ADVERTISEMENT

Football Outback Bowl Game Thread

Clifford is what he is. He’s not getting any better next year. All his returning does is stall QB development for a year. Unless there is an open competition, which will not happen.

I think Clifford is a pretty good QB - well above average. Has a very live arm and can make plays with his legs. He needs to use his head on throws like he missed at end of half - doesn't need a perfect throw when your receiver is that open.... put some air under it and let your receiver adjust to it. Threw that ball too flat and hard.... just needs to use his head there. He definitely needs to work on his consistency in terms of accuracy as well, but overall I somewhat disagree, he has the tools and seasoning to really put it together next year imho.

Franklin made a mistake when he didn't stick with Will Levis after Clifford was benched for poor play in 2020. Clifford had more experience at the time, but he will not be more than an average QB if he plays for 10 years.

Clifford is what he is. He’s not getting any better next year. All his returning does is stall QB development for a year. Unless there is an open competition, which will not happen.
Have no fear. Franky will save the very last series in blowout games for the back-up QB(s) to come in and take a knee.

Reactions: Sooner Lion
Oline playing better than regular season-4.4 yds/rush and decent pass blocking. Sean needs to play better— only hit 1/2 wide open shots and missed seeing the third. Throwing way high, fumbling snap, 2/7 on third down. I so want him to succeed but he just may not have it in him?? He makes some
Good plays and then bone headed plays that lose games. Hope he can get his mojo second half. Yurcich needs to help him out. Poindexter coaching a hell of a defense maximizing young talent.

Katshsir should get on with his life's work. 4 years at PSU and he still gets blown out of the middle on about every play.

Put King in there!!

I think Clifford is a pretty good QB - well above average. Has a very live arm and can make plays with his legs. He needs to use his head on throws like he missed at end of half - doesn't need a perfect throw when your receiver is that open.... put some air under it and let your receiver adjust to it. Threw that ball too flat and hard.... just needs to use his head there. He definitely needs to work on his consistency in terms of accuracy as well, but overall I somewhat disagree, he has the tools and seasoning to really put it together next year imho.
He gets too panicky or over excited or whatever term you want to use. That’s the cause of his inconsistency, and it’s been there since day one. Not going away.

That's not holding on 2nd down??? F'ing ridiculous non-call - the tackler was tackled from behind, OL's arm wrapped around his throat!

Clifford in not a good QB. He has regressed and has shown nothing to make anyone feel good about him returning.

It's almost like we have new players in there

Number one thing that leads to a missed tackle is poor angle of attack causing tackler to have to reach and attempt desperation arm-tackle. Unfortunately, it takes time for a young player who hasn't played much to adjust and get used to making better judgements re: angle of attack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT