ADVERTISEMENT

Remember how far these '5 star' PA recruits can fall..

SLion

May 29, 2001
Now at a crap program, out of position with little hope of getting on field. No offense to kid but 5 star is not a sure thing.

Reactions: psu1969a
Now at a crap program, out of position with little hope of getting on field. No offense to kid but 5 star is not a sure thing.

He was a 4 star

He was a 4 star
He was a 5 star by some services but generally regarded as 2nd best safety prospect in nation which pretty much classifies you as 5 star. PSU fans were pretty crushed when he chose LSU. Point is, we don't need a 5 star WR. I think we need someone strong on routes and can catch tough balls

He was a 5 star by some services but generally regarded as 2nd best safety prospect in nation which pretty much classifies you as 5 star. PSU fans were pretty crushed when he chose LSU. Point is, we don't need a 5 star WR. I think we need someone strong on routes and can catch tough balls

We are on Rivals. He was a 4 star.
Other services give out more 5 star ratings and basically inflate player values.

Not every player works out. But more 5 stars work out than 4 stars. Etc.

 LdN

The hit rate on 5 stars in extremely high. We need elite kids. if they flop so be it but using a kid that failed as logic we don't need elite kids doesn't make any sense.

You say we need someone "strong on routes and can catch tough balls" and the best odds of someone that can do that are the portal or a 5*

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Fleming

Reactions: mhlarch
The hit rate on 5 stars in extremely high. We need elite kids. if they flop so be it but using a kid that failed as logic we don't need elite kids doesn't make any sense.

You say we need someone "strong on routes and can catch tough balls" and the best odds of someone that can do that are the portal or a 5*

What is the hit rate on landing 5*s who have 40 offers that include Alabama, Georgia, USC, ND, TAMU, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Michigan?

We are on Rivals. He was a 4 star.
Other services give out more 5 star ratings and basically inflate player values.

Not every player works out. But more 5 stars work out than 4 stars. Etc.

 LdN

Are you only using Rivals ratings from now on? Does that mean the 4* targets who psu lost and were not 4*s on rivals were not really losses?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT