ADVERTISEMENT

Other games of the day

Some really stupid coaching in the Big 10 today. NW coach gambling his team out of contention; MSU giving Iowa’s putrid offense an almost certain 3 points unwisely going for it instead of playing field position. Iowa goes 7 yards back and still gets points

Duke is a top 10 team. They are very sound and strong across front. QB has great scrambling and great arm. Well coached.

MSU’s two best defenders get hurt after 3rd down and Iowa fans boo them.

Iowa fans think they’re slowing Iowa’s ability to put the FG unit on the field, I guess?

Iowa fans think they’re slowing Iowa’s ability to put the FG unit on the field, I guess?
And their fans waved at them as they were being helped off the field. They need to realize not all waving is classy.

Gotta contain the QB.

Wtf was Duke doing on that last play? Dropping 8? tf?
Herbstreit just finished praising their coach for not dropping guys back but being aggressive with pressure in these situations. What happens next? 4th and 16 for ND and he brings no pressure with 8 guys covering. So his crappy prevent D prevents them from winning as they leave a gaping hole in the D for the QB to run through. Then adding insult to injury, instead of at least forcing a gw FG, they somehow give up a 30 yd TD run. So their QB comes back on the field and promptly suffers what looks like a serious leg injury. My God, could anything else go completely wrong for the Dookies in the last 2 minutes?

Gotta contain the QB.

Wtf was Duke doing on that last play? Dropping 8? tf?
Just after praising the Duke D coordinator for being so aggressive and putting ND into a flustered 4th and 16, he immediately goes into the pathetic prevent D and allows the QB to be all alone and run 17 yards for a first down.

I just don’t get it. The prevent D never works. It just allows the other team to move right down the field and cost Duke the win tonight. It also likely lost them their QB for the year as a result as well. I just don’t get why D coordinators keep doing it.

TCU fans just booed an injured WVU player who was the second WVU player to be taken off the field on a stretcher…they’re classier than Iowa fans.

• Sad
Reactions: mcpat
Duke is a top 10 team. They are very sound and strong across front. QB has great scrambling and great arm. Well coached.
This is as wide open as I've seen CF for a few years. Theres 8 to 10 teams that could win the NC this year.

Reactions: 1AA
I think their offense is a little more polished just because of their experience. I don't think there's a huge gap between us and Michgian but I do think they're our worst matchup and the one game I'd be surprised if we won. Feel much better about Ohio State but there's a long ways to go before we play them to close that gap.
We are once again a 10-2 team. Hopefully we bring our A-game to College Park or make it 9-3. OL, WR and now very pedestrian Allen and Singleton. The D is elite but the offense will not be able to move the ball against Michigan or Ohio State. New season, same story.

We are once again a 10-2 team. Hopefully we bring our A-game to College Park or make it 9-3. OL, WR and now very pedestrian Allen and Singleton. The D is elite but the offense will not be able to move the ball against Michigan or Ohio State. New season, same story.
Oh good lord.

Reactions: 1AA
You don't know that.

Just after praising the Duke D coordinator for being so aggressive and putting ND into a flustered 4th and 16, he immediately goes into the pathetic prevent D and allows the QB to be all alone and run 17 yards for a first down.

I just don’t get it. The prevent D never works. It just allows the other team to move right down the field and cost Duke the win tonight. It also likely lost them their QB for the year as a result as well. I just don’t get why D coordinators keep doing it.
Exactly, their coach just pulled a Freeman from the OSU game. They don't bring pressure and what do you know, a 2nd and 15 for OSU turns into first and goal at the 1 because McCord had all day to dial into his receiver who somehow is wide open over the middle. As soon as I saw the ND QB had all the time in world I knew it was bad news for Duke.

Reactions: psu00
Why even watch? Better yet, can you loan me $20,000 so I can go place two separate $10,000 bets on both scUM and OSU to beat PSU straight up. Hell sounds like they will both cover so even better. Should be easy money.

Why even watch? Better yet, can you loan me $20,000 so I can go place two separate $10,000 bets on both scUM and OSU to beat PSU straight up. Hell sounds like they will both cover so even better. Should be easy money.
Dont forget to put a bet on Maryland as well.

Colorado State was on at 9 or 10pm. TCU Oregon and USC were noon.
Big Noon Kickoff is the pregame show similar to ESPN GameDay. They have been to CO 3 times this year. They have been there for EVERY CO home game so far. One was against a ranked opponent, and the other two were against a bad Nebraska team, and am even worse Colorado State team. This is why many people are tired of the hype. Imagi e GameDay at the same site 3 out of four weeks. Give me a break.

Nobody can predict right now what will happen between PSU, OSU and Michigan. Just hard to call with most teams playing the cupcakes the first few weeks. It starts to get interesting starting next week with OSU playing Maryland. OSU better come to play. Don't take the Terps lightly as they have one heck of an offense and maybe the best QB in the conference.m

Its funny how OSU barely beats an average Notre Dame team who cant even put 11 guys on the field and now all of a sudden they are world beaters.

Big Noon Kickoff is the pregame show similar to ESPN GameDay. They have been to CO 3 times this year. They have been there for EVERY CO home game so far. One was against a ranked opponent, and the other two were against a bad Nebraska team, and am even worse Colorado State team. This is why many people are tired of the hype. Imagi e GameDay at the same site 3 out of four weeks. Give me a break.
Are people watching? If so, they should keep doing it. I'm not sure why you care where they do the show from.

NW coach gambling his team out of contention

The fake punt was a great call. Zion Tracy just made a great play to shed his blocker and bring the runner down.

NW coach got lucky that Singleton fumbled the opening kick and that we went prevent D on 3rd and a country mile. His gambles were calculated and weren't detrimental.

But wait…I thought WVU would be lucky to win 3 games all year….i know that because I read it on this board after we beat them.
Read it on this board? Hell, you would have read it on the WVU boards earlier this year. ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT