ADVERTISEMENT

Signature win

Isn't it time for another signature win over a B1G team. The Auburn wins were great but they need to beat OSU or UM on the road to be considered a serious contender.
I'll take a win here. The problem though is that even Alabama or Georgia would likely not survive @ 6-0 Michigan, 5-1 Minnesota, and then 6-0 Ohio St. I don't think any team in the country comes out of that without a loss. Very hard to play your best game for a month straight and no let downs.

Reactions: jimarnp and blmr31
I'll take a win here. The problem though is that even Alabama or Georgia would likely not survive @ 6-0 Michigan, 5-1 Minnesota, and then 6-0 Ohio St. I don't think any team in the country comes out of that without a loss. Very hard to play your best game for a month straight and no let downs.
Agreed.

Isn't it time for another signature win over a B1G team. The Auburn wins were great but they need to beat OSU or UM on the road to be considered a serious contender.

Easier said than done when the games are officiated by b1g cheating crews looking to protect scUM and duhO$U. PSU has played 12 of it's last 13, and 7 consecutive, b1g conference play openers on the road. Do tell the last time the Conference Front-Office has pulled that kind of bullshit on scUM or duhO$U??? This year, scUM didn't even play outside the b1g outhouse until their 5th game and duhO$U didn't play on the road until their 6th game -- PSU played it's first game of the season, and 2 of their first 4, on the road against P5 opponents. This $hit doesn't happen by accident which is precisely why the new PSU AD called out the homer-ten for their unprofessional, hack bullshit.

It is time, 6 years since the last one. 2016 seems like ancient history.

Gee, when's the last time scUM beat duhO$U at The Shoe? Hey asshat, scUM hasn't beat duhO$U @TheShoe in over 20 years (2000 season). Since 2001, scUM is 3-17 versus duhO$U -- 0-9 @TheShoe and 3-8 @BigOuthouse. LMAO, let's talk about signature road wins.

BTW Blowhard, scUM's Bowl Record over this span (2000 to present) is 5-13! Signature wins indeed.... LMAO.

Last edited:
Gee, when's the last time scUM beat duhO$U at The Shoe? Hey asshat, scUM hasn't beat duhO$U in over 20 years (2000 season). Since 2001, scUM is 3-17 versus duhO$U -- 0-9 @TheShoe and 3-8 @BigOuthouse. LMAO, let's talk about signature road wins.
Not sure they are signature but when the team was at 0-5 in 2020 they won at UM, in 2018 they won at Pit who happened to make it to the ACC championship. in 2021 they won at #15 Wisconsin to open the season. PLus two 1 point losses at the shoe since 2016

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Not sure they are signature but when the team was at 0-5 in 2020 they won at UM, in 2018 they won at Pit who happened to make it to the ACC championship. in 2021 they won at #15 Wisconsin to open the season. PLus two 1 point losses at the shoe since 2016
You people need to decide if 2020 was a real season or not, can't have it both ways. If you are going to count it as a win then it certainly was not signature, UM finished at 2-4. Don't even try to tell me that a 9-3 Wisky was a signature win - it was a good win but not a signature one.

You people need to decide if 2020 was a real season or not, can't have it both ways. If you are going to count it as a win then it certainly was not signature, UM finished at 2-4. Don't even try to tell me that a 9-3 Wisky was a signature win - it was a good win but not a signature one.
lol

Again, when's the last time scUM beat duhO$U @TheShoe? Hey asshat, scUM hasn't beat duhO$U @TheShoe in over 20 years (2000 season). Since 2001, scUM is 3-17 versus duhO$U -- 0-9 @TheShoe and 3-8 @BigOuthouse. LMAO, let's talk about signature road wins.

BTW Blowhard, scUM's Bowl Record over this span (2000 to present) is 5-13! Signature wins indeed.... LMAO.

scUM is 5-13 in bowls in the 21st Century Blowhard - let's talk about "Signature Wins". Why does scUM's record suck so bad when playing without their safety-blanket Referines? LMAO

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
Iowa in 2017 and 2019.
If you consider a victory over an unranked 8/5 (4/5 BIG) Iowa as a signature win then we will just have to agree to disagree. A stronger argument could be made for 2019 but that one would be borderline at best.

I guess it really comes down to what you consider a "signature" win.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
If you consider a victory over an unranked 8/5 (4/5 BIG) Iowa as a signature win then we will just have to agree to disagree. A stronger argument could be made for 2019 but that one would be borderline at best.

Could you list all scUM's "signature wins" the last 20 years? Could you also explain scUM's 5-13 Bowl Record so far in the 21st Century? Why does scUM's record suck so bad when they don't have their safety-blanket Referines officiating the game? LMAO

• Love
Three "signature wins" (depending on how you define that nebulous term) from last season: Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa.

Again, when's the last time scUM beat duhO$U @TheShoe? Hey asshat, scUM hasn't beat duhO$U @TheShoe in over 20 years (2000 season). Since 2001, scUM is 3-17 versus duhO$U -- 0-9 @TheShoe and 3-8 @BigOuthouse. LMAO, let's talk about signature road wins.

scUM is 5-13 in bowls in the 21st Century Blowhard - let's talk about "Signature Wins". Why does scUM's record suck so bad when playing without their safety-blanket Referines? LMAO
It will be 24 after they lose again this year and need to wait until 2024 for the next try.
Michigan fans crack me up. They have been very pedestrian and no real threat to Ohio State for years then they put all the pieces together in one season now they pontificate like they own the league. You may very well beat us Saturday but get ready to be put back in your place come your date in Columbus. And I'll add this PSU squad is playing with a chip on their shoulder which makes them dangerous if you over look them.

Three "signature wins" (depending on how you define that nebulous term) from last season: Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa.

So amusing.... so let me get this straight, PSU beating Wisconsin @Wisco last year doesn't count as a signature win, but scUM beating them at the big outhouse does??? Beyond that both Iowa and Wisconsin were 4-loss teams last year. As for duhO$U, you played them at the big outhouse and it's the first time scUM beat them since 2011 and only the 3rd time scUM beat them in the last two decades (scUM's record is 3-17 against duhO$U the last 20 years).

Could you list all scUM's "Signature Road Wins" since that's what we're talking about regarding PSU? scUM is 0-9 @TheShoe over the last two decades. While you're at it, could you explain scUM's 5-13 record in Bowl Games since we've entered the 21st Century?

I guess I've been too harsh with what I consider a signature win. Franklin has 44 BIG wins total. Given his mediocre HC abilities and the fierce level of competition in the BIG, all of those should be considered signature.

So amusing.... so let me get this straight, PSU beating Wisconsin @Wisco last year doesn't count as a signature win, but scUM beating them at the big outhouse does??? Beyond that both Iowa and Wisconsin were 4-loss teams last year. As for duhO$U, you played them at the big outhouse and it's the first time scUM beat them since 2011 and only the 3rd time scUM beat them in the last two decades (scUM's record is 3-17 against duhO$U the last 20 years).

Could you list all scUM's "Signature Road Wins" since that's what we're talking about regarding PSU? scUM is 0-9 @TheShoe over the last two decades. While you're at it, could you explain scUM's 5-13 record in Bowl Games since we've entered the 21st Century?

Easy, easy there, Nutsy. I never stated Penn St beating Wisconsin wasn't a signature win. And Michigan played Wisconsin in Madison last year.

We have beaten Penn St on the road. And ND on the road. And Florida in Florida (not a true road game, but 1500 miles from home).

Easy, easy there, Nutsy. I never stated Penn St beating Wisconsin wasn't a signature win. And Michigan played Wisconsin in Madison last year.

We have beaten Penn St on the road. And ND on the road. And Florida in Florida (not a true road game, but 1500 miles from home).

Too funny - could you explain how come scUM is 0-5 in their last 5 Bowl Games, 2-8 in their last 10 Bowl Games and 3-12 in their last 15 Bowl Games??? Your awesome scUM team doesn't seem to fair so well when playing without their safety-blanket Referines officiating. LMAO!

• Love
Too funny - could you explain how come scUM is 0-5 in their last 5 Bowl Games, 2-8 in their last 10 Bowl Games and 3-12 in their last 15 Bowl Games??? Your awesome scUM team doesn't seem to fair so well when playing without their safety-blanket Referines officiating. LMAO!

Yup, haven't done well in bowls recently.

Another thing (not beating ranked team on the road, not beating OSU, not getting to Indy, not winning a conference championship, not getting to the playoff) Harbaugh needs to turn around. Of course, it is easier to win a bowl game when you are matched up with Arkansas than when facing eventual NC Georgia.

Another thing (not beating ranked team on the road, not beating OSU, not getting to Indy, not winning a conference championship, not getting to the playoff) Harbaugh needs to turn around. Of course, it is easier to win a bowl game when you are matched up with Arkansas than when facing eventual NC Georgia.

Oh, scUM played the eventual NC in each of their last 15 Bowl Games and that's why they've gone 3-12 in their last 15 Bowl Games? Interesting rationalization that I do not believe is true LMAO.

Oh, scUM played the eventual NC in each of their last 15 Bowl Games and that's why they've gone 3-12 in their last 15 Bowl Games? Interesting rationalization that I do not believe is true LMAO.

BTW, could you explain why scUM's record is so dreadful in games officiated by non-Referines such as scUM's 3-12 Bowl Record in their last 15 Bowl Games???

• Love
This team hasn’t played a good game since Auburn game is this a sign we are not getting any better?

BTW, could you explain why scUM's record is so dreadful in games officiated by non-Referines such as scUM's 3-12 Bowl Record in their last 15 Bowl Games???

Simple answer: because we have underperformed recently in bowl games.

I know you see conspiracies EVERYWHERE. But that isn't how real life works.

ROQA4FNBCJDCBPIJI5QI7AK7MI.jpg

Thankfully we don’t play all three at once. you eat a whale one bite at a time.

Absolutely, this is a big game for the program and a big game for Franklin going forward.

Reactions: bison13

Iowa was #15 when we played them in 2019. Good signature win on the road.

Maybe not signature, but beating a good Iowa team at night in Kinnick is definitely not easy. What happened the last time Michigan went in there with a highly ranked team for a night game?

Who is expecting this team to survive at 3-0? I'd be thrilled with a 2-1 mark. But, PSU will have to beat O$U no matter what happens tomorrow to get to the championship. That's the key game for both schools. this is just a preliminary match...semifinals if you will.

You don't even need a letdown or bad game to lose. Just one bad break or big play or turnover or missed field goal could lead to a loss. Hard to play 3 mistake free or bad break free games in a row unless the football gods are all aligned.

You don't even need a letdown or bad game to lose. Just one bad break or big play or turnover or missed field goal could lead to a loss. Hard to play 3 mistake free or bad break free games in a row unless the football gods are all aligned.
Unless you just have superior talent levels. Bama, UGA and OSU are probably the only 3 that have that ability though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT