ADVERTISEMENT

Remember how great it felt when PSU got an invite to the Pinstripe Bowl?

I love your upbeat and reasonable attitude... however I am from Boston and no one craves angst and hand wringing like New Englanders. I'll give you an example... the day after my beloved Red Sox won the 2018 WS I called my 80 year old Mom. I said to her "How about those Red Sox?".

Her response, verbatim, was , "That f**king Kimbal... he is horrible... almost blew game 4".

Great year for sure but next year we have to find a way to win all the games we are supposed to win and win 2 of 3 against OSU, MSU, UM.

Felt even better to cheer as we won noting the several smirking BC fans in my section thinking the game was a wrap. CJF's 'culture' speech was fantastic as well.

I also was there. Fortunately, the BC fans in my section were classy.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I love your upbeat and reasonable attitude... however I am from Boston and no one craves angst and hand wringing like New Englanders. I'll give you an example... the day after my beloved Red Sox won the 2018 WS I called my 80 year old Mom. I said to her "How about those Red Sox?".

Her response, verbatim, was , "That f**king Kimbal... he is horrible... almost blew game 4".

Great year for sure but next year we have to find a way to win all the games we are supposed to win and win 2 of 3 against OSU, MSU, UM.
The Red Sox are playing UM OSU and MSU?

Any bowl was always bette than no bowl, the Liberty vs. Tulane was tough though. The early 2000's with 3 no bowls ( i believe ) was rougher.

That 9-6 win over Tulane was something else, though. Our Salt & Pepper All-Americans, Millen and Clark, both were injured and unable to play. Yet somehow the Lion defense held pass-happy Tulane to 6 points. Then back-up TB Joel Coles throws an option pass to set up the game-winning score. I think Frank Rocco was the QB for Penn State that game ... but my memory could be toying with me again.

That 9-6 win over Tulane was something else, though. Our Salt & Pepper All-Americans, Millen and Clark, both were injured and unable to play. Yet somehow the Lion defense held pass-happy Tulane to 6 points. Then back-up TB Joel Coles throws an option pass to set up the game-winning score. I think Frank Rocco was the QB for Penn State that game ... but my memory could be toying with me again.

There was a story that,during the week leading up to the game a Penn State player got drunk and ended up in a residential neighborhood.

He got into some family’s house and fell asleep in the floor. He was awoken by the owner who was pointing s rifle st him. Luckily the owners wife called the police Once he explained he was on the Penn State team the police called the team hotel and they managed to track down Joe.

The cops brought him back to the hotel where a member of the staff was waiting for the player with his bags packed. A one way ticket back home was waiting for him at the airport.

It’s funny now.

Reactions: Option Bob

Regarding that 1979 Season:

https://www.si.com/vault/1980/03/17...his-14th-year-as-football-coach-at-penn-state

Lol, my dad was from Dorchester and had the same trait as your mom. It’s almost as if they feel guilty about the enjoyment they’re getting out of it.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Lol, my dad was from Dorchester and had the same trait as your mom. It’s almost as if they feel guilty about the enjoyment they’re getting out of it.
I went to high school in Dorchester... Boston College High School. In my family we joke that if one of us won the lottery my mother would immediately comment about how much tax we'd have to pay.

There was a story that,during the week leading up to the game a Penn State player got drunk and ended up in a residential neighborhood.

He got into some family’s house and fell asleep in the floor. He was awoken by the owner who was pointing s rifle st him. Luckily the owners wife called the police Once he explained he was on the Penn State team the police called the team hotel and they managed to track down Joe.

The cops brought him back to the hotel where a member of the staff was waiting for the player with his bags packed. A one way ticket back home was waiting for him at the airport.

It’s funny now.
Can’t remember the guy’s name but he was a backup TE, I believe.
He was lucky the man of the house wasn’t a “ shoot - first “ type.

All the coaches and players deserve huge props for getting the program back to where it is

How about the depleted rosters that went 8-4 and 7-5? Are we saying our solid roster now is 1 or 2 wins better? Just something to think about...I think we overlook what the 2012-2015 teams really accomplished

Reactions: Nittany18
Can’t remember the guy’s name but he was a backup TE, I believe.
He was lucky the man of the house wasn’t a “ shoot - first “ type.

In the article I posted, his name is Bill LeBlanc. It does say that a shot was fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT