ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Wrestling /Coaching Staff Matches Video Vault

I watched Wilcox compete when he was at Calvary Chapel in CA. He was pretty impressive. He was really good on his feet, but Sanderson is clearly even better.

Wilcox was a beast as was Calvary at the time. They were part of the first Ironmans and Renos.

On the night before the 2nd ever Ironman CC walsh Walsh at Walsh in a great (and packed) dual.

I don't recall what happened at Reno between Wilcox and Cael. I think Cael was 3rd as a JR and 1st as a SR.

Those same years i was 3rd as JR and 2nd as a SR. so just a tad shy of Cael's level.

I think his interviews have improved more than his wrestling over then last 25 years.
He set the floor for interviews pretty low.
It’s hard to say what he dislikes about interviews so much. Do they seem in genuine ? Or boastful ? Something about the concept really rubs him the wrong way. Or maybe his perfectionism makes him upset that he is not great at it? No matter how you understand it it enhances the aura of mystery because you have this gigantic presence and this tiny window into it.

What if your walking around weight is 108? Or your BMI is more than 25?
agree I was 125 my senior yr and tried to cut to 95 got to 96 and that was it I should have wrestled 112 or 120 my senior yr all that weight cut cost me at the end of the yr!

Cael Sanderson Utah vs Ty Wilcox California

You can see where several Penn State Wrestling Greats got their cradle from.

That announcer was cracking me up...he was just so amazed at how many different cradle attempts Cael had. The one thing I observed was - like always - Cael looked as relaxed as if he was enjoying a Sunday brunch...so impressive!

That announcer was cracking me up...he was just so amazed at how many different cradle attempts Cael had. The one thing I observed was - like always - Cael looked as relaxed as if he was enjoying a Sunday brunch...so impressive!
Glad too see you spending so much time over here with the sane folks Nash!

We may have to get creative with our wagering this season.😉

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Glad too see you spending so much time over here with the sane folks Nash!

We may have to get creative with our wagering this season.😉
Yeah, this year we might have to bring in the spread at 7 of the 10 weights. LOL! This will be a challenging year in Iowa City and a party in Happy Valley. Barring some insanity there's a very real chance you have 7 wrestlers in the finals...that's incredible. We'll still have to see what our team looks like in the second semester but clearly barring some major setbacks (which I don't wish on any college kid) this year could be pretty anticlimactic in the team race by the time we all get to our hotels Friday night. It's a hard pill to swallow as a Hawks fan, but we own our successes as well as our failures. I think we can still pull off second but it sucks that we'll have to fight hard for second!

Dan Vallimont defeats the returning Champ, Jarrod King in the 2010 NCAA Semi-Final. Fantastic takedown defense by King, until the last one in OT.

Reactions: danoftw
Yeah, this year we might have to bring in the spread at 7 of the 10 weights. LOL! This will be a challenging year in Iowa City and a party in Happy Valley. Barring some insanity there's a very real chance you have 7 wrestlers in the finals...that's incredible. We'll still have to see what our team looks like in the second semester but clearly barring some major setbacks (which I don't wish on any college kid) this year could be pretty anticlimactic in the team race by the time we all get to our hotels Friday night. It's a hard pill to swallow as a Hawks fan, but we own our successes as well as our failures. I think we can still pull off second but it sucks that we'll have to fight hard for second!
Great attitude in a trying year over there. That said, there’s always something energetic/exciting about being a prohibitive underdog. Counting Woods, the Dakota boys, one or two sports cars, a healthy Ayala, and highly-touted new blood, I think a March second is more likely than not. We’re too cocky over here for my blood, but I understand so many conceding the team title so early. Always craving exciting athletic events over yawners, I’m counting on the “underdog” angle to deliver a raucous dual with at least one Hawk upsetting a favored Lion, tightening the team score and sending the crowd into frenzy. Ah, well, off to rake a billion leaves.

For any dopes who think Ferrari could hang with Cael or comparing other 4 timers to him - stop.

Cael flowed out there and always was on the attack. Ferrari’s schtick would probably annoy Cael enough that he’d give him a well-mannered beating - probably let the match last longer than it had to just to beat him down more thoroughly.

Mitchell Mesenbrink vs Paniro Johnson, at the 2022 US Open

If this was a match between gas tanks, it was full sized pickup truck vs a moped.

For any dopes who think Ferrari could hang with Cael or comparing other 4 timers to him - stop.

Cael flowed out there and always was on the attack. Ferrari’s schtick would probably annoy Cael enough that he’d give him a well-mannered beating - probably let the match last longer than it had to just to beat him down more thoroughly.
Who the hell posited that Ferrari could hang with Cael?

Ferrari is not even going to be able to hang with Aaron.

Who the hell posited that Ferrari could hang with Cael?

Ferrari is not even going to be able to hang with Aaron.
Well Ferrari for one. By a fair share of his dipshit groupies - they’ve moved from Downey to him.

Last edited:
David Taylor vs Steve Fittery - 2011 NCAA Semifinals

Both were undefeated and Freshman Taylor knocked off the #2 seed Fittery, handing him his only loss of the season.

Josh Moore vs Johnny Thompson - 2004 NCAA Quarterfinals - Josh wins a shootout over the two time defending national champion, at the weight class. Some very questionable officiating in this match.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT