ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Indiana Game Thread

on two occasions, a WR for Indy caught a pass and advanced past the 1st down mark, but then without any contact with PSU player, the Indy WR gave up the FD and was tackled short. In both cases the refs gave Indy the FD. once the announcers said Franklin should challenge the spot, as it would have been 4th down.

anyone familiar with the rule on spots? i thought you only got forward progress if you were hit and stopped by the other team and then pushed back short of FD line. in both these cases the Indy WR retreated with an intent to get more yards. if they gave the WR the FD location, then would they have stopped the play if they broke free for a much longer gain?
Should not have been first downs....Indy got a few really generous spots.

Reactions: jroman1
Good game. I agree with most, including Gilmore on the call, how dumb it was for IU to line up in an unconventional punt formation instead of just running Stevie Scott or Ramsey there. It was early 3rd qtr, first drive I believe. Just punt it or go heavy with Scott. Whop's early muff after Initial 3/out was huge too.

Hoping both Whop and Hamler are good to go next week. Just don't want whop back there fielding punts. Said that weeks ago He's too big for the O.

Good luck rest of the way. Beat OSU!!

They played Tom Brady two weeks in a row and for the fourth time this year.
Nest week it is going to be Michael Vick and Tom Brady all in one. I fear it won't just be a long afternoon, but quite possibly a very embarrassing one.

on two occasions, a WR for Indy caught a pass and advanced past the 1st down mark, but then without any contact with PSU player, the Indy WR gave up the FD and was tackled short. In both cases the refs gave Indy the FD. once the announcers said Franklin should challenge the spot, as it would have been 4th down.

anyone familiar with the rule on spots? i thought you only got forward progress if you were hit and stopped by the other team and then pushed back short of FD line. in both these cases the Indy WR retreated with an intent to get more yards. if they gave the WR the FD location, then would they have stopped the play if they broke free for a much longer gain?
The one was terrible. It occurred in the middle of the field. A lot of people around us in the stands were yelling about it. There was one on the sideline that was bad (not as bad as the other one) too. The great thing about the one spot is that they had to get exactly to the 35 and the ref marked the tip of the ball right on the yard line. Coincidence? Or as Bushwood would have asked, Coinkydink?

Nest week it is going to be Michael Vick and Tom Brady all in one. I fear it won't just be a long afternoon, but quite possibly a very embarrassing one.
could very well be correct based on some alarming trends, but on the other hand every game is different, as PSU fans know well.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Answer this. Is Levis that much better at running the football than Clifford? No way is it worth essentially removing a player from the field. QB lined up a WR is a wasted player on the field.
HD offense like the good ole days

Ok, so it wasn't 61 - 6 but a WIN is a WIN!

Minnesota exposes our defense. Max protect and give the QB time to throw. Our DB’s can’t cover for any length of time. There also seems to be a lot of confusion in coverages. Without YGM or Toney generating pressure we need to blitz. And today both were held in check by freshman OTs. That shouldn’t be happening. I don’t, maybe they’re injured or worn out. They’ve played a lot of snaps. Next is likely going to get ugly for us.

I wouldn't want to see this team in a New Year's Six bowl anymore, only to be shredded with passes by mediocre QBs at will.
You are not alone . the coverage schemes everything very sad at times

This game sealed this team's identity. The Minnesota loss was not a fluke. The close win over Pitt; the second half near meltdown vs. Michigan; the early struggle with Buffalo; not being able to pull away from Iowa, all of these help define this team. Good team, but not even close to great. Personally, I was sucked in by the Maryland game at the time. Little did I know how bad Maryland was.

Reactions: Franklinstheman
I missed the game. Based on what I’ve read, it seems I’ll be having f*ck us for dinner with a side of FIRE. FRANKLIN. :eek: . At least they will be seasoned dishes.

So you don’t understand the English language either. Keep digging and all will see who the “dummy” moniker should apply to.

You have been hypercritical of this team, to the point where you said we won't win 10 games, meaning we'll lose to OSU and Rutgers. If you actually didn't mean we would lose to Rutgers, claiming we would isn't sarcasm, dummy. It can be described as exaggerative, or facetious ... but not sarcastic ... unless you're just trying to act like a turd in all your criticisms of the players and coaching staff because you think they're doing really well.

You're welcome. Now, how many bets have you accepted on the Rutgers @ PSU matchup?

This game sealed this team's identity. The Minnesota loss was not a fluke. The close win over Pitt; the second half near meltdown vs. Michigan; the early struggle with Buffalo; not being able to pull away from Iowa, all of these help define this team. Good team, but not even close to great. Personally, I was sucked in by the Maryland game at the time. Little did I know how bad Maryland was.
Morgan was 18-20 for 339 yds last week. Ramsey was 31-41 for 371 yds this week. Back to back Heisman like performances for opposing QBs.

Yep. A month ago we all thought the OSU game would be a good game that we could win. Now, no one has any hope and it would be a miracle to win. We have totally regressed and have no mojo. The defense is pathetic and getting worse by the game. The combination of our defense being out schemed, physical errors, mental errors and lack of emotion is hugely disappointing.

Morgan was 18-20 for 339 yds last week. Ramsey was 31-41 for 371 yds this week. Back to back Heisman like performances for opposing QBs.
Ramsey doesn't even throw the ball that well. He kind of aims it and shot puts it sometimes. The middle of the field was wide open for him today. Number 86 could have caught 20 balls over the middle. I was watching Jan Johnson and Wade talking it over after one of those little dinks over the middle to #86. Both of them had been kind of around the play. Just not quite there to stop it from being real good yardage. The pass defense is just not good right now. Seeing it in person makes me skeptical about PSU's chances next week in Columbus. Tackling was horrendous too. Cam Brown missed at least 5 tackles. Others missed tackles too.

Last year Peyton Ramsey was 26/36 against us. Is it the players or the scheme for psu?

Rodney said he was. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. He did spend 5 yrs in 9-12
Yeah, it seems that I'm wrong on this one, but 5th year prep is still considered secondary school. He is ready for the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT