ADVERTISEMENT

Carter calls his shot — He wants Ferrari at the All-Star Match in Rec Hall

Not true- PSU prides themselves off of not acting this way. Posting a simple come back is fine but there are things he went over the top with. Then half the PSU fans are saying how cool it is blows my mind. Yes he is a four time ncaa champion and with that comes the fact kids look up to him. How was his post funny or a good look for PSU is beyond me. If he is getting paid all that money to return he should act in a professional manner. He is lucky his money is coming from donors and not from a company he is repping. Nike would get rid of him in heart beat for something like this.
I was so hoping this was bizarro Carter and not the real Carter. AJ deserves being clowned but that was pretty risky. keep it in the sand box guys.

Reactions: lookleft goright
If Ferrari accepts, makes weight, wrestles Carter and beats him, then he did not lose.

Wrestling a fired up on a mission Starroci in Rec Hall, that will be brutal. He broke Lewis last year and there was nothing personal there.
Yeah, I put AJ’s chance of beating Starocci at less than zero- lose/lose situation

A few things:
1). I am with Brock, no matter how much that train wreck of a human deserves this, it's classless. Carter could have called him out with a challenge, without the real 'trash' in trash talking.
2). CSBU - you asked for it!
3). 184 - there is no more uncertainty
4). "Pedophile"? The list of offenses is so long I can't remember them all, but was there an under 16 instance in there? If not Carter just might get a call from one of those horny lawyers. I hope not.
5). Don't get too excited, if AJ accepts, which is unlikely, I bet he shows up and doesn't make weight, and then puts it on Carter to wrestle him anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: vhsalum and jack66
I think this is hilarious and young kids who grew up with social media /meme making / photo shopping don’t care at all

Reactions: NittanyChris
A few things:
1). I am with Brock, no matter how much that train wreck of a human deserves this, it's classess. Carter could have called him out with a challenge, without the real 'trash' in trash talking.
4). "Pedophile"? The list of offenses is so long I can't remember them all, but was there an under 16 instance in there? If not Carter just might get a call from one of those horny lawyers. I hope not.
5). Don't get too excited, if AJ accepts, which is unlikely, I bet he shows up and doesn't make weight, and then puts it on Carter to wrestle him anyway.

I agree with your #5 above. If Ferrari does accept the challenge, I too believe he'll fail to make weight and that Starocci will go ahead and wrestle him anyway. Not sure that it would make much difference, but assuming Ferrari is WAY overweight (which wouldn't surprise me even a tiny bit), it's hardly fair for a guy who probably walks around at 185 or 190 (Starocci) to wrestle a guy who might be walking around at 220.

(And for the record, I'm one of those who's not a fan of the "look" of Starocci's challenge, but he is who he is and this isn't the end of the world for PSU wrestling).

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
A few things:
1). I am with Brock, no matter how much that train wreck of a human deserves this, it's classess. Carter could have called him out with a challenge, without the real 'trash' in trash talking.
Two things can be true at once:
1. Carter's post was funny as hell.
2. Carter's post was over the top and off brand (PSU's brand, not Carter's).

I am old school but open to this whole social media thing but this seems over the top. So Carter posted this all over for everyone to see. I guess what I don’t like is young kids might look up to him for his wrestling. That post is definitely off brand for the PSU way in my opinion. I guess funny if we were all at the bar or at hunting camp with our buds. I am surprised Cael allows this honestly.
If there are parents who allow their young kids to have twitter or Instagram accounts then those kids have seen far, far worse than this and the problem is the parents. Whether Carter should be a better role model is another question, but this is pretty mild to a lot of trash that's out there.

Not true- PSU prides themselves off of not acting this way. Posting a simple come back is fine but there are things he went over the top with. Then half the PSU fans are saying how cool it is blows my mind. Yes he is a four time ncaa champion and with that comes the fact kids look up to him. How was his post funny or a good look for PSU is beyond me. If he is getting paid all that money to return he should act in a professional manner. He is lucky his money is coming from donors and not from a company he is repping. Nike would get rid of him in heart beat for something like this.
Ya know…I used to feel the same way about PSU…we stood for something…we were above the fray. That all ended when the gutless university BOD decided to throw JVP under the bus.

And now that the Grand Experiment no longer exists and college sports is all about the highest bidder, I say SCREW IT…You go Carter! Get all of the clicks and cash you can…and slap that narcissistic turd back to the Jersey shore.

I agree with your #5 above. If Ferrari does accept the challenge, I too believe he'll fail to make weight and that Starocci will go ahead and wrestle him anyway. Not sure that it would make much difference, but assuming Ferrari is WAY overweight (which wouldn't surprise me even a tiny bit), it's hardly fair for a guy who probably walks around at 185 or 190 (Starocci) to wrestle a guy who might be walking around at 220.

(And for the record, I'm one of those who's not a fan of the "look" of Starocci's challenge, but he is who he is and this isn't the end of the world for PSU wrestling).
Brooks should be waiting in the wings, Carter says ya want to show up as a fatty wrestle this dude who's at your weight..

If there are parents who allow their young kids to have twitter or Instagram accounts then those kids have seen far, far worse than this and the problem is the parents. Whether Carter should be a better role model is another question, but this is pretty mild to a lot of trash that's out there.
Do you have any links to the so called trash??

"1) The NWCA is going to read Carter’s tweet and say “yeah, let’s do this! We’re gonna implement a catch weight at 190 lbs for all star match for a $300,000 wager, we’re totally in!”…

2) Ferrari will make or even try to make 190 lbs (he hasn’t since high school).

3) Carter was actually genuine in this, rather than just trolling to defend his honor- in response to being trolled."

AND...

People forgot a few months ago when it looked like Starocci was actually going to go 197, AJ was uncharacteristically humble and classy on FRL. He said he would take himself obviously but Carter is one of the greatest ever and he would be honored to wrestle him. Less talk when it seemed you would actually have to wrestle him. Few months pass and he issues a warning to Carter to stay out of 197 when everyone and their mom knew he wasn't going there anyways (AJ issued the first "empty callout")

Did anyone really think Carter was going to stay quiet and let people think he didn't go 197 because of AJ? Could I (and to be honest, the Penn State coaches) have done without it? Like many things Carter does, absolutely but I don't think anyone expected Carter to just take that. He was going to issue an empty call out back and take it up 10 notches.

"1) The NWCA is going to read Carter’s tweet and say “yeah, let’s do this! We’re gonna implement a catch weight at 190 lbs for all star match for a $300,000 wager, we’re totally in!”…

2) Ferrari will make or even try to make 190 lbs (he hasn’t since high school).

3) Carter was actually genuine in this, rather than just trolling to defend his honor- in response to being trolled."

AND...
FWIW, the post is still up in all its glory on Instagram AND Cael (his actual account, AFAIK) "liked" it.

Old-school me wouldn’t give the creep any bandwidth. Would’ve preferred this dismissal from Carter:

Sorry, slow pitch. Love to embarrass you at the All-Star classic, only you’re not a star. Just an also-ran who once won a title kneeling and fleeing. Almost clever how you ducked AB, flipping off your own fans so they’d show you the door before Aaron could ragdoll you. Less clever waiting to know I’m at 184 before bellowing your oh-please-please-look-at-me bluff.
Poor child. So irrelevant. Reduced to begging for attention you no longer get by harassing women, recklessly endangering lives, or dressing in diapers to lift foam weights. Nah, I won’t bother sharing a spotlight better athletes deserve. You go concentrate on winning your wrestle-off at mighty CSB. I’ll work on my 5th NCAA title and the Lions 4th straight team title (12th of the last 14).

Carter All-Starocci

A few things here. I guess this confirms Carter is going 84 this year which is what I believe was the plan since he confirmed his return. Carter will transition nicely to MMA and has already achieved pro level smack talk. I don't believe AJ could make 190 and still be competitive against Carter.
This just in, Carter making more money than us this year and in the future as well.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel

If he's a student (and maybe not presently enrolled), not a subject. This summer I took an CPA CPE on NIL and the one thing that came through is that it's not supposed to be thinly veiled pay for play; i.e. there is no employer-employee relationship.

Was it the classiest thing? No. But this was assault that occurred on campus. It certainly brought the University into widespread disrepute.

I'm not sure what you think should be the response here, but if you are suggesting it requires some sort of university discipline, then we certainly should have had some action taken after the actions of the pencil-necked geek expectorator.

If he's a student (and maybe not presently enrolled), not a subject. This summer I took an CPA CPE on NIL and the one thing that came through is that it's not supposed to be thinly veiled pay for play; i.e. there is no employer-employee relationship.

Was it the classiest thing? No. But this was assault that occurred on campus. It certainly brought the University into widespread disrepute.

I'm not sure what you think should be the response here, but if you are suggesting it requires some sort of university discipline, then we certainly should have had some action taken after the actions of the pencil-necked geek expectorator.

80s/90s - no wrestlers made any money so they retired at 26.
2020s - they figure out many different revenue models (MMA, WWE, club ownership, social/internet companies) and we hammer them for it.

This is a blood sport sister to MMA and WWE. There are going to be carry over and crossed lines. You don't think he has Bo as someone to look up to? He's just elevating his name and trying to capture some money. Let it go everyone.

For the record, I don’t mind Carter talking smack like he is. Was it overboard? Yes. But, creating talking points like this helps bring eyeballs to the sport. When Conner McGregor was running his mouth about anyone and everyone the UFC viewership exploded. Carter and Mr. Underage going back and forth, to me, isn’t much different

So now he’s saying he won’t make 190 and hasn’t since HS, but will make 190 if they fought MMA? Apparently the hair gel is seeping into his brain
as much as AJ is a complete idiot I do believe he could only make 190 for MMA as the weight cutting procedure for MMA where they weigh in a day early is way different than wrestling where they only have a few hours

Reactions: hlstone

So now he’s saying he won’t make 190 and hasn’t since HS, but will make 190 if they fought MMA? Apparently the hair gel is seeping into his brain
This was the Dollar General Store of trash talk. So weak. If you felt compelled to reply but had nothing left to say, it would look like this.

Carter truly eviscerated him.

I just hope psu doesn’t punish carter some way bc of his photo he posted (I don’t care, but the school might )

I just hope psu doesn’t punish carter some way bc of his photo he posted (I don’t care, but the school might )
If Cael doesn't push the issue, I highly doubt the school will. I'm sure Cael and Pat (AD) have had a sit down and come up with something internally that doesn't affect his season. If it even went that far.

Hell, the football team has had several way worse incidents the last couple weeks alone.

as much as AJ is a complete idiot I do believe he could only make 190 for MMA as the weight cutting procedure for MMA where they weigh in a day early is way different than wrestling where they only have a few hours
I don't think all-star classic adheres to normal weigh in rules but I could be wrong.

He struggles to not look at himself in the mirror.
His love affair with himself makes Kelce and Taylor Swift look like a one nighter
I wonder if one day in the distant future, Ferrari will look back on his social media videos and realize how douchy he was.

Yeah it is an exhibition, if these two are serious about making it happen just have AJ make 197 day of, Carter weighs whatever he wants and let them get after it
Honestly guys for all of Carter's bombast, this wasn't a serious challenge in the first place. Come on, 190 was a non player from the get go, likewise the $300k. So, this makes the intent even more questionable and I'll advised.

If Carter were serious he simply should have said I'll see you at the classic at 197, and left it at that, and let his wrestling or AJs silence do the talking.

I thought the whole thing was tasteless, and this is not the kind of talk or message Cael teaches or approves. I am 100% confident Cael gave him a talking to and that's why the post/picture was removed.

I get that Carter has a chip on his shoulder, is provacative and that's how he is wired, but honestly claims of pedophilia and pink dildos have no place in any posting even loosely tied to Penn State or our program.

Call me a prude, I am more than surprised that this board leaned about 90% in Carter's defense on this one.

Reactions: jayridescarbon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT