ADVERTISEMENT

Saved 120 dollars with a few clicks

It's interesting how you talk about being blindfolded then you mention injecting bleach... an ultimate sheep/blindfolded comment.

LdN
Let's say that Trump has a 105 IQ - which he most definitely does not.

But let's say that he is that stupid.

Are we saying that we actually believe people with an IQ of 105 think that injecting bleach into the lungs of an infected person is a viable solution?

Seriously? These sheeple are ridiculous.

It's tough for me to accept any of that bullshit when I was explaining people EXACTLY why regular masks did not work, and how only N95 masks could possibly work for almost 2 years.

Nothing changed for smart people, or people who were willing to listen.

Incidentally, the injecting bleach thing never happened. Never said it.

Scott Adams says "Never happened" at 2:00
The only bullshit is coming from you. I'm talking about changing recommendations, you are talking about mask effectiveness. Do you have a reading comprehension issue.

Are you seriously using a Cartoonist and Satire novelist to support your argument? Whether you want to argue that it was a joke, he misspoke or that people should be smart enough not to inject disinfectant. It was said.

I will take Scott's advice on time management as it pertains to you and LdN on this issue.

• Haha
Reactions: LaJollaLion
I hate to get involved in this argument, but I couldn't let pass your statement about viruses. Natural immunity only goes so far. With viral mutations, the need for new vaccines is clear. Hence, annual flu shots. Most of us have had the flu, but our natural immunity wanes with time, and mutations still cause repeat infections. Many cold viruses (including coronavirus), have been around forever, yet we all get colds every year.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I was responding to the poster's question about why some folks think Fauci lied. They suggested you get very little or no immunity from having had the virus. Think apples to apples, who has better immunity against Covid. someone who got the vaccine or someone who had immunity from having Covid, All of the "limited natural immunity talk was way before Omicron". I agree that as a virus mutates BOTH natural immunity and vaccines wane. I am ceratinly not a virologist but let me pose this question. Which provides [albeit less] better immunity against Omicron, the original Alpha-Delta vaccine or having survived one of them. this not an argument against vaccines, it is a recognition that apples to apples natural immunity is better. [presuming you survive]

The only bullshit is coming from you. I'm talking about changing recommendations, you are talking about mask effectiveness. Do you have a reading comprehension issue.

Are you seriously using a Cartoonist and Satire novelist to support your argument? Whether you want to argue that it was a joke, he misspoke or that people should be smart enough not to inject disinfectant. It was said.

I will take Scott's advice on time management as it pertains to you and LdN on this issue.
Obviously, he had been told about various things being studied by various researchers. And the term ‘disinfectant’ is a very broad category. Someone probably said they were studying something that acted like a disinfectant and Trump went from there. Far less stupid than what we get daily from President ‘What am I doing here?’ ....’What do I do next Nanc?’....’uhhh, ahhhh, I don’t know’ Magoo

You are equivocating and changing the subject. Forget what Trump said or didn't say about bleach. You said why is changing your opinion on new information considered lying and gave 2 specific examples. Your examples simply do not hold water. Covid was known to be an airborne virus from the beginning and cloth masks have never been effective against an airborne virus. Fauci has gone from "no masks, to any mask, to 2 masks, and then N95 masks only. Nothing has evolved about these viruses to justify those changing positions.

Last edited:

You will have to point out where Trump said Bleach.

What, exactly, do you think penicillin does?

LdN

You are equivocating and changing the subject. Forget what Trump said or didn't say about bleach. You said why is changing your opinion on new information considered lying and gave 2 specific examples. Your examples simple do not hold water. Covid was known to an airborne virus from the beginning and cloth masks have never been effective against cloth masks. Fauci has gone from "no masks, to any mask, to 2 masks, and then N95 masks only. Nothing has evolved about these viruses to justify those changing positions.
Correct.

The only rational recommendation was N95 masks.

This thread has gone off the rails, so here goes.

Is the “vaccine” an actual vaccine or a treatment? In other words, the vaccine appears to not be effective against omicron but it may provide better outcomes as far as hospitalization and death. Maybe. Therefore it may be more accurate to call it a treatment, since it doesn’t appear to prevent infection transmission either.

Early treatment with monoclonals seemed to have great results with 19 and delta. It may not do as well with omicron. Monoclonals have very few side effects, so why haven’t we invested more heavily in that “treatment” than the vaccines? Why even bother with vaccines except with the highest risk groups?

Anybody want to argue about HCL and ivermectin? That will really bring the tribal arguments out in force.

You specifically said mask recommendations and distancing recommendations would change due to mutations.

That is simply wrong.

Does it not make sense that as the virus mutates the recommendations on masks, distancing etc would change?

You are equivocating and changing the subject. Forget what Trump said or didn't say about bleach. You said why is changing your opinion on new information considered lying and gave 2 specific examples. Your examples simple do not hold water. Covid was known to an airborne virus from the beginning and cloth masks have never been effective against cloth masks. Fauci has gone from "no masks, to any mask, to 2 masks, and then N95 masks only. Nothing has evolved about these viruses to justify those changing positions.
Thank you.

I hate when people try to deflect and weasel.

He specifically said mask and distancing recommendations might change with mutations.

He’s wrong, and won’t admit it.

You specifically said mask recommendations and distancing recommendations would change due to mutations.

That is simply wrong.
You will have to point out where Trump said Bleach.

What, exactly, do you think penicillin does?

LdN

Oh FFS! I guess I will have to ignore Scott's advice.

Go back and read my original post. I asked 2 questions. Hence the question marks ( you know this thingy ? )

I asked if the virus changed wouldn't the recommendations change. And if changing recommendations makes one a liar.

You then conflate mask effectiveness with changing recommendations and completely ignore distancing to fit your mask agenda.

I never said Trump used the word Bleach. I said disinfectant, the same word Trump used. Keep moving the goal post, listening to the advice of comedians and cartoonists, calling me liberal, weasel and liar. It just proves who the real sheeple are.

Oh FFS! I guess I will have to ignore Scott's advice.

Go back and read my original post. I asked 2 questions. Hence the question marks ( you know this thingy ? )

I asked if the virus changed wouldn't the recommendations change. And if changing recommendations makes one a liar.

You then conflate mask effectiveness with changing recommendations and completely ignore distancing to fit your mask agenda.

I never said Trump used the word Bleach. I said disinfectant, the same word Trump used. Keep moving the goal post, listening to the advice of comedians and cartoonists, calling me liberal, weasel and liar. It just proves who the real sheeple are.

Man, you are really losing this argument badly.

LdN

Macon, how can you ignore that you said:

“Does it not make sense that as the virus mutates, recommendations for masks, distancing, etc would change”

What are we missing?
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

You are missing the question mark.

I didn't say anything. I asked 2 simple questions about recommendations changing and whether or not the changing constitutes lying. I didn't take a position one way or the other. I even agreed that the NIH & CDC messaging have been a cluster only to be met with my words being twisted/changed/conflated and attacked. Masking effectiveness was never part of my question/position.

If you or others do not want to answer the question that is fine. If the answer is yes that is fine. If the answer is no that is fine.

I didn't say anything. I asked 2 simple questions about recommendations changing and whether or not the changing constitutes lying. I didn't take a position one way or the other. I even agreed that the NIH & CDC messaging have been a cluster only to be met with my words being twisted/changed/conflated and attacked. Masking effectiveness was never part of my question/position.

If you or others do not want to answer the question that is fine. If the answer is yes that is fine. If the answer is no that is fine.
OK, then the answer to the question, which everyone in Fauci's position and even Walensky (she is really stupid though) would know, is: No.

The recommendations would not change. And even Fauci would know this.

So, Fauci is lying.

All good now.

Everyone agrees - Fauci is a liar.

You cannot expect binary people to understand fluid things. You have people upset that a virus is mutating and guidelines are changing as they learn more.

You cannot expect binary people to understand fluid things. You have people upset that a virus is mutating and guidelines are changing as they learn more.
No, idiot.

The mutations did not result in a change in masking/breathing physics.

They put out that "with Omicron, cloth masks may not be effective" just for sheeple like you.

So, you could continue to believe they weren't lying to you.

But I disproved it, and now sheeple like you are upset.

No, idiot.

The mutations did not result in a change in masking/breathing physics.

They put out that "with Omicron, cloth masks may not be effective" just for sheeple like you.

So, you could continue to believe they weren't lying to you.

But I disproved it, and now sheeple like you are upset.
LOL, you're a dope and you wear it like a badge of honor daily. The fact that you think you're on to something with the mutations and masks shows how GD stupid you are. The only sheeple on this planet wear red hats and think the vaccine is a bad thing. They are clowns. The best part is you acting like you're an expert or in the lab everyday......you're not. You don't do research on any of this other than taking a $hi!t and reading Facebook or masturbating to Tucker every night.

LOL, you're a dope and you wear it like a badge of honor daily. The fact that you think you're on to something with the mutations and masks shows how GD stupid you are. The only sheeple on this planet wear red hats and think the vaccine is a bad thing. They are clowns. The best part is you acting like you're an expert or in the lab everyday......you're not. You don't do research on any of this other than taking a $hi!t and reading Facebook or masturbating to Tucker every night.
Hahahahaha.

Tell me - why would Omicron change the performance of any mask?

By what mechanism?

Hahahahaha.

Tell me - why would Omicron change the performance of any mask?

By what mechanism?
What are you babbling about.....produce your paper there Doc that you did your research on. What are you babbling about with cloth masks?

I have decent masks, but I work from home. When I do travel I follow the rules of the Airlines or the stores I visit....it's not hard at all as I'm not a pu$$y and the mask doesn't "hurt me" if it's required. Omicron is all of 6 weeks old and in you're delusional brainwashed head....you're the expert. Hurry up and get back to your lab so you can tell me more about your discoveries.

FB3CCTRVkAIpckO.jpg

Reactions: lowhandicapper
What are you babbling about.....produce your paper there Doc that you did your research on. What are you babbling about with cloth masks?

I have decent masks, but I work from home. When I do travel I follow the rules of the Airlines or the stores I visit....it's not hard at all as I'm not a pu$$y and the mask doesn't "hurt me" if it's required. Omicron is all of 6 weeks old and in you're delusional brainwashed head....you're the expert. Hurry up and get back to your lab so you can tell me more about your discoveries.

FB3CCTRVkAIpckO.jpg
We are simply waiting for you to provide (or Fauci) to provide a viable mechanism by which the mask effectiveness changes with variant.

That's it.

At least Macon had the sense to escape gracefully - you did him no favors.

We are simply waiting for you to provide (or Fauci) to provide a viable mechanism by which the mask effectiveness changes with variant.

That's it.

Sure, as soon as you quote me stating that first. I'll wait. I'll keep waiting too....and I'll keep asking your for me saying that. So please do find it. You see when you make sh!t up and get called out on it....it's really easy to make you look stupid. The fact you think you are doing some victory lap with masking only furthers my thought on how f--king brainwashed and stupid you are. Did you cancel your Direct TV yet?

Sure, as soon as you quote me stating that first. I'll wait. I'll keep waiting too....and I'll keep asking your for me saying that. So please do find it. You see when you make sh!t up and get called out on it....it's really easy to make you look stupid. The fact you think you are doing some victory lap with masking only furthers my thought on how f--king brainwashed and stupid you are. Did you cancel your Direct TV yet?
No one is saying that YOU said that, but YOU defended MaconNitt's position.

That's what the entire debate was about.

MaconNitt specifically said “Does it not make sense that as the virus mutates, recommendations for masks, distancing, etc would change?"

And you tried to help him out with "The fact that you think you're on to something with the mutations and masks shows how GD stupid you are."

But I am right. Period.

That's it.

Yes, it would be fascinating to see how a mutation on a molecular or sub molecular level requires different masks. How changing one of the proteins, or even part of a protein, in the spikes on the virus suddenly change the physical properties enough that different masks with different materials are suddenly required.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Got spotify premium a few years ago when putting together whiteout tailgate mix, and should have cancelled before. Neil Young issue got me to drop it, and find out Neil Young radio back today on Sirius XM. Now most of you may not care, or find it silly, but when I was at PSU, Rust Never Sleeps played daily at the movie theater on Beaver up from McClanahans, and it was a cool movie back in the day, and Neil Young reminds me of college days. He gave up 2/3 of his streaming income for what he believed in, and he is a cool dude in my book.

I put the savings towards a 50k family scholarship endowment at PSU Lehigh Valley. I went completely to main, but the branch campus students need even more financial help. Will eventually try to save up for an endowment at Main campus also for Schreyer's. 2250 given to a student every year, so in a hundred years it should give out 225,000 or more based on their investment prowess.

When a protest musician decides to carry water for government and corporate interests to suppress dissenting opinions from highly qualified professionals....

Yes, fascism is very cool indeed. Enjoy your $120

At what point does putting out false and misleading (bad information) stop? Howard Stern saying titties 25 years ago is a bit different than Joe telling people the vaccine gives kids a better chance of getting myocarditis than the actual disease itself. Not only was it completely false, he was talking as if he's some type of SME on the matter. Joe needs to be more responsible for his own lack of knowledge. I'm with you as Spotify has every right to keep him, that is their investment and his show is entertaining. Even more so when he has his comedy circle on, 3 hours of greatness usually. I also don't mind people calling him out for putting out nonsense as they should. It's clear as day people in this country will listen to YouTube, Spotify podcasts, Q, various social media sites, but listening to their own Doctor's advice is apparently to hard to do or taboo.

If people go to him for medical advice then then should go to him when their hearts fail or they get cancer....see how that works out for them. His A$$ ran right to Doctors and was taking anything they could throw his way, he didn't depend on his immune system alone when it hit him. Kind of funny how that works out. I'll still listen to him depending on the guest or topic, but I know he's no medical expert. Most sane people get that.
LaJolla, I agree with some of your thoughts, and others, not so much. There are many good doctors who do not agree on the whole covid vaccine/no vaccine discussion. I just returned from a funeral in Massachusetts for my 55 year old nephew. Healthy, had all vaccines and boosters, always wore his mask, and is dead. Try getting someone to tell his family about the experts view on protection. There has been so many political arguments on this, depending on political views. I think the public just wants honesty with no leanings!!!! Someone just stop with the crap! I have heard enough of the bats in the wet markets (why would anyone eat bats), gain of function research (why would anyone in their right mind ever get involved with that?) etc. I guess this is all part of our evolutionary process. We're getting smarter, more caring, I don't really want to trust anyone!

That's it.

....so I got bored and left them there
they were just dead weight to me
better down the road without that load

FB3CCTRVkAIpckO.jpg

If "false and misleading" information was the standard for being silenced, the CDC, the Whitehouse, Corporate media and BigTech would not be allow to speak. It's pretty amazing...most of the stuff social media banned people for over the last year is now the stated position of the CDC.

It has always been patently absurd, and illogical, that cloth masks would provide meaningful protection from a microscopic organism. Does it do something in passing? Likely. Does it do much in an indoor environment over the course of hours? That defies logic.
From the mouth of Fauci..
NO MASKS
then CLOTH MASKS
then TWO MASKS
Now, cloth masks are worthless
...at what point does Fauci get labels as a spreader of "misinformation" because everyone that said cloths masks were worthless for the last 18 mos has been?

Then you see emails from Fauci colluding to "destroy" qualified scientists from Harvard, Stanford, and Cambridge that disagree with him.
At what point, LaJolla, will you come around to the fact that the most generous analysis of the CDC is that they have no real idea, and to suggest that anything contrary to their guidance du jour, cannot be reasonably called "misinformation?"

Everything going on with COVID is distinctly unscientific. This is not an opinion. It's the very definition of accepting scientific practice. Never before have we seen qualified Docs being called heretics for their analysis of a novel pharmaceutical for a novel virus. Never before have we seen the restricting of off-label trials of safe medicines as therapeutics. Never before have we seen a single, unproven approach(vaccination) be prioritized at the expense of every other single possibility. I'll repeat. It is all distinctly, unscientific.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
LaJolla, I agree with some of your thoughts, and others, not so much. There are many good doctors who do not agree on the whole covid vaccine/no vaccine discussion. I just returned from a funeral in Massachusetts for my 55 year old nephew. Healthy, had all vaccines and boosters, always wore his mask, and is dead. Try getting someone to tell his family about the experts view on protection. There has been so many political arguments on this, depending on political views. I think the public just wants honesty with no leanings!!!! Someone just stop with the crap! I have heard enough of the bats in the wet markets (why would anyone eat bats), gain of function research (why would anyone in their right mind ever get involved with that?) etc. I guess this is all part of our evolutionary process. We're getting smarter, more caring, I don't really want to trust anyone!
Waltman,

Appreciate the thoughts and post, sorry for your loss, but 96% of the MD's in this country are vaccinated. RN's are about 90% now. It sucks that people are dying during this pandemic, but try getting someone from the ICU on the frontlines who has to deal with the spikes where these rooms get full due mostly to unvaccinated people. Tell that to those people who have to work in the ICU 10-15 days in a row as co-workers tested positive and they are the only healthy ones left there to help these sick people. Again, it sucks you had to suffer this loss, but it's not really up for debate as to whom is filling up the ICU's and hospitals when it comes to unvaccinated versus vaccinated. Are there outliers...certainly there are, but some of us knew this was a pandemic and tried to look out for others. Other people simply wanted to downplay it or obstruct what the real medical community was saying. So I don't really feel for them as they want to play facebook doctor and then run to the hospital afterwards.

If "false and misleading" information was the standard for being silenced, the CDC, the Whitehouse, Corporate media and BigTech would not be allow to speak. It's pretty amazing...most of the stuff social media banned people for over the last year is now the stated position of the CDC.

It has always been patently absurd, and illogical, that cloth masks would provide meaningful protection from a microscopic organism. Does it do something in passing? Likely. Does it do much in an indoor environment over the course of hours? That defies logic.
From the mouth of Fauci..
NO MASKS
then CLOTH MASKS
then TWO MASKS
Now, cloth masks are worthless
...at what point does Fauci get labels as a spreader of "misinformation" because everyone that said cloths masks were worthless for the last 18 mos has been?

Then you see emails from Fauci colluding to "destroy" qualified scientists from Harvard, Stanford, and Cambridge that disagree with him.
At what point, LaJolla, will you come around to the fact that the most generous analysis of the CDC is that they have no real idea, and to suggest that anything contrary to their guidance du jour, cannot be reasonably called "misinformation?"

Everything going on with COVID is distinctly unscientific. This is not an opinion. It's the very definition of accepting scientific practice. Never before have we seen qualified Docs being called heretics for their analysis of a novel pharmaceutical for a novel virus. Never before have we seen the restricting of off-label trials of safe medicines as therapeutics. Never before have we seen a single, unproven approach(vaccination) be prioritized at the expense of every other single possibility. I'll repeat. It is all distinctly, unscientific.

Oh the masking thing really confuses you as it changes. Sorry for that....what a hard way to live. Sorry man....the fake outrage over masks at this point is just pointless. Your Foxnews obsession with Fauci and masks wreaks. Go get him, I don't give 2 sh!ts about him. It's not hard to ask your own Doctor for advice, but then you couldn't cry your fake outrage over Fauci. You can keep repeating whatever you want to.....just tell me again what you do for a living?

Pssst, this was about Joe Rogan, but you dingbats are now hung up masks like your world ended due to having to put on a mask. Wear a gas mask for an hour and sit in a cargo container, workout with them, while you get tear gassed....then come cry to me about wearing a mask. What a bunch of pu$$ies you are. If a store requires them, fight the store and make a scene. Do it on the airlines too, just cry about how hard it is and the tyranny of it all. Most of us are numb to the senseless crybabies already.

Last edited:
Readers of this thread knew over a year ago that only N95 masks would have any effectiveness.

CDC/Media followers only found out a few weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT