ADVERTISEMENT

Other games of the day

Lol we're still pretending WVU is good? I'm happy they're 4-1 but it's like Syracuse being 6-0 last year. It's smoke and mirrors. But anything that even marginally helps our resume us great.

Lol we're still pretending WVU is good? I'm happy they're 4-1 but it's like Syracuse being 6-0 last year. It's smoke and mirrors. But anything that even marginally helps our resume us great.
Wow, you will never admit when you are wrong. After Penn State beat them, you said WVU was a really bad team that would probably start out 1-4 and not win more than three on the season. After they beat Pitt and again after beating TT, you claimed it was only because their starting QB was hurt. Now that he is back and beat TCU, now it's all smoke and mirrors. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong, and they aren't as bad as you thought they'd be.

Wow, you will never admit when you are wrong. After Penn State beat them, you said WVU was a really bad team that would probably start out 1-4 and not win more than three on the season. After they beat Pitt and again after beating TT, you claimed it was only because their starting QB was hurt. Now that he is back and beat TCU, now it's all smoke and mirrors. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong, and they aren't as bad as you thought they'd be.
Not what I said. I said more likely to start 1-4 than win 8. Greene was awful, absolutely awful throwing the ball, again last night. That's not a good team and we all know it but people are desperate to believe they are. Again see why argument against Syracuse beating Purdue last year being a horrible loss that people didn't comprehend when they were 6-0.

We all know its okay to acknowledge, like Michigan, we haven't really played anyone decent yet, right? It's not an insult just a reality. The way we've won, comfortably, is impressive not beating bad teams.

Not what I said. I said more likely to start 1-4 than win 8. Greene was awful, absolutely awful throwing the ball, again last night. That's not a good team and we all know it but people are desperate to believe they are. Again see why argument against Syracuse beating Purdue last year being a horrible loss that people didn't comprehend when they were 6-0.
This, among other things is what you said...

"So now we're pretending to care about computer rankings after 1 week? Let's see where WVU is after 6 games. If they're better than 3-3 then we can discuss it being a good win. Otherwise we beat a bad P5 team."

This, among other things is what you said...

"So now we're pretending to care about computer rankings after 1 week? Let's see where WVU is after 6 games. If they're better than 3-3 then we can discuss it being a good win. Otherwise we beat a bad P5 team."
Correct. We can discuss it. They're still not a good team. Iowa level bad offensively...maybe worse.

Maybe we disagree on what is a good team. What makes anyone think WVU is good? Again, I had to discuss this about Purdue/Syracuse last year then when the real Syracuse showed up everyone disappeared. They have close wins over Pitt (who got beat up by bad VA Texh), TCU (who everyone here claims sucks because they lost to Colorado) and Texas Tech. What is a sign of a good team? The argument for them being good is looking at their record and ignoring everything else which people here tend to do.

Whether you think they are good or not, PSU has wins over two P5 team that are each 4-1. PSU is two P5 teams’ only loss on the season after week 5. I have to think not too many teams can say that.

Whether you think they are good or not, PSU has wins over two P5 team that are each 4-1. PSU is two P5 teams’ only loss on the season in week 5. I have to think not very many teams can say that.
Not all 4-1 is equal. We don't need to pretend teams we beat are better than they are to make us seem better.

Whether you think they are good or not, PSU has wins over two P5 team that are each 4-1. PSU is two P5 teams’ only loss on the season after week 5. I have to think not too many teams can say that.
Undefeated P5 teams that can say this:

Texas
Penn State
Washington State*

Washington State has wins over 3-1 Wisconsin and 4-1 Oregon State.

They're not. Data is only used as part of an evaluation as most here know until they dont want to be honest.
You are absolutely ridiculous. You use FPI SOS to "prove" our schedule is weak, but when I use the same date to show that WVU has played a tough schedule, you claim that it's oy.part of the avaluation. Why don't you just admit, that although WVU may not be great, they are better than you expected?

Reactions: 94LionsFan
You are absolutely ridiculous. You use FPI SOS to "prove" our schedule is weak, but when I use the same date to show that WVU has played a tough schedule, you claim that it's oy.part of the avaluation. Why don't you just admit, that although WVU may not be great, they are better than you expected?
No, I used SOS to explain you need to look at things deeper than just on the surface as you did. Simple concept. Not all 4-1 teams are equal.

Again, they aren't better than I expected. They're a weak P5 team like a lot of P5 teams. They were fortunate Greene didn't play for two weeks (under 50% completion beating TCU this week) and Pitt might be the worst team in all of P5. Pitt and TCU are worse than I thought--that I'll own. But, come one, let's be real. They have a solid defense and absolutely no offense--like most of the teams we've played.

The issue is you and others seem to take this as an attack on Penn State. It isn't. Like Michigan, we've dominated everyone that we should have. I couldn't be happier with our results so far. Going to use this example again, it's like Chris Evert when she played in majors--she knew she was going to beat everyone until the semis and when she didn't it was a shock. That's where we're finally at with Penn State--every game is comfortable but the question is...can we beat Ohio State and Michigan? The jury's out on that but pretending WVU is decent doesn't help your argument. It just makes you and others appear not to understand what a good team is.

I'll repeat--Syracuse started 6-0 last year and people kept telling me how good they were because they beat Purdue and everyone wanted to believe Purdue was good. They weren't. By the end of the year--no one talked about Syracuse. WVU being 4-1 doesn't mean anything.

No, I used SOS to explain you need to look at things deeper than just on the surface as you did. Simple concept. Not all 4-1 teams are equal.

Again, they aren't better than I expected. They're a weak P5 team like a lot of P5 teams. They were fortunate Greene didn't play for two weeks (under 50% completion beating TCU this week) and Pitt might be the worst team in all of P5. Pitt and TCU are worse than I thought--that I'll own. But, come one, let's be real. They have a solid defense and absolutely no offense--like most of the teams we've played.

The issue is you and others seem to take this as an attack on Penn State. It isn't. Like Michigan, we've dominated everyone that we should have. I couldn't be happier with our results so far. Going to use this example again, it's like Chris Evert when she played in majors--she knew she was going to beat everyone until the semis and when she didn't it was a shock. That's where we're finally at with Penn State--every game is comfortable but the question is...can we beat Ohio State and Michigan? The jury's out on that but pretending WVU is decent doesn't help your argument. It just makes you and others appear not to understand what a good team is.

I'll repeat--Syracuse started 6-0 last year and people kept telling me how good they were because they beat Purdue and everyone wanted to believe Purdue was good. They weren't. By the end of the year--no one talked about Syracuse. WVU being 4-1 doesn't mean anything.
OK, great one, how many wins will WVU have this year? Remember, you stated a month ago that they would be hard pressed to win 5.

how many wins will WVU have this year?

ESPN FPI currently predicts 9-3, losing to UCF and Oklahoma. No Texas, no Kansas are positives conference schedule wise.

Honestly, I don't know how they will finish. Oklahoma is probably as unwinnable as the game vs us was; the rest are probably coin flips.

@WV Bruno how are the 2 kids who were carted off? Didn't sound like they would return this year.

OK, great one, how many wins will WVU have this year? Remember, you stated a month ago that they would be hard pressed to win 5.
We'll see how it plays out. Maybe 6. Depends on a lot of factors.
We're all estimating based on available information
The reality is most here don't actually follow college football and just want to pretend WVU is good because we beat them

ESPN FPI currently predicts 9-3, losing to UCF and Oklahoma. No Texas, no Kansas are positives conference schedule wise.

Honestly, I don't know how they will finish. Oklahoma is probably as unwinnable as the game vs us was; the rest are probably coin flips.

@WV Bruno how are the 2 kids who were carted off? Didn't sound like they would return this year.
One is done. The other is fine.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT