ADVERTISEMENT

Perhaps everyone here needs to rewatch Harrison Wallace Jr and KLS

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
vs Utah in the bowl game as well as the play action executed properly. Wallace was healthy. He, KLS, and the TEs had a QB that played quick, decisively and with poise. The O looked pretty good when I watched a rerun the other day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
vs Utah in the bowl game as well as the play action executed properly. Wallace was healthy He and KLS and the TEs had a QB that played quick, decisively and with poise. The O looked pretty good when I watched a rerun the other day.
Who was the WR's coach for the game against Utah?

Why was he dismissed 2 weeks later?

I really do not know the backstory. What role, if any, did OCMY have in his departure? Or his hiring for that matter.

Or was that decision all on HCJF.

Hopefully we have the coaching, staff and most importantly players in place to right the ship and halt the offensive coaching carousel.

And we did have a very accomplished 6th year player starting at QB for the bowl game ....

Reactions: RickinDayton
Hopefully we have the coaching, staff and most importantly players in place to right the ship and halt the offensive coaching carousel

Coaching carousel is never going to end. The best we can hope for is JF connects with his hires more often than he misses. Retaining guys like Seider and Smith as long as we have is the exception rather than the rule.

If AK improves our offense, we are likely looking for a new OC for '25.

Reactions: PSU4U
Coaching carousel is never going to end. The best we can hope for is JF connects with his hires more often than he misses. Retaining guys like Seider and Smith as long as we have is the exception rather than the rule.

The problem with our coaching carousel on the offensive side of the ball is that they are leaving because we were not satisfied with their performance. After OCRR left to lead his own program at ODU, we have made changes that to an outsider seem hasty and in hindsight leave me more curious and questioning.

The problem with our coaching carousel on the offensive side of the ball is that they are leaving because we were not satisfied with their performance. After OCRR left to lead his own program at ODU, we have made changes that to an outsider seem hasty and in hindsight leave me more curious and questioning.

We haven't successfully replaced Josh Gattis. Kirk C might have been fired in haste, but that seems to be the way things go now. Stubblefield is back at Air Force for the 2nd time.

We're always going to doubt things until we beat OSU and win the conference.

We haven't successfully replaced Josh Gattis. Kirk C might have been fired in haste, but that seems to be the way things go now. Stubblefield is back at Air Force for the 2nd time.

So then you won't have any doubt about a year from now.

Who was the WR's coach for the game against Utah?

Why was he dismissed 2 weeks later?

I really do not know the backstory. What role, if any, did OCMY have in his departure? Or his hiring for that matter.

Or was that decision all on HCJF.

Hopefully we have the coaching, staff and most importantly players in place to right the ship and halt the offensive coaching carousel.

And we did have a very accomplished 6th year player starting at QB for the bowl game ....
No doubt about all that. Clifford played perhaps his best game against Utah. He played with no fear, poise and decisiveness when needed.

Anybody know where that OCMY is now?

I understand your point.

When you make a decision to bring on a new coach, I believe it's important to give them a legit opportunity to succeed. I don't know of any internal matters regarding these coaches that may have hastened their departure. But from a performance standpoint I graded them Incomplete.

You want your coaching tree to have many branches. And few sawed off limbs ....

vs Utah in the bowl game as well as the play action executed properly. Wallace was healthy. He, KLS, and the TEs had a QB that played quick, decisively and with poise. The O looked pretty good when I watched a rerun the other day.
They played well in a glorified practice with a month off lol

So then you won't have any doubt about a year from now.

So we are winning both vs OSU and the conference this year?

I understand your point.

When you make a decision to bring on a new coach, I believe it's important to give them a legit opportunity to succeed. I don't know of any internal matters regarding these coaches that may have hastened their departure. But from a performance standpoint I graded them Incomplete.

You want your coaching tree to have many branches. And few sawed off limbs ....

I agree with you, but it seems the time frames have been sped up. Considering how things have been, is there a discernable difference between Stubbs and Hagans? Hagans recruits were better rated, but the on field product was largely unchanged.

Clifford playing well. Read the comment. But it was a glorified scrimmage and Utah did not care or try to win. LOL.
Read the comment again and understand the point. It was a scrimmage just like last year's loss meant nothing.

So we are winning both vs OSU and the conference this year?
A man's reach should exceed his grasp or what's a heaven for...

I am eternally optimistic before the start of any season. If I were betting, I would lay money on 10-2 (40% chance) then 11-1 (25%) then 9-3 (20%) and finally 12-0 (5%) and 8-4 (5%) as the probable outcomes of this upcoming season with 5% other outcome.

Reactions: lazydave841
Clifford playing well. Read the comment. But it was a glorified scrimmage and Utah did not care or try to win. LOL.
Sure. Their QB and several other players got injured by lying down for the game. You nowhere men always have a nowhere answer for everything. 😂

KLS ran one beautiful route vs Utah for that TD from Clifford. He faked inside without ever breaking stride, leaving the CB standing there like he had cement shoes, coupled with the safety being out of position. But, it was a dynamite route by KLS. Wish we could have seen more of that from him.

That is certainly my guess. We have to start landing our first choices for WR coach and recruits. Which came first the chicken or the egg? In this case it doesn't matter we have to start having success at both. But in most cases land the coach and the recruits will come.

I was hopeful when we landed our current guy was hopeful that they would start having some consistent success in the Tide Area which is traditionally loaded with prospects at skill positions but I guess not yet or so it seems.

Reactions: lazydave841

This is way it works at all successful schools. If you are a playoff team, the best you can hope for is to keep your coordinators for a couple of years. The key is identifying/bringing in high quality replacements.

KLS ran one beautiful route vs Utah for that TD from Clifford. He faked inside without ever breaking stride, leaving the CB standing there like he had cement shoes, coupled with the safety being out of position. But, it was a dynamite route by KLS. Wish we could have seen more of that from him.
yep. the announcers were trying to figure out what the heck the safety was doing the entire game. The long TD was one thing. But the same S bit on another play leaving a WR wide open for a long gainer (but not a TD). he also got sucked inside and out of position on the long TD run. So I am not sure it was our great WR play or a S that had a really bad game.

This is way it works at all successful schools. If you are a playoff team, the best you can hope for is to keep your coordinators for a couple of years. The key is identifying/bringing in high quality replacements.
Assuming you can land them.

They haven't been able to land a couple coaches they wanted and needed at DT/DL and WO so they settled because they had too. OC was a huge mistake in Yurcich, but those experiments happen.

While I have hope for our DT/DL coach Imo he's off to a slow start in recruiting which has the potential to change for the better we hope.

Coach K should be a big upgrade for the OC position, but we need players at the WO position, and I would say RB too going forward we are just one or two injuries away from OHOH. Next year we will need two new starters. We should have a couple guys who can get it done but need an upgrade in recruits there too.

I no longer use NIL as an excuse you just have to find a way to get it done. Losing some of the best PA talent is simply a black eye. Way Back in the day in upper management I had one mantra don't bring me a bunch of reasons why you can't get it done bring me solutions along with your plan and timeframe to make it happen.

Do we currently have enough of the right guys at WO to make the playoffs this year. My kneejerk reaction is no but I hope to be proved wrong. IMO coach K will have to be excellent in his schemes and style of attack each week especially early in the year until he and the squad get settled in together. I expect growing pains.

I hate to say it, but this team will go the way of Alar, so it's sink or swim. Pray he's got the new O under control and will be improved. He needs to be improved!

Bring on WVA. Let's see what we have. I'm ready for some PS Football.

yep. the announcers were trying to figure out what the heck the safety was doing the entire game. The long TD was one thing. But the same S bit on another play leaving a WR wide open for a long gainer (but not a TD). he also got sucked inside and out of position on the long TD run. So I am not sure it was our great WR play or a S that had a really bad game.
Would it have mattered if Allar 2023 were the QB either way you want to cut it. In the stands for the Illinois game and watching the replays of other games ... He checked off KLS and others that were open deep or threw the ball into orbit. Or threw a brick on WRs open on the fade. You can piss all over the WRs all you like. They were not the only cause of WRs failing to score points. DBs didn't have to cover them on so many routes.... It was a group effort including the OC that gets fired for insubordination every couple years.

Would it have mattered if Allar 2023 were the QB either way you want to cut it. In the stands for the Illinois game and watching the replays of other games ... He checked off KLS and others that were open deep or threw the ball into orbit. Or threw a brick on WRs open on the fade. You can piss all over the WRs all you like. They were not the only cause of WRs failing to score points. DBs didn't have to cover them on so many routes.... It was a group effort including the OC that gets fired for insubordination every couple years.
Well, you are making some wild assumptions. I could have made that throw to KLS and the other one that was the long gainer. I could also have handed it off to singleton on the 95 yard run. The rest of the game I'd have been in the infirmary.

Last edited:
Well, you are making some wild assumptions. I could have made that throw to KLS and the other one that was the long gainer. I could also have handed it off to singleton on the 95 yard run. The rest of the game I'd have been in the infirmary.
I am not talking about you or I. Nor am I using that one play or another in isolation but as an example of many plays over the season. The checking was that of a QB with no meaningful experience at this level and many opportunities were missed because of either the fear of letting lose or a learning curve issue, perhaps both. I hope that improves. My real concern is that Allar turns awkwardly which often negates his great arm strength. This awkwardness impacts his view of the field both his positioning when throwing and handing off the ball as well as the line of sight when making his check offs. What are observations for but making good assumptions.

I am not talking about you or I. Nor am I using that one play or another in isolation but as an example of many plays over the season. The checking was that of a QB with no meaningful experience at this level and many opportunities were missed because of either the fear of letting lose or a learning curve issue, perhaps both. I hope that improves. My real concern is that Allar turns awkwardly which often negates his great arm strength. This awkwardness impacts his view of the field both his positioning when throwing and handing off the ball as well as the line of sight when making his check offs. What are observations for but making good assumptions.
Again this entire thread was made to bash Allar...why no one else saw that os beyond comprehension.

It's also completely wrong but that's another issue

It was a good game for the PSU players (esp. Cliff) but Utah did not have anything like a top-tier Big Ten secondary in that game. They were missing their best DB and their safeties lacked speed and got suckered a few times.

Reactions: Obliviax
It was a good game for the PSU players (esp. Cliff) but Utah did not have anything like a top-tier Big Ten secondary in that game. They were missing their best DB and their safeties lacked speed and got suckered a few times.
What, there's no next man up at Utah? Lol
I hope we get a Healthy Harrison Wallace and Omari Evans this fall. That being said, I hope Allar learns to move and position his feet more quickly than the average one legged lumberjack has.

So our coaches have somehow missed that Allar turns awkwardly which negates his arm strength and haven't had him work on it? Perhaps they should hire you as a special QB consultant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT