ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs. Maryland thread - 7 PM (Friday, Jan. 7th)

Has Cochran stepped forward, even once so far?
The other Maryland kids were outmatched but moved forward.

Cochran is riding a huge high right now as most know also, just won the Scuffle beating Loew, Kent and Bolen

Reactions: diggerpup
All our hammers wrestlers have "WHAT'S WRONG!?" matches in January (when they only win by decision) ... like every single one. Aaron got worked by a backup 174 last year.
I remember a dual years ago where Nolf and Nickal both had regular decisions against sub par competition. Cael knows how to have them at their best in March.

I remember a dual years ago where Nolf and Nickal both had regular decisions against sub par competition. Cael knows how to have them at their best in March.
2018:
Nickal had scares against Gravina and Abounader (though Abounader was very good)
Nolf looked beatable by Pantaleo (once again, very good wrestler so not quite the same)

Reactions: diggerpup
Cochran should have been stalled out by now. Taking a beating from AB is one thing. Running backwards, afraid to engage is a little embarrassing

184: Brooks vs Cochran

AB with a nice front headlock and spin behind. 2-0 AB. Lets him up. 2-1 with a min to go. Lots of action. AB shot and very quick finish. 4-1. Lets him up again. Another single leg and quick finish by AB. 6-2 now. Not the close match some were saying it could be; AB clearly on a different level. AB now riding instead of catch and release. Period ends 6-2 AB with prob 1:30ish RT if i had to guess.

neutral start to 2nd. Brooks pressuring hard. In on a single and finishes again. 8-2 now. OOB 1:21 to go. Brooks cuts him. 8-3 now. 1:10 to go. Brooks with an RBY type go behind TD. 10-3 now. 45 secs to go in 2nd. Stall warning on Cochran. I dunno; AB just killing it but Cochran is wrestling. AB finishes 2nd on top. 10-3 after two. Prob 2:30 in RT. Maybe more. (Doesn’t show on stream.)

Cochran chooses bottom. False Start on Cochran. Cochran to feet and AB cuts him. Ton of action and another TD by AB on quickness alone. Cuts him and then gets another TD. Immediately cuts him and gets another. Very RBY like out there. 16-6 on restart after OOB with 0:57 to go. Cuts him again. Single leg shot and the finish. 18-7 now. Riding with 0:15 to go. 19-7 final with RT.

Last edited:
Cochran closed the gap on 2021 Aaron for sure .... but 2022 Aaron made leaps forward

Reactions: mcpat
Never seen the team look this good , this agressive, this early in the season! I smell National Championship! Yes i know its only Maryland , but P{SU looks good! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

60g89n.jpg

(For all you closet Lamb of God fans out there.)
Love LOG

Reactions: slushhead
184: Brooks vs Cochran

AB with a nice front headlock and spin behind. 2-0 AB. Let’s him up. 2-1 with a min to go. Lots of action. AB shot and very quick finish. 4-1. Let’s him up again. Another single leg and quick finish by AB. 6-1 now. Not the close match some were saying it could be; AB clearly on a different level. AB now riding instead of catch and release. Period ends 6-2 AB with prob 1:30ish RT if i had to guess.

neutral start to 2nd. Brooks pressuring hard. In on a single and finishes again. 8-2 now. OOB 1:21 to go. Brooks cuts him. 8-3 now. 1:10 to go. Brooks with an RBY type go behind TD. 10-3 now. 45 secs to go in 2nd. Stall warning on Cochran. I dunno; AB just killing it but Cochran is wrestling. AB finishes 2nd on top. 10-3 after two. Prob 2:30 in RT. Maybe more. (Doesn’t show on stream.)

Cochran chooses bottom. False Start on Cochran. Cochran to feet and AB cuts him. Ton of action and another TD by AB on quickness alone. Cuts him and then gets another TD. Immediately cuts him and gets another. Very RBY like out there. 16-6 on restart after OIBwith 0:57 to go. Cuts him again. Single leg shot and the finish. 18-7 now. Riding with 0:15 to go. 19-7 final with RT.
What happened with Berge at 165, didnt see an update for that weight?

197 Dean vs Makosy

Makosy with good deep shot, Dean defending and Dean somehow gains upper hand and gets TD. Quick escape and it’s 2-1. Dean now with a single leg, shelfs the leg and gets 2 more. Cuts him. 4-2 Dean and then another quick TD makes it 6-2. Dean standing fully upright with Makosy’s foot in his back pocket and starts D-Pain. Gets 4 NF and it’s 10-2 after one.

Dean starts second on bottom. Up and out in 10 secs. Dean spins behind after Makosy shot and gets 2 more. 13-2 now. Dean trying for a near side cradle. OOB. Makosy to his feet on restart and Dean cuts him. Dean again gets behind off a Makosy shot and it’s 15-3. Dean back to D-pain but clock runs out as he gets turn. 15-3 after 2nd.

Makosy chooses bottom. Have to wonder why. Dean figure fours Makosy’s leg and then stands up again with Makosy foot in his pocket. Finally cuts him when he doesn’t get turn. 15-4. Quick TD makes it 17-4. Cuts him and another quick TD with 15 secs to go. 19-5 becomes 20-5 TF with RT.

Last edited:
I can't imagine if Berge is going to wrestle 157, with concussion history there would be even a small consideration to having him wrestle 165 tonight or any night.

Result of Intra-squad Meet:

First 5 weights: 26
Last 5 weights: 20

MD: 0 (Innocent Bystanders)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
HwT: Kerk vs Schrader

Kerk with a quick double. 2-0. Cuts him after short ride. Another TD to back… one swipe… no back points. 4-1 early. Kerk turns him with cross face and leg… 4 pt NF. 8-1. Schrader eventually gets to feet and Kerk cuts him. Schrader takes a bad shot and Kerk gets behind immediately. 10-2. Kerk again turns him and it’s 14-2 after one.

Schrader takes bottom. Kerk works a tilt. Nothing. Tries it again and this time gets two swipes. 16-2 now. Still riding. Schrader eventually gets to his feet and Kerk cuts him. 16-3 Quick shot and finish for Kerk. And that will do it. TF.

46-0 is the final

ADVERTISEMENT