ADVERTISEMENT

Packers - Bucs NFC Championship game thread

damn, looked like Rodgers could have run it in on 3rd down, but he opted for the pass, which was incomplete.

GB kicks the FG, making it 31-26, TB with 2:05 left. Risky strategy for the Pack, as they may not get the ball back.

Stupidest play calling .... Worse than PSU.

Anyone disagree with GB play calling there? Should have worked the clock down for the win. Why the phuck are they giving Brady a chance? Good God.
Down 8 they couldn’t have got the win.

Anyone disagree with GB play calling there? Should have worked the clock down for the win. Why the phuck are they giving Brady a chance? Good God.
You didn’t read earlier in the thread GB has the greatest OC ever??? Lol. ( who btw doesn’t call the plays)

Reactions: m.knox
Wow! After all they let go? The refs just picked the winner
Once again 20 for GB got burned again. He’s been horrible all game. He held, but you’re right- they’ve let that stuff go all game and suddenly throw a flag really late to decide the game.

damn, PI on GB for the 1st down.

a legit call, IMHO

GB should have milked more clock, and then gone for it on 4th down.

Amen. My wife was looking at me like I was a mad man. Why the heck are they throwing with 1st and 10 on TB's 30 with 4 minutes left?

Never give Tom Brady the ball back.

Coach made 2 critical mistakes. Man Defense before halftime and not going for it.

Once again 20 for GB got burned again. He’s been horrible all game. He held, but you’re right- they’ve let that stuff go all game and suddenly throw a flag really late to decide the game.

they didn't call holding or PI on a number of plays that were, IMHO, legitimate fighting for the ball players. The hold on that play was too blatant to not call. Had the DB let go really quickly, it's probably not called, but that's not what happened. The ref had no choice.

Reactions: BFPSU and psualt
Wow! After all they let go? The refs just picked the winner
Brady is a great player, but he gets ALL the calls. And I mean ALL of them. From the Tuck Rule call through today. That, and the Green Bay head coach having a brain fart and not going for the TD on 4th and goal with only 2 minutes left, gave the game to Brady.

Reactions: m.knox
Brady is a great player, but he gets ALL the calls. And I mean ALL of them. From the Tuck Rule call through today. That, and the Green Bay head coach having a brain fart and not going for the TD on 4th and goal with only 2 minutes left, gave the game to Brady.
Or it seems like he gets all the calls because he’s the best ever and he just keeps winning.

Reactions: razpsu
Chalk flew up when he pulled the jersey. LOl

Still don't get why Rodgers elected to throw into double-coverage when he had a ton of room to run for front corner of endzone - decent chance he makes it there. Poor decision there imho.
Guessing a younger Rodgers runs it in or gets blown up trying. Maybe didn't think he could make it.

they didn't call holding or PI on a number of plays that were, IMHO, legitimate fighting for the ball players. The hold on that play was too blatant to not call. Had the DB let go really quickly, it's probably not called, but that's not what happened. The ref had no choice.
I thought it was a bad call based on the original camera angle but the second angle showed that the defender was pulling on the Jersey for 2-3 seconds. It was the correct call.

Reactions: IANit and LionJim
Or it seems like he gets all the calls because he’s the best ever and he just keeps winning.

It's because he doesn't eat anything from the nightshade family of plants.... lol.. and lot's of avocado.

Respectfully, I disagree. There was plenty of holding that was blatant through the game that they let go.

I don’t disagree he held at the end. My problem is the refs have to be consistent. Either you swallow the whistle and “let them play” or you enforce the rules. You can’t change how you call the game in the final 2 minutes. It’s just a consistency issue for me. If they would have called it tight all game then it would not have been an issue.

Don't disagree that he grabbed the Jersey (do disagree that it was more blatant than the grab by the TB defender that enable him to make the INT in first half) - however, the call made was PI, not holding, which was a bad call because the ball was not catchable (rule says ball has to be catchable to be a "PI" penalty which is what they called). Watch the replay, the ball was not only way in front of receiver but was also way, way high - it was not catchable and therefore a PI penalty should not have been called (or at the very least should have been reviewed where if it would have been deemed uncatchable it could have been waived off).

Respectfully, I disagree. There was plenty of holding that was blatant through the game that they let go.

I don’t disagree he held at the end. My problem is the refs have to be consistent. Either you swallow the whistle and “let them play” or you enforce the rules. You can’t change how you call the game in the final 2 minutes. It’s just a consistency issue for me. If they would have called it tight all game then it would not have been an issue.
Pulling someone’s shirt practically off their body is not calling it tight. Even when refs let teams play, they still have to enforce the rules. Letting them play just means they’re not going to call the ticky tack calls....yanking someone’s jersey when they’re running a route is not ticky tack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT