ADVERTISEMENT

Ouch - More on Hack

People genuinely want Hack to fail and miserably. And I'm talking about people with no PSU affiliation etc. It's odd. A lot of fantasy football writers and so on honestly cheer for his demise. Not sure if it's because he was drafted by NY team, was a five star, 2nd round pick but man there's some haters out there. By all accounts a good kid who stayed loyal as one could to a program he had no reason to commit to other than his love for it.

USA TODAY’S web site had a very similarly themed article on Hack’s performance yesterday.....I saw no reason to post it here.

Unfortunately, the only difference in watching him yesterday vs. 3-4 years ago seemed (at least to me) to be the color of his uniform.

I really hope they give him another chance. They've only practiced for about a month or so. Unfortunately, he still doesn't look any different than he did his last couple years at PSU... I really don't understand why

Reactions: BBrown
USA TODAY’S web site had a very similarly themed article on Hack’s performance yesterday.....I saw no reason to post it here.

Unfortunately, the only difference in watching him yesterday vs. 3-4 years ago seemed (at least to me) to be the color of his uniform.

The funny thing is his performance wasn't that much different than the other QB's in the games I saw.
Trent Richardson didn't exactly blow me away with his ability either.:rolleyes:

Reactions: sluggo72
The funny thing is his performance wasn't that much different than the other QB's in the games I saw.
Trent Richardson didn't exactly blow me away with his ability either.:rolleyes:
From what I saw, overall it’s just not very good football.

From what I saw, overall it’s just not very good football.

Agree. I don't think its XFL bad and I'll probably give it a couple more shots to see if it gets better.
Besides its not like there's much happening that's interesting sports wise on TV right now.

Certainly the most "polarizing" PSU player I've ever seen.
Why is this so? Just because he had the temerity to say more good stuff about the coach who recruited him than the one who inherited him? Seems there is a transfer of hate from OB to the kid. It should have been pretty clear where OB's ultimate ambitions were and meanwhile he served PSU well, and Hack stayed loyal in bad times, so I don't get all the hate.

Why is this so? Just because he had the temerity to say more good stuff about the coach who recruited him than the one who inherited him? Seems there is a transfer of hate from OB to the kid. It should have been pretty clear where OB's ultimate ambitions were and meanwhile he served PSU well, and Hack stayed loyal in bad times, so I don't get all the hate.

You're new here but its been that way since 2014. There are a lot of reasons, IMO, the biggest is that Hack has never taken any accountability for his own short comings, not even after a myriad of QB Guru's and time with the Jets, whom he also blamed for his failures.
I don't think it had anything to do with a "transfer of hate" from OB to Hack. If anything it made most of us
feel more sorry for Hack.

Reactions: Howie'81
People genuinely want Hack to fail and miserably. And I'm talking about people with no PSU affiliation etc. It's odd. A lot of fantasy football writers and so on honestly cheer for his demise. Not sure if it's because he was drafted by NY team, was a five star, 2nd round pick but man there's some haters out there. By all accounts a good kid who stayed loyal as one could to a program he had no reason to commit to other than his love for it.
It's true he stuck with PSU in tough times, but one has to admit, he has heaped some of this upon himself. I'm looking forward to the day he accepts total responsibility for his failures on the field.

What's wrong with it? I thought it was an interesting story.

I think my problem with it is that I watched him and his game, albeit the 2nd half, and parts of 2 other games and quite frankly I didn't see anything or anyone that was very good. Trent Richards was even more highly regarded than Hack and drafted way higher and he looked like crap as well.
So why no "hate" for him.
And I rarely defend Hack anymore but my god who was/is the OC for Memphis?
He didn't do him any favors.

It's true he stuck with PSU in tough times, but one has to admit, he has heaped some of this upon himself. I'm looking forward to the day he accepts total responsibility for his failures on the field.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened if the "portal" was available to him.:cool:

Reactions: Howie'81
Hack blows. Anyone who is objective can see that. He has since his days here. Homer-ism, and blind trust in the recruiting star system made people want to see what just isn't there. He's not a good QB. At all.

I don't hate Hack. He might be the nicest kid in the world. He's just not a good quarterback, that's all.

Hack blows. Anyone who is objective can see that. He has since his days here. Homer-ism, and blind trust in the recruiting star system made people want to see what just isn't there. He's not a good QB. At all.

I don't hate Hack. He might be the nicest kid in the world. He's just not a good quarterback, that's all.

Let it Go

I really hope they give him another chance. They've only practiced for about a month or so. Unfortunately, he still doesn't look any different than he did his last couple years at PSU... I really don't understand why
People on these boards are WAY too enamored with star rankings. It's good to get a lot of 4 and 5 star guys, but there's no way of predicting which of those guys will live up to expectations. Hack has not, so the simple explanation is he's just not good enough to play on pro football team.

I think my problem with it is that I watched him and his game, albeit the 2nd half, and parts of 2 other games and quite frankly I didn't see anything or anyone that was very good. Trent Richards was even more highly regarded than Hack and drafted way higher and he looked like crap as well.
So why no "hate" for him.
And I rarely defend Hack anymore but my god who was/is the OC for Memphis?
He didn't do him any favors.
QBs have always been lightning rods, good or bad, and always will be.

It would be interesting to see what would have happened if the "portal" was available to him.:cool:
My guess is he might have used it, though he was the starter, but he wouldn't have been any better elsewhere. He's had plenty of good coaches the past few years and he hasn't gotten better. He doesn't have it, simple as that.

Reactions: Mudge1026
The guy is just a terrible Quarterback. He has an arm and size, and that's it. He can't do anything with it.

He's in the pros now where nothing is off limits, and he played in NY as one of the biggest QB draft busts in recent history, so everything said and written about him is fair.

Reactions: kevina001
I heard the announcers on Saturday make comments about the O line play and the receivers not getting separation. But there were some plays that Hack just stood in that pocket way too long. He also made some poor throw decisions. I believe every throw in the first half was a 5 yd slant. One was intercepted. I'll watch again in week 2 to see how he progresses (if he plays).

I heard the announcers on Saturday make comments about the O line play and the receivers not getting separation. But there were some plays that Hack just stood in that pocket way too long. He also made some poor throw decisions. I believe every throw in the first half was a 5 yd slant. One was intercepted. I'll watch again in week 2 to see how he progresses (if he plays).
well if you saw all of that on Saturday, you werent watching Hack...

because unfortunately he is not a good QB.

It was pretty bad. At one time the coach ran the ball like 10 times in a row? Ouch. I was rooting for him and hoping he would succeed but it isn’t there.

@MySportsUpdate: Watch out for fake accounts.... Two fake stories making the rounds today: - Colin Kaepernick signs with #Jets - Jamarcus Russell signs with AAF team. Both #FakeNews.
renderTimingPixel.png

mobile.twitter.com/MySpor...

He's not good, certainly not in terms of the pros, and people need to stop posting stuff like "I hope/Maybe he has finally turned it around", because it's not happening. And if he came from any other school, like one to the west, people would take off their blue tinted glasses and make fun of him at every possible opportunity.

He's not good, certainly not in terms of the pros, and people need to stop posting stuff like "I hope/Maybe he has finally turned it around", because it's not happening. And if he came from any other school, like one to the west, people would take off their blue tinted glasses and make fun of him at every possible opportunity.

Unfortunately, he just doesn't have it!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT