the real market and a reason why the Soviets collapsed (can't control or tax the black market).

Wonderful news. Time to live your life.

I was in Vegas all week. A few observations:
  • I couldn't get into the Palazzo, Venetian, Mandalay Bay or the Metropolitain and ended up staying at the Renaissance. Not ideal. But Vegas was packed.
  • About 50/50 on masks. If you didn't have one on inside the walkways, you may get stopped and told to put it on by security. But many people just sipped a drink to not have to wear one. outside, nobody wore them.
  • On the plane, there were a couple double-masked (cloth and a plastic shield). Maybe they were more at risk but people looked at them like they were nuts.
  • If you actually stopped and talked to anyone, they were all in the "this is BS" mode. This includes several meetings I had with people from places other than the USA (Israel, UK, Brazil, China).
  • I had an Uber driver that didn't wear a mask. I asked him about it since it is a violation of Uber rules. He told me he asks if the rider minds him not wearing a mask. He's been an uber driver for years and drove through the heart of the pandemic. He said not a single person requested he wear a mask over the last month.
Unless something changes, like a new major variant, the people are going to start ignoring the rules. It reminds me of the time I spent in russia where the black market was larger than the real market and a reason why the Soviets collapsed (can't control or tax the black market).

Just lurking on this conversation but gotta ask how the hell did you do a whole week in Vegas?

My rule is, after 3 days in Vegas you start to change....

Each time I did 3 days in Vegas I got off the plane telling myself I needed to make major changes in life...I never did, tho

Just lurking on this conversation but gotta ask how the hell did you do a whole week in Vegas?

My rule is, after 3 days in Vegas you start to change....

Each time I did 3 days in Vegas I got off the plane telling myself I needed to make major changes in life...I never did, tho
well, flew in on Sunday, out on Wednesday. I did take the ferris wheel thingy and hung out at the company suite with was $12,000 per night. it was 7000 sq ft, in the Venetian and had its own sauna, spa and beauty salon. So that was cool.

1.7M shots yesterday so total up to 417.8M.

So far, 221.3 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 191.2 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 15.4M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.7%; Fully vaccinated = 57.6%; Booster = 8.1% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 78.0%; Fully vaccinated = 67.4%; Booster = 8.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.8%; Fully vaccinated = 69.2%; Booster = 13.5% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.9%; Fully vaccinated = 84.9%; Booster = 20.5% as percent of fully vaccinated

78,460 positives reported yesterday compared to 88,000 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 69,877

Fatality was 1,208 reported yesterday compared to 1,696 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,191

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 45,513 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 46,206 compared to one week ago 51,175 DOWN 11.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,404 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,475 compared to one week ago 6,037 DOWN 10.5%.
I will eventually make my way over but for now, it looks like i can continue here.

x.xM shots yesterday so total up to 423.0M.

So far, 221.7 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 192.5 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 19.1M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.8%; Fully vaccinated = 58.0%; Booster = 10.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 78.1%; Fully vaccinated = 67.9%; Booster = 10.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 80.0%; Fully vaccinated = 69.6%; Booster = 16.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 97.4%; Fully vaccinated = 85.4%; Booster = 25.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

48,839 positives reported yesterday compared to 55,421 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 68,930

Fatality was 550 reported yesterday compared to 694 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,135

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 41,287 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 43,369 compared to one week ago 47,878 DOWN 13.8%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 4,985 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,100 compared to one week ago 5,646 DOWN 11.7%.

So it looks like a lot of states that plateaued are starting to go back again on the rise. Hence you see the daily positives not really moving the last week. California, New York, Michigan, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Utah, New Mexico, New Jersey, are all states that are now having daily positives numbers start to increase over the past week. Not huge spikes, but where they were flat, now have a slight incline.

I will eventually make my way over but for now, it looks like i can continue here.

So far, 221.7 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 192.5 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 19.1M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.8%; Fully vaccinated = 58.0%; Booster = 10.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 78.1%; Fully vaccinated = 67.9%; Booster = 10.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 80.0%; Fully vaccinated = 69.6%; Booster = 16.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 97.4%; Fully vaccinated = 85.4%; Booster = 25.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

48,839 positives reported yesterday compared to 55,421 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 68,930

Fatality was 550 reported yesterday compared to 694 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,135

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 41,287 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 43,369 compared to one week ago 47,878 DOWN 13.8%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 4,985 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,100 compared to one week ago 5,646 DOWN 11.7%.

So it looks like a lot of states that plateaued are starting to go back again on the rise. Hence you see the daily positives not really moving the last week. California, New York, Michigan, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Utah, New Mexico, New Jersey, are all states that are now having daily positives numbers start to increase over the past week. Not huge spikes, but where they were flat, now have a slight incline.
Excellent to see you are still here, Cletus.

I will return to this thread now, if you are going to continue.

Seems like they are right in line with when they UK started back up after being flat. We've seemed to be running around 2-3 months behind them depening on what part of the country you are in.

Seems like they are right in line with when they UK started back up after being flat. We've seemed to be running around 2-3 months behind them depening on what part of the country you are in.
it will be interesting to see how the fatality rate changes. Even though the daily positive rate has greatly slowed it's decline, the hospitalization rates are still at 10% decline. And if you look at the vaccination rates and how fast that booster shot is going. I mean we are now at 97%+ of 65 an older with at least one shot and 25% with a booster. Over 12 is nearly 80% with on shot and 70% fully vaccinated (we know under 12 is not a group that statistically is going to the hospital or dying). And if you look at the booster shot at 16% for over 18, telling me that anybody with a co-morbidity condition is going and getting the booster (which they should). Hopefully we see the hospital and fatality rate continue to decline even when the daily positive rate isn't.

Reactions: 4theglory54
it will be interesting to see how the fatality rate changes. Even though the daily positive rate has greatly slowed it's decline, the hospitalization rates are still at 10% decline. And if you look at the vaccination rates and how fast that booster shot is going. I mean we are now at 97%+ of 65 an older with at least one shot and 25% with a booster. Over 12 is nearly 80% with on shot and 70% fully vaccinated (we know under 12 is not a group that statistically is going to the hospital or dying). And if you look at the booster shot at 16% for over 18, telling me that anybody with a co-morbidity condition is going and getting the booster (which they should). Hopefully we see the hospital and fatality rate continue to decline even when the daily positive rate isn't.
It’s just hard to see how fatalities are so high with the vulnerable groups so very highly vaccinated, except that the VE calculations must be pretty much right.

Actually no he shouldn't have and here's why. A large majority of people got vaccinated because they were told they couldn't spread Covid. Turns out they were lied to. Most people still don't get seriously sick either vaccinated or not. And really at that point its about personal risk. Bottom line is the vaccines won't end covid....anyone who still believes that is living in a fantasy world. So now they want to give kids a vaccine they don't need and won't do the one thing they say they want it to do.
They won't eliminate the virus but they pretty much eliminate deaths. The only exception seems to be people who were going to die no matter what virus they contracted.

Reactions: bison13

I remember it differently. When the vaccines were first rolling out the main points were that it lessened your chance of catching covid, that it really lessened your chance of needing hospitalization and almost eliminated your chances of dying from covid. It was not known whether you could pass it on if you were vaccinated. So maybe vaccines can't eliminate covid, but turning it into something more like the seasonal flu is good enough.

Reactions: psuaxe70
It’s just hard to see how fatalities are so high with the vulnerable groups so very highly vaccinated, except that the VE calculations must be pretty much right.

yeah, makes no sense. and we don't have the data to actually see who is dying right now to figure it out. I suspect that basically the people who are dying right now due to Covid that 80% of them (the other 20% of the unvaccinated) have a life expectancy of less than 6 months and are dying of Covid versus dying of the flu, pneumonia, or their co-morbidity which is how most humans have died for the past century. So basically the total daily death's are no different now then they were pre-covid.

From the beginning, the vaccine manufactures stated themselves that they did not stop contraction or transmission. Why is everyone surprised? The problem is that vaccinating during a pandemic not only fails at eliminating COVID, it seems to make it perpetual and encourage more virulent variants. Furthermore, most of the vaxxed people I know are now experiencing immunocompromised / inflammatory complications. Things like shingles, EBV, myocarditis...etc. It's an unfortunate position we've walked ourselves into.
Furthermore, most of the vaxxed people I know are now experiencing immunocompromised / inflammatory complications. Things like shingles, EBV, myocarditis...etc.

Anecdotal evidence is not very reliable. I know of no one who is vaxed that has experienced any of the complications that you referenced.

So it appears neither of us prove anything with our individual experiences as to the ultimate issue.

so over 4 million shots yesterday, I assume mostly boosters....

BTW I hope you would stay over on this board as many of us are.

Reactions: GoGoBanana and Ski
so over 4 million shots yesterday, I assume mostly boosters....

BTW I hope you would stay over on this board as many of us are.

4M over the Sat/Sun/Mon, so about 1M+ per day. Most shots are boosters at this point, about 70%+.

Reactions: bison13
Furthermore, most of the vaxxed people I know are now experiencing immunocompromised / inflammatory complications. Things like shingles, EBV, myocarditis...etc.

Anecdotal evidence is not very reliable. I know of no one who is vaxed that has experienced any of the complications that you referenced.

So it appears neither of us prove anything with our individual experiences as to the ultimate issue.
HE can’t prove it because it’s not true

HE can’t prove it because it’s not true

the issue is that when people say stuff like that, they lose all credibility on some points they do make that might be decent. they are no different then the other side of the argument who says vaccination is the key to salvation and there is no risk.

Fair enough. I respect your beliefs.

Just to clarify, the vax doesn’t “give” you anything. It seems to be interfering with the immune response. If you know anything about EBV or shingles, it’s usually dormant until your immune response is compromised. Most people already have EBV, but their immune system keeps it at bay.
As for shingles anything can activate it including stress, colds, flu and viruses. There is no direct correlation between the Covid vaccine and shingles.

BS headline, which you'd know if you had taken the time to read the article. So, did you read the article and still post the misleading headline without comment on purpose or did you not read the article?

As it turns out, up to 91.2% of the women who both received a vaccine while pregnant AND later miscarried the pregnancy, had received their vaccine at or below 20 weeks of pregnancy. However, since 10% to 15% of all pregnancies normally end in miscarriage and since almost all miscarriages happen before 20 weeks we can only conclude that the headline above is complete BS!

note:
this study was of 827 pregnancies of which 712 resulted in a live birth, so there were 115 miscarriages which is about 14% of the total pregnancies, which is right about what is expected with of without vaccines.

35 years old. White male, 6’ 180 lb. Low stress. Lives on beach in southern CA. Yoga, hiking, eats healthy, no other health factors. No meds. No drugs. I’ll let him know…Coincidence…Bad luck. Etc.

Joking aside, I admit there is nuance in everything. But to not even consider it as a factor is just sticking your head in the sand.

Oops. There goes more credibility. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Question for you; how does the vaccine interfere with the immune response so as to cause the conditions you mentioned?

In the end, if you gave 200 million USA people a saline solution there are going to be issues. That seems to be lost on people.

In the last 9 months many people got heart disease, cancer, diabetes, Alheimers, kidney disease, strokes, etc...doesn't mean they got it from the vaccine as some people want to mislead via headlines.

Reactions: knickslions
In the end, if you gave 200 million USA people a saline solution there are going to be issues. That seems to be lost on people.

In the last 9 months many people got heart disease, cancer, diabetes, Alheimers, kidney disease, strokes, etc...doesn't mean they got it from the vaccine as some people want to mislead via headlines.
That has been the problem throughout this whole epidemic with everyone that can tweet thinking they are scientists.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2

0.9M shots yesterday so total up to 423.9M.

So far, 221.9 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 192.7 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 19.7M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.9%; Fully vaccinated = 58.1%; Booster = 10.3% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 78.2%; Fully vaccinated = 67.9%; Booster = 11.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 80.1%; Fully vaccinated = 69.7%; Booster = 17.1% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 97.5%; Fully vaccinated = 85.4%; Booster = 25.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

59,413 positives reported yesterday compared to 80,102 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 67,011

Fatality was 1,059 reported yesterday compared to 1,618 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,089

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 42,186 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 41,287 compared to one week ago 47,283 DOWN 10.8%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,093 compared yesterday 7-day average of 4,985 compared to one week ago 5,580 DOWN 8.7%.

Reactions: 4theglory54
I got a booster yesterday. I had Originally received the Pfizer two shot series back in March. Yesterday I got a Moderna booster and am as sick as a dog today. Woke up at 4:00AM, 12 hours after the shot, with a blazing fever and generally feel like I've been run over by a truck. Good Times! Based on the first time, it should be over this evening, or at least I hope it'll be over.

I got a booster yesterday. I had Originally received the Pfizer two shot series back in March. Yesterday I got a Moderna booster and am as sick as a dog today. Woke up at 4:00AM, 12 hours after the shot, with a blazing fever and generally feel like I've been run over by a truck. Good Times! Based on the first time, it should be over this evening, or at least I hope it'll be over.
anecdotal for sure but out of the people I know, the moderna shot was the one that the most people felt like poop after.

anecdotal for sure but out of the people I know, the moderna shot was the one that the most people felt like poop after.
I had the Moderna vaccine. Luckily other than a bit of soreness in my arm, I had no other ill effects. I think it just varies. My Wife had the Pfizer and felt rotten after the first shot but had no problems with the second or the booster.

It is the one that pulled their application for 5-11 year olds and the FDA postponed approving it for 12-17 year olds because of issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT