ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Top 25

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
Penn State at 11--still ahead of Ole Miss
Iowa fell behind Arizona--the committee has less respect for Iowa than I do. Three 3-loss teams (Zona, LSU and Oregon St) ahead of them.

So where do we stand with this Texas/Bama stuff?

1. Texas beat Bama. Week 2, but this occurred.
2. Bama has looked good since then, perhaps better than Texas, but Ewers has been injured.

If you put Bama in over Texas, you defeat a lot of initial argument points. Playing a tough OOC game and winning doesn't matter if the team you beat looks good later on.

To me, Oregon being ahead of both is what throws the argument. Oregon played Texas Tech OOC, struggled, and is considered better than Texas and Bama because...?

Probably the most criminal rank is Tennessee at 21. Blown out by Missouri and UGA. Bama controlled them. Florida throughly beat them. I'm leaning towards 25th at best.

Clemson in there at 24th is kinda iffy too.

2. Bama has looked good since then, perhaps better than Texas, but Ewers has been injured.

If you put Bama in over Texas, you defeat a lot of initial argument points. Playing a tough OOC game and winning doesn't matter if the team you beat looks good later on.

To me, Oregon being ahead of both is what throws the argument. Oregon played Texas Tech OOC, struggled, and is considered better than Texas and Bama because...?

Probably the most criminal rank is Tennessee at 21. Blown out by Missouri and UGA. Bama controlled them. Florida throughly beat them. I'm leaning towards 25th at best.

Clemson in there at 24th is kinda iffy too.
If Bama beats Georgia there's no limit way they're out. Texas without the Bama win wouldn't even be in the discussion. They'd be Louisville. That's why it matters to have real non-conference games.

If Bama beats Georgia there's no limit way they're out. Texas without the Bama win wouldn't even be in the discussion. They'd be Louisville. That's why it matters to have real non-conference games.

If Bama beats UGA, and Texas wins out, they both have arguments to be in and any thought otherwise is absurd.

Matters for who? Bama might have gotten in if they were undefeated and only lost in the ccg to UGA. Now they HAVE to beat UGA or its definitely not going to happen.

Doesn't seem to matter for Texas either. Big 12 is getting more love than the ACC. Yet they'd be Louisville if they didn't have the Bama win, but it also isn't good enough to get in over 1 loss Oregon because they look better against subjectively weak competition.

If Bama beats UGA, and Texas wins out, they both have arguments to be in and any thought otherwise is absurd.

Matters for who? Bama might have gotten in if they were undefeated and only lost in the ccg to UGA. Now they HAVE to beat UGA or its definitely not going to happen.

Doesn't seem to matter for Texas either. Big 12 is getting more love than the ACC. Yet they'd be Louisville if they didn't have the Bama win, but it also isn't good enough to get in over 1 loss Oregon because they look better against subjectively weak competition.
Both have arguments but a 1 loss SEC champ with a win over Georgia won't be left out. If I'm I think Texas-Georgis is the debate that there.
Right now it's Georgia, large gap, Michigan/Ohio State, large gap, Washington/FSU another gap followed by Oregon/Texas/Bama. Give Bama a win against GA and either Oregon it Washington a win against each other Texas is in trouble IMO

If Texas and Alabama both end up 12-1, Texas is guaranteed in the CFP. There is zero chance the CFP will take Bama over a Texas team that beat them. Yes, that can result in the scenario where no SEC teams make the CFP but sometimes results work out weird.

It doesn’t matter how strong the Committee thinks the SEC is, it isn’t going to ignore the head to head result between two 1 loss teams.

If Texas and Alabama both end up 12-1, Texas is guaranteed in the CFP. There is zero chance the CFP will take Bama over a Texas team that beat them. Yes, that can result in the scenario where no SEC teams make the CFP but sometimes results work out weird.

It doesn’t matter how strong the Committee thinks the SEC is, it isn’t going to ignore the head to head result between two 1 loss teams.
I hope we see because I think Bama and Georgia get in and they won't even be comparing Bama/Texas to get to the H2H matchup.

1. Big Ten Winner
2. Alabama
3. Pac XII Winner
4. Georgia

5. Florida State (even if undefeated)
6. Big Ten Runner up
7. Texas
8. Pac XII Runner Up

And we might switch 7 & 8 if Oregon beats Washington.

I think people are underestimating how far ahead they have Georgia over everyone else right now. Georgia might even be 3 in that scenario but they likely try to avoid a rematch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT