ADVERTISEMENT

Scalping laws in State College?

elbayl

Sep 23, 2002
I have an extra ticket for Bruce Springsteen at Bryce Jordan on Monday April 18. If I don't sell it on Pittsburgh Craiglist beforehand I will try to sell it outside BJC or somewhere in State College on Monday.

Is it legal to resell tickets near the BJC or do you have to be a certain distance from the venue?

Don't deal with Craigslist. Put them
On stub hub and your work will be done. No meeting people or taking email from scammers.

Good idea. But it is a hard ticket (not PDF) I will check Stub Hub to see if I can list it there

I have an extra ticket for Bruce Springsteen at Bryce Jordan on Monday April 18. If I don't sell it on Pittsburgh Craiglist beforehand I will try to sell it outside BJC or somewhere in State College on Monday.

Is it legal to resell tickets near the BJC or do you have to be a certain distance from the venue?
The scalping laws in State College are brutal

If you try to sell within 5 miles of the BJC, it is likely that not only will the local constables confiscate your ticket - but you will also likely spend the evening in the Centre County Prison - with Mark Dambly - rather than at the BJC with The Boss

Your best move is to sell me the ticket for $40 (or donate it - just to be ultra safe). I will make sure the ducat is put to good use

:)

Reactions: EAZ40 and Zenophile
You can sell them outside the BJC.

No, you can't, legally. You need to be 1000 feet away, at least over by Pegula. It says this right on the tickets and you will be nailed if you have your ticket in the air like it is a football game.

Forget selling the ticket. Sell a pencil and include a free ticket.

That has never been a work around. $5 over face or 25% over face, whichever is greater is the highest amount you can legally charge in person. Online, you can get market value. No restriction on price because buyer has protections online. It's been this way for about 6 years.

No, you can't, legally. You need to be 1000 feet away, at least over by Pegula. It says this right on the tickets and you will be nailed if you have your ticket in the air like it is a football game.

That has never been a work around. $5 over face or 25% over face, whichever is greater is the highest amount you can legally charge in person. Online, you can get market value. No restriction on price because buyer has protections online. It's been this way for about 6 years.
I see people standing along the sidewalks leading up to the BJC selling tickets all the time and no one bothers them. Same at Pegula. People standing right at the entrances selling tickets all the time.

The scalping laws in State College are brutal

If you try to sell within 5 miles of the BJC, it is likely that not only will the local constables confiscate your ticket - but you will also likely spend the evening in the Centre County Prison - with Mark Dambly - rather than at the BJC with The Boss

Your best move is to sell me the ticket for $40 (or donate it - just to be ultra safe). I will make sure the ducat is put to good use

:)
@StinkStankStunk gives directions to the expressway ;-)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT