ADVERTISEMENT

PSU commit Tyseer Denmark has 3 TD receptions in Big 33 Game

Wow— he is better than I thought— I knew he was fast— but speed and ability to catch— game breaker that we have been missing. If I’m Allar, I would spend most of summer throwing to Tyseer and get timing down. Feel much better about pass game. With Denmark (most talented receiver who can flat out fly IMHO), Fleming- dependable and disciplined and ready to break out and hopefully injury free Tre Harrison and Warren and many TEs and Singleton/Allar/ Quinton Martin as slot- Allar and Kotelnicki could have a potent offense.

MVP of Big 33- 3 TDs, 4 catches for 95 yds - way to go Tyseer!!

Wow— he is better than I thought— I knew he was fast— but speed and ability to catch— game breaker that we have been missing. If I’m Allar, I would spend most of summer throwing to Tyseer and get timing down. Feel much better about pass game. With Denmark (most talented receiver who can flat out fly IMHO), Fleming- dependable and disciplined and ready to break out and hopefully injury free Tre Harrison and Warren and many TEs and Singleton/Allar/ Quinton Martin as slot- Allar and Kotelnicki could have a potent offense.

MVP of Big 33- 3 TDs, 4 catches for 95 yds - way to go Tyseer!!
That’s what we need is a wide receiver who can make a contested catch. Denmark seems to have those ball skills.

Denmark will be buried on the depth chart. We’ll see him in 2025. He’s a PSU wide receiver.
I know one of his coaches before he went to imotep and he thinks he will start day 1 - he is that good.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I know one of his coaches before he went to imotep and he thinks he will start day 1 - he is that good.
Yep, as far as WR goes there is Flemming and Harrison, and there are questions about those two with their injury histories. Sauders also seems to have some momentum towards earning a significant role with his play in the last part of 2023 and within Spring practices, but the rest of the WR depth chart seems to be totally up in the air. Evans, Johnson, Ivey Flowers and even Clifford haven't seemed to do enough to carve out a consistent role in the offense. So is anyone that shows they can consistently make plays as a WR really burried on the depth chart? I don't believe so.

If Denmark can get to PSU and work out with the QB's some this summer and consistently make plays in Fall camp he would seem to have a great chance to contribute in 2024 as he learns the offense and blocking responsibilites and earns the confidence of the PSU coaches.

Edit: From the rumors on his eligility issues it seems it would also be great if he could complete a course or two in the second summer session as well........

Last edited:
Reactions: RickinDayton
I like the optimism here and he is a young man that has potential. If there is any position where a youngin can come in and earn a starting slot, I think WR is it.

However, I'm pumping the breaks a bit for now. That list of Maryland DBs at the Big 33 does not look like top competition. There was one going to a D1 school and that's it. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do against top competition.

I like the optimism here and he is a young man that has potential. If there is any position where a youngin can come in and earn a starting slot, I think WR is it.

However, I'm pumping the breaks a bit for now. That list of Maryland DBs at the Big 33 does not look like top competition. There was one going to a D1 school and that's it. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do against top competition.
Yeah hard to judge based on this game. Clearly was going against man defense and not sure how good the Maryland DBs. On the other hand, he did make a couple of contested catches which was nice to see.

May not start right away, but will get enough playing time early to see if he can be a starter his freshman year. That will also be good for other top recruits at WR to see.

Yeah hard to judge based on this game. Clearly was going against man defense and not sure how good the Maryland DBs. On the other hand, he did make a couple of contested catches which was nice to see.
I believe I read that MD had their best DB consistently lined up against Denmark and that that DB was a 4 star headed to Maryland..... Who really knows how good that CB is now, or Denmark for that matter.... But I still like seeing a WR on his way to PSU that can actually catch footballs in an all-star football game.

Last edited:
I believe I read that MD had their best DB consistently lined up against Denmark and that that DB was a 4 star headed to Maryland..... But who really knows how good he is now....
Yep, that was the one that I saw that was headed to a D1 school. Didn't know they tried to keep him matched up with Denmark though.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT