ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - tOSU Game Thread

I thought Barkley was clearly interfered with before the Godwin throw as well. CB never turned around and ran into him before the ball got their because the ball hit the Bucknut in the back.
I thought the same. Never looked back for the ball and ran into Barkley before the ball got there. Usually a PI call every time.

Would absolutely love to see McSorley toss some of those longer throws to Charles. 6'4" and 220 can muscle some balls away from that OSU secondary. Keep throwing to Godwin too.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Clearly helped to finally throw the ball in the middle of the field to Godwin for the first down. Don't need to go deep so often.

I thought Barkley was clearly interfered with before the Godwin throw as well. CB never turned around and ran into him before the ball got their because the ball hit the Bucknut in the back.

100% agree. Defender never looked back. We got screwed on the 12 players on the field penalty as well.

Reactions: therod and FHSPSU67
Would absolutely love to see McSorley toss some of those longer throws to Charles. 6'4" and 220 can muscle some balls away from that OSU secondary. Keep throwing to Godwin too.

I love the idea of Charles or Johnson going up to get the ball. Line them up at the TE and find a mismatch. Aren't they both 6'4" and north of 215 lbs?

If we are going to win this, the defense has to come up with a turnover. I doubt it will be a fumble so I'm thinking it has to be an interception on a blitz that he tries to quickly get rid of it

100% agree. Defender never looked back. We got screwed on the 12 players on the field penalty as well.
Agree, but you should expect these calls/non-calls against OSU or UM. However, Penn State could have been called for a late hit OOB in the 1st quarter I believe and was not.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Can you just throw someone in at tight end who's never played the position?...the only guy I know that can just go play any position is Bugs Bunny.

I am not asking them to play TE, I am asking them to line up pretend to block and run to the middle of the filed and catch the damn ball. Kinda like what we ask MG to do. I get it is not conventional and they are not TE's, just trying to think outside the box to get the ball moving here. Sorry, didn't meat to offend you by thinking out loud.

Can you just throw someone in at tight end who's never played the position?...the only guy I know that can just go play any position is Bugs Bunny.

not to play TE, but can certainly run patterns in the middle of the field Gisicki couldn't block anyway, which is the other main duty of the TE, so having a WR in the slot running patterns over the middle would work fine in this situation. A couple game ago Charles did just that and took it for a long TD reception.

I am not asking them to play TE, I am asking them to line up pretend to block and run to the middle of the filed and catch the damn ball. Kinda like what we ask MG to do. I get it is not conventional and they are not TE's, just trying to think outside the box to get the ball moving here. Sorry, didn't meat to offend you by thinking out loud.
As was I, why did you think I was offended?

It's called reps, and if you don't have em, you can't play in a game like this. TE did not fully run through his route on the wide open miss=lack of reps.

drive by PSU was looking promising, but kind of fell apart after the confusion on 1st down.

Barkley has to touch the ball at some point on every drive. I don't mind the qb run but we have to get him more touches. He can break one soon!

Barkley has to touch the ball at some point on every drive. I don't mind the qb run but we have to get him more touches. He can break one soon!
love to see the wheel route to SB as he's a togh cover out of the backfield

We used to send a little guy across the middle and he made a lot of great plays. We clear it out with another fast guy. Both NFLers -- Norwood and Butler, respectively. I miss those plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT