ADVERTISEMENT

PSU tied for third in odds to win B1G championship in 2017

odd. We are tied with Wiscy at 5/1. tOSU (1/1) and Michigan (3/1) are ranked higher. Rutgers (250/1) edges out Purdue/MD/Ill (at 150/1).

Rodney-Dangerfield.jpg

Yeah, I don't get all of the hype for Michigan this year. Hats off to them if they finish above 3rd in the division for a change, but I don't see it.

But I could see a West division team having better odds than whoever is picked 2nd in the East, since a West team doesn't have to go through OSU or Penn State until the BIG Championship game. But the oddsmakers didn't even go that route.

Its a round robin in the East. The winner will win the conference and the runner up will go to the Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl if they have just one loss...

What if
PSU beats UM and loses to O$U
O$U beats PSU and loses to UM
UM beats O$U and loses to PSU

Does Herbie pick?

Reactions: step.eng69
Yeah, I don't get all of the hype for Michigan this year. Hats off to them if they finish above 3rd in the division for a change, but I don't see it.

But I could see a West division team having better odds than whoever is picked 2nd in the East, since a West team doesn't have to go through OSU or Penn State until the BIG Championship game. But the oddsmakers didn't even go that route.
good point. For the west winner, its 50/50 today.

How many more third place finishes will it take before people get off the Harbaugh train? They just keep pushing Michigan and OSU as the only two teams in the Big even when Michigan keeps not winning the conference.

odd. We are tied with Wiscy at 5/1. tOSU (1/1) and Michigan (3/1) are ranked higher. Rutgers (250/1) edges out Purdue/MD/Ill (at 150/1).
So let me get this straight, the reigning champions lose the fewest number of starters and key players from their roster so they are now 3rd best bet to win it? Ummm, did our team any more motivation? They win the championship and are still disrespected?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT