ADVERTISEMENT

Rec Hall parking questions and advice

Did you know Friday’s match is at BJC?
He probably does but he also knows that Sunday's march is at Rec Hall. Why be a jerk?

@mean15
I suggest you park in the Frazer Street lot or street parking if available and walk up to Rec Hall. If you're in a hurray afterwards you'll be on the road about 30 minutes, on average, before the Nittany Deck cars are out.

The walk from the Frazer Street garage is less than 10 minutes and the Nittany Deck exit time is usually greater than 45 minutes.

I parked in the West deck and got a pass for $5.50 (wrestling parking) thru the park mobile app. I was out of that deck in less than 5 minutes after the Lock Haven match. You have to get the parking pass 24 hrs prior to the event to get the $5.50 rate.

If you can’t get to Nittany early enough to get a lower level spot you’ll probably be an hour getting out. I’ll gladly get a parking ticket somewhere else rather than go through that fiasco again.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
He probably does but he also knows that Sunday's march is at Rec Hall. Why be a jerk?

@mean15
I suggest you park in the Frazer Street lot or street parking if available and walk up to Rec Hall. If you're in a hurray afterwards you'll be on the road about 30 minutes, on average, before the Nittany Deck cars are out.

The walk from the Frazer Street garage is less than 10 minutes and the Nittany Deck exit time is usually greater than 45 minutes.
@Agoodnap - I assumed (incorrectly) he was referring to Friday’s match and had forgotten there’s a Sunday match. I was just trying to be helpful. I wasn’t trying to be wise a$$ or a jerk.

@Agoodnap - I assumed (incorrectly) he was referring to Friday’s match and had forgotten there’s a Sunday match. I was just trying to be helpful. I wasn’t trying to be wise a$$ or a jerk.
giphy.gif

I parked in the Frazier st. garage for the Oregon st match. 10 min walk,free on Sunday and about 5 min to get out afterwards

Reactions: hlstone
I parked in the West deck and got a pass for $5.50 (wrestling parking) thru the park mobile app. I was out of that deck in less than 5 minutes after the Lock Haven match. You have to get the parking pass 24 hrs prior to the event to get the $5.50 rate.
This is the best option imo

For anyone that went how was parking at the BJC for Michign?
Getting across campus was a pain in the ass. However, once parked (on campus and not too far of a walk) it was a quick walk to the BJC but in typical PSU fashion it was a pain getting through the door. Then leaving they opened half of the exit doors. You would swear everytime they deal with a huge crowd the people in charge must be promoted or let go because there certainly is a very small learning curve.
Once it was over walked back to the truck and was out and off campus in less than 5 minutes.

Reactions: Creek Side
Parking wasn't bad but the traffic was. Left BRGR at 5:50 and didn't get to my seat until 6:55.
I left BRGR at 5:25 and traffic was no issue, got parked at Eisenhower and into my seat in the BJC by 6:05, actually a little too early. I guess those 25 mins added a bunch of extra time due to traffic.

Reactions: Creek Side
Wife and I bought tickets for the NWCA All Star Match. We've never been to Rec Hall and have a small campervan that doesn't need hookups. Harvest Host indicates we may park overnight at the Happy Valley Winery. Looks fairly close to campus so I think that is where we will stay.

However, I'm a little concerned about parking during the match. It's a very small campervan (Tofino) and built on the Dodge Promaster chassis (17' 9" length) so fits in most parking spaces but I'm guessing it'll be too tall (8' 2") for parking garage. Anyone have a suggestion for parking during the match?

Last edited:
Wife and I bought tickets for the NWCA All Star Match. We've never been to Rec Hall and have a small campervan that doesn't need hookups. Harvest Host indicates we may park overnight at the Happy Valley Winery. Looks fairly close to campus so I think that is where we will stay.

However, I'm a little concerned about parking during the match. It's a very small campervan (Tofino) and built on the Dodge Promaster chassis (17' 9" length) so fits in most parking spaces but I'm guessing it'll be too tall (8' 2") for parking garage. Anyone have a suggestion for parking during the match?
Park at the winery and take an Uber in and back.

Reactions: hlstone

So we all are tailgating at a winery?

Reactions: Agoodnap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT