ADVERTISEMENT

Shilo Sanders files for bankruptcy

It will be interesting to see how CU does this year. Can Shilo walk away from this award via bankruptcy?

He had a judgment entered against him because he didn’t show up and now claims he never got notice of the hearing. You just can’t make this you know what up folks.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
He had a judgment entered against him because he didn’t show up and now claims he never got notice of the hearing. You just can’t make this you know what up folks.
This relates to a case years ago when he was in high school/prep school. Been spending freely since the case and now suddenly bankrupt. Read he has endorsements, question can they be attached and then enjoined if withheld? What does Prime have to say about this, any suspension?

For someone who’s allegedly bankrupt, he likes showing flashy watches before games and helped to buy his father (with his 2 brothers) an expensive house in Boulder as a gift recently.

We all understand filing for bankruptcy doesn’t mean he's broke, right?

Tons of Americans do it to clear debt. They shouldn't but...

We all understand filing for bankruptcy doesn’t mean he's broke, right?

Tons of Americans do it to clear debt. They shouldn't but...
Some of the negative consequences of bankruptcy:
  • Not all debts may be discharged.
  • Non-exempt assets could be sold with the proceeds used to pay debt.
  • Those who own luxury possessions probably will lose them.
  • Bankruptcy remains on a credit report for 7-10 years and may affect the filer’s ability to borrow in the future.
  • Your credit score will plummet 100-200 points.

The Sanders family is full of as much shit or more, if possible, thank the Kardashians. I don't give a F about either of them.

• Haha
Reactions: JimNazium
It will be interesting to see how CU does this year. Can Shilo walk away from this award via bankruptcy?

The incident occurred in 2015 when Sanders was 15 yrs old.

The trial wasn't until 2022 when Sanders was 22 yrs old?

And now Sanders wants bankruptcy relief when he's 24 yrs old and is receiving more than a $million in NIL money.

What's wrong with this picture?
  1. 7 years until the trial?
  2. Wouldn't he be required to turn over most of the NIL money he's received during the past 2 years before bankruptcy?
Of course I don't know the full story but it seems to me the $12 million judgement was excessive but in a perfect world he would be forced to give up a lot of his NIL money and future earnings as an early round NFL pick.

Last edited:
This kid has reported $400k+/- income the last 2 years. Talk about the perks of being Deion's kid. If his last name was Williams and his dad not an ex-NFL star, he'd be lucky to playing.

When I originally read the thread, I thought this was about the QB son.

The incident occurred in 2015 when Sanders was 15 yrs old.

The trial wasn't until 2022 when Sanders was 22 yrs old?

And now Sanders wants bankruptcy relief when he's 24 yrs old and is receiving more than a $million in NIL money.

What's wrong with this picture?
  1. 7 years until the trial?
  2. Wouldn't he be required to turn over most of the NIL money he's received during the past 2 years before bankruptcy?
Of course I don't know the full story but it seems to me the $12 million judgement was excessive but in a perfect world he would be forced to give up a lot of his NIL money and future earnings as an early round NFL pick.

Why is that the "perfect world" scenario?
People hate Prime so much they're being ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
This kid has reported $400k+/- income the last 2 years. Talk about the perks of being Deion's kid. If his last name was Williams and his dad not an ex-NFL star, he'd be lucky to playing.

When I originally read the thread, I thought this was about the QB son.
According to On3, Sanders' NIL valuation is $1.1 million, one of the highest for any collegiate athlete.

Sanders has some of the top NIL deals that a college athlete can have, including deals with Google, EA Sports, and many other massive companies.

According to On3, Sanders' NIL valuation is $1.1 million, one of the highest for any collegiate athlete.

Sanders has some of the top NIL deals that a college athlete can have, including deals with Google, EA Sports, and many other massive companies.
Same thing with a certain guy's last name being Manning
Livvy Dunne is probably making 3-4 times that for being hot

Why is that the "perfect world" scenario?
People hate Prime so much they're being ridiculous
I don't think so.

Shilo Sanders filed for bankruptcy following a $12 million judgment against him by John Darjean, a security guard who claims he was assaulted by the then-high school student in 2015. Sanders was just 15 years old and a student at Triple A Academy in Dallas.

Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/article288750325.html#storylink=cpy

• Wow
Reactions: Lesgo_Brandon
I don't think so.

Shilo Sanders filed for bankruptcy following a $12 million judgment against him by John Darjean, a security guard who claims he was assaulted by the then-high school student in 2015. Sanders was just 15 years old and a student at Triple A Academy in Dallas.

Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/article288750325.html#storylink=cpy
Yeah, a 14 or 15 year old "assaulted" the guard. This wasn't an attempted cash grab by him at all because he's Prime's son.

Again, the settlement was absurd and any good lawyer will tell him to file bankruptcy as he should. The guard shouldn't see a penny of this honestly.

• Haha

I'm not disputing what he has. I'm just of the belief that he won't get drafted. The Primetime brand is strong. No doubt about that.

I don't think so.

I don't know that we can assume that because he was 15 that he did not in fact assault the guard. There are countless assault crimes by teenagers on adults and those in authority positions. It happens almost daily in this country now.

I don't know that we can assume that because he was 15 that he did not in fact assault the guard. There are countless assault crimes by teenagers on adults and those in authority positions. It happens almost daily in this country now.
If it was a true assaultother things would have happened. This is an attempted cash grab like many cases.

• Haha
I have no idea if he's guilty or how bad the assault was. I just don't understand why it took so long to go to trial and why he didn't show up. I also don't understand why a a lot of the judgement hasn't already been paid given Shiloh's NIL deals.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Yeah, a 14 or 15 year old "assaulted" the guard. This wasn't an attempted cash grab by him at all because he's Prime's son.

Again, the settlement was absurd and any good lawyer will tell him to file bankruptcy as he should. The guard shouldn't see a penny of this honestly.
Once again you succeed in out doing your stupidity. If in fact this was a cash grab, then Sanders should have shown up for the hearing in 2022 and defended himself. His lawyer’s claim that he didn’t get notice of the hearing is beyond comical. If there was any merit to that claim, he should have appealed and raised that issue as soon as he got notice of the judgment. Not a bankruptcy lawyer but I would guess the plaintiff will get a percentage of the judgment and he should get every damn penny for the reasons I pointed out at the beginning of this post. Better yet if the judgment is based on intentional conduct, it may not be dischargeable

Once again you succeed in out doing your stupidity. If in fact this was a cash grab, then Sanders should have shown up for the hearing in 2022 and defended himself. His lawyer’s claim that he didn’t get notice of the hearing is beyond comical. If there was any merit to that claim, he should have appealed and raised that issue as soon as he got notice of the judgment. Not a bankruptcy lawyer but I would guess the plaintiff will get a percentage of the judgment and he should get every damn penny for the reasons I pointed out at the beginning of this post. Better yet if the judgment is based on intentional conduct, it may not be dischargeable
lol--was this a serious response?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT