ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Indiana Game Thread

Just got back from a game viewing party. Many of us were wondering if some of the spots for first downs by Indiana were given to them or were we seeing things? A couple of times the IU receiver ran out of first down yardage without being touched by a PSU DB, then tackled short. IU was then awarded a first down.

Also, there was no consistency on grounding calls. PSU called for grounding when the receiver broke off a post pattern and cut toward the sideline just when the ball was released so a penalty called. I have seen this let go before. But IU QB being harassed runs out of the pocket and throws it away about 5 yards short of the LOS and nothing called. Much holding by IU OL and as usual nothing called by B10 refs.

On the other hand, Franklin finally appears to have learned some clock management in the fourth quarter. He did exactly what should have been done and sealed the win with the last PSU drive. I give credit where credit is due.

The Defense is really disappointing.... no pass rush, d- backs lost in coverage, and serious lack of tackling. We knew they were going to pass ...the killed us passing.

On offense, still need the other receivers to step up.

Yeah, it seems that I'm wrong on this one, but 5th year prep is still considered secondary school. He is ready for the next level.
I am not sure Rodney is correct. He is not 3 yrs removed from HS graduation. He is only 2. Brooks school is a private day(?) school w high academic standards. Many times students transferring from a public school will have to repeat a year to catch up. So he hasn’t really had a PG year like at a fork union or someplace like that. This is not like Larry Fitzgerald who did a pg yr someplace
Guessing it will end in a law suit if he wants to come out
Brooks School is a coeducational boarding and day school, grades 9 through 12, located in North Andover, Massachusetts. The school does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or color in the administration of its educational

Reactions: mn78psu83
Why does Pry have a defensive play sheet? Are there that many different variations of play soft zone and let everything get completed in front of you?

I am not sure Rodney is correct. He is not 3 yrs removed from HS graduation. He is only 2. Brooks school is a private day(?) school w high academic standards. Many times students transferring from a public school will have to repeat a year to catch up. So he hasn’t really had a PG year like at a fork union or someplace like that. This is not like Larry Fitzgerald who did a pg yr someplace
Guessing it will end in a law suit if he wants to come out
Brooks School is a coeducational boarding and day school, grades 9 through 12, located in North Andover, Massachusetts. The school does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or color in the administration of its educational
looks like it will have to be interpreted but yeah he is not 3 years removed from graduation

Maybe something has changed but 5th year prep was always considered to be a high school year.
It was not a 5 th yr prep. Brooks does not offer a PG year. It was a repeat of an earlier grade

Last edited:
Reactions: mn78psu83
Why does Pry have a defensive play sheet? Are there that many different variations of play soft zone and let everything get completed in front of you?
The thing that is amazing to watch in person is the ineffectiveness of the blitzes. Our guys usually just get stoned on their blitzes. Hard to believe PSU can't get there a couple of times a game in light of how much they blitz.

The thing that is amazing to watch in person is the ineffectiveness of the blitzes. Our guys usually just get stoned on their blitzes. Hard to believe PSU can't get there a couple of times a game in light of how much they blitz.

I mentioned this last week... our blitz package suck d. Too late, delayed, easily read, and just useless....

Delay blitz... throw to that area... First down... rinse and repeat.

There are major issues with out defense....

Reactions: Ski

Sometimes the plan is to let passes to get completed well behind you. I guess that's why he needs a play sheet.

there has to be a reason that our defensive line was up near the leaders in sacks through the Purdue game and then just dropped off the map

they're the same freaking players

did we go another entire game today without a hold called on the opponent's offensive line?

Just got back from a game viewing party. Many of us were wondering if some of the spots for first downs by Indiana were given to them or were we seeing things? A couple of times the IU receiver ran out of first down yardage without being touched by a PSU DB, then tackled short. IU was then awarded a first down.

Also, there was no consistency on grounding calls. PSU called for grounding when the receiver broke off a post pattern and cut toward the sideline just when the ball was released so a penalty called. I have seen this let go before. But IU QB being harassed runs out of the pocket and throws it away about 5 yards short of the LOS and nothing called. Much holding by IU OL and as usual nothing called by B10 refs.

On the other hand, Franklin finally appears to have learned some clock management in the fourth quarter. He did exactly what should have been done and sealed the win with the last PSU drive. I give credit where credit is due.
That last drive was man football. We dominated them when the game was on the line. Kudos to the coaches, offensive line, and Clifford for making the plays when it counted and using up 9 minutes of clock. That was good Big10 football.

there has to be a reason that our defensive line was up near the leaders in sacks through the Purdue game and then just dropped off the map

did we go another entire game today without a hold called on the opponent's offensive line?
The reason is we played Idaho and Purdue. They didn’t do anything vs. Buffalo or Pitt either.

Reactions: Omar81
Please tell me that is the last time we see the Levis/Lion package. I really hoped that non sense had disappeared when Tommy went south. Have a RB go into the wildcat or have the QB that we have and is leading the team in rushing just go ahead and run the ball if you need to. Its NOT fooling anyone ....and yes i know we got a first down with it.

Please tell me that is the last time we see the Levis/Lion package. I really hoped that non sense had disappeared when Tommy went south. Have a RB go into the wildcat or have the QB that we have and is leading the team in rushing just go ahead and run the ball if you need to. Its NOT fooling anyone ....and yes i know we got a first down with it.
It was kind of comical. We were laughing in the stands.

Reactions: wcg207
But I know someone being a dick...might want to take some lessons on being humorous, otherwise you just continue to be the overbearing dufus that others make fun of.

Aww cat take your sense of humor? No, you don't know jack s--t. I consider the source and THAT is extremely funny.

Aww cat take your sense of humor? No, you don't know jack s--t. I consider the source and THAT is extremely funny.
Lost my sense of humor? There has to be some humor in it to be sensed.

Lost my sense of humor? There has to be some humor in it to be sensed.

There are some people who can't comprehend dry sarcasm, you and those with only 1 active brain cell. You don't appreciate my brand of humor, fine, just ignore it while everyone else snickers. But you really should quit making a fool out of yourself with your silly posts about it.

I don’t really have a problem with it. I think Levis may be a stronger runner than Clifford. Think of it as another form of QB sneak and use it for short yardage situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany_93

I don't think there were any holds called.

I fon’t like the

With the recruiting classes the last three years, we should not have to blitz. We are now seeing the impact of losing Larry Johnson Sr.

I don’t really have a problem with it. I think Levi’s may be a stronger runner than Clifford. Think of it as another form of QB sneak and use it for short yardage situations.

When are we going to see Parsons in the WILDCAT down inside the 5?

There are some people who can't comprehend dry sarcasm, you and those with only 1 active brain cell. You don't appreciate my brand of humor, fine, just ignore it while everyone else snickers. But you really should quit making a fool out of yourself with your silly posts about it.
Bringing up something that has been beaten to death is really not humorous regardless of anyone’s sense of humor, so no one was snickering. You’re the guy that makes a joke at a party and you’re the only one that laughs at it.

Bringing up something that has been beaten to death is really not humorous regardless of anyone’s sense of humor, so no one was snickering. You’re the guy that makes a joke at a party and you’re the only one that laughs at it.

Says the clown who doesn't know enough to quit when he's behind. So what are you .. really? A humor savant? A witless sap who's always the butt of jokes? How can something be beaten to death when our clueless coaching staff keeps doing the same stupid things week after week and year after year? Your last line made me laugh ... AT you. You really are humorless, huh?

Reactions: zubrus1
Just PJ Fleck run all the way into the playing field in their game vs Iowa. Got a penalty and I hope it ends up costing them the game. The more I see him the less I like him

Says the clown who doesn't know enough to quit when he's behind. So what are you .. really? A humor savant? A witless sap who's always the butt of jokes? How can something be beaten to death when our clueless coaching staff keeps doing the same stupid things week after week and year after year? Your last line made me laugh ... AT you. You really are humorless, huh?
When did our coaches go for two today? You know, since they keep doing the same things week after week and that’s what you posted about. They obviously went for two again today...help me remember when.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT