ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Blehar delivers another great blog post about McQueary and Corbett

There seems to be some very significant differences between the Sandusky scandal and the catholic church scandal.

1) There were actually a lot of contemporaneous complaints against the priests, they were just covered up by church leadership and the priests were often simply transferred to another parish. I would think there would be more complaints against a football coach in the 1990s than priest in the 1960-80s, but no one complained about a sexual act from Sandusky until 2008, and the compliant only became sexual after the accuser underwent months of therapy.

2) You claim that children do not know how to process what occurred, but the accusers who claimed sex acts with Sandusky (V1, V4, V9, V10) were post-pubescent teenagers at the time. As someone who grew up in a "white trash" town in Central PA, its is not uncommon for kids (especially ones raised by single mothers) to start having sex when they are 11-12 years old. At least in the cases of V1 and V4, they were almost certainly having sex with girls during the exact same time period they were claiming abuse by Sandusky.

3) The Catholic church scandal revealed that many of the boys molested by the predator priests grew up to be predators themselves and often became priests themselves where they continued the cycle. When it comes to the men who accused Sandusky, despite the fact that most have extensive criminal records, not a single one has a charge of a sex crime against a male. In fact, not one of the accusers is even plausibly gay.

Also,

1) Gary Schultz believes 100% that Sandusky is innocent. i corresponded with him personally. His silence at this point has mostly to do with the fact that he doesn't want to upset the OAG, as I believe he is still under probation. He does say he looks forward to the opportunity when he can tell the whole story.

2) Do not tell me to go start fighting for the priests or something. I actually believe our criminal justice system is way too soft on child sex offenders. In fact, because unlike Sandusky very few offenders maintain their complete innocence, they are almost always allowed to plea bargain and end up getting only a year or two in prison.

So now kids having consensual sex is the same as being molested by a 50 year old man. So you think most victims of abuse apparently speak up which goes against pretty much any study on the subject, but hey...you were writing Schultz and he thinks Jerry is innocent now after he himself had notes after 98 saying it was borderline criminal at worst and WILDLY inappropriate at best. Now that his name is mud due to Jerry, he's going to be the guy that fights for Jerry once the OAG is off his throat....I wouldn't hold my breath on that either. Toodles, another one for the crazy bin list.

And people wonder how or where the OSU fans blaming Courtney Smith come from....exhibit A. You're a perfect example of a fanatic gone wrong. Buhhh Bye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT