ADVERTISEMENT

OT - what's your favorite breakfast meat

OT - What's your favorite breakfast meat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the diner? on Ridge Avenue? That would be in Roxborough, not Manayunk.
Brain f@rt. :oops::oops: Yes, of course you are correct (I'm from an old Manayunk/Roxborough family--I've probably got 30-50 family members buried in the adjacent cemetery and my grandparents and aunt and uncle lived a block or so down from the Ridge on Lyceum, which dead ends into the diner).

Brain f@rt. :oops::oops: Yes, of course you are correct (I'm from an old Manayunk/Roxborough family--I've probably got 30-50 family members buried in the adjacent cemetery and my grandparents and aunt and uncle lived a block or so down from the Ridge on Lyceum, which dead ends into the diner).

No biggie. I was just busting on you. The boundary between Roxborough and Manayunk gets a little gray (even more so since Manayunk became fashionable in the past 25-30 years).

I've had more than a few excellent breakfasts at Bob's Diner.

No biggie. I was just busting on you. The boundary between Roxborough and Manayunk gets a little gray (even more so since Manayunk became fashionable in the past 25-30 years).
And Roxborough much less so.... My mom found that funny as she was a true Manayunker, born on Baker Street, and was teased for being from the poor side of town back in the day.

Reactions: LionJim
And Roxborough much less so.... My mom found that funny as she was a true Manayunker, born on Baker Street, and was teased for being from the poor side of town back in the day.

Absolutely. It's like an inversion took place. Those that grew up in the area, and/or remember Manayunk when it was not a place that anyone went to for dinner, shopping, nightlife, etc. just shake their heads in disbelief.

I have to go with goetta
gliers_grillable_goetta_variety_pack.jpg
Goetta looks delish. I'll have to give it a go next time I'm in Cincinnati.

Absolutely. It's like an inversion took place. Those that grew up in the area, and/or remember Manayunk when it was not a place that anyone went to for dinner, shopping, nightlife, etc. just shake their heads in disbelief.
Yep. I had dinner at Bourbon Blue last year (business trip) on the canal--and I had that same reaction. There was pretty much nothing--excepting the bridge and train station--in Manayunk when I was younger. The only thing we went there for was church (the former First Pres).

Bacon, but being a native Pennsylvanian, scrapple is a close second. Our family goes to Wildwood, NJ every summer, and when I'm there, pork roll is my breakfast meat of choice. How can you not have that on the list ??

Always been a fan of corned beef hash (Grandma's recipe). Unfortunately most places simply take it from a can and not make it with fresh ingredients. Usually end up very disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT