ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Football defeats Northwestern on Saturday afternoon

You know we are not playing Michigan today it’s called Northwestern 3 fumbles barley 100 yards of offense throw the damn ball downfield and make something happen

Okay...Potts had a nice run and hopefully it motivates the other 2 but he shouldn't be taking carries away from them if they're half of what we hoped coming into this season.

I believe Potts has a place in this offense. He should be getting all of Singletons inside runs. Nick is going to make his money in the pros catching passes and being used very specific. Allen and Potts do the slow, methodical runs better. Leave it to them.

Reactions: psu00 and mcpat
The first half wasn't good, but I don't think NW will score again in this game. 3 points in the second half max.

Also, there were signs on that TD drive that our O finally woke up.

Still, I wouldn't want to have laid the 27 points or whatever it was.

One thing for sure: a performance on O like this won't cut it against Ohio State or Michigan.

I like a little bit of adversity today. If our guys are going to get the big head, let it occur by beating OSU. Pasting NW isn't proving anything.

The defense is playing brilliant. And it doesn't matter who is in there.

The Lions have a tradition of slow starts and poor play for morning starts. No one on NU would start for PSU. Cheer up. Looks like they woke up towards the end of qtr 2. Lions by 14.

I like a little bit of adversity today. If our guys are going to get the big head, let it occur by beating OSU. Pasting NW isn't proving anything.

The defense is playing brilliant. And it doesn't matter who is in there.
Assuming we win!

Reactions: psu00
Why have there been no commercials interrupting the talking heads?

I think I am going to record the rest of the game and watch it later so I can skip through the commercials.

Sophomore slump. Just have to get him focused. He looks better when we run him wide, duo, and outside zone. He doesn't read inside zone well and we don't give a lot of daylight on it. Our inside zone looks like a read without a running QB, so it just isn't a good call.

Potts slimmed down this off season under our staff.
Maybe they should run him wide more often to take advantage of that speed. I think we could be doing more to get him in space

Reactions: lazydave841
Why don't we throw screen passes to our RBs?

No Harrison Wallace or McClain?
Cephus is a talent but so far he seems to be about 50% on running the correct route.......and it killed a couple of drives. :confused:

Totally agree. Offensive play calling has been atrocious. Tired of hearing how great this offensive line is. The RBs are getting hit at the line constantly.

If you give up 60 yards to the other team for offense in a half, and they are well below your talent level, you'd expect to have scored a lot.

I don't care which parts of the playbook we are using. It's bad.

Reactions: Grass and psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT