ADVERTISEMENT

Some outfit called hooch.net listed the worst college coaches of all time

In fairness to those guys, it should have been titled "worst head coaching hires of all time".

I saw Hawkins and that was it. I hate those "give us many clicks" articles.

I cannot agree with Zook at Illinois being on the list. He took Illinois to a Rose Bowl which is like taking PSU basketball to the national championship game.

Did you mean EVERY Cal head football coach? :rolleyes:
Excluding Andy Smith (won a few NC's in the 1920's), Pappy Waldorf (was successful in the early to mid 1950's), Mike White (won some games in the mid 1970's), and Jeff Tedford (won a few games in the early 00's). There have been a whole lot of BAD head football coaches in Berkeley.

BTW, Cal's current head basketball coach (Wyking Jones) makes Chambers look like a world beater. Viz:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...r-conference-team-ever-pac-12-ncaa-tournament

Wow Pitt took some hits. I mean Haywood, then Walt and Hackett.

But Wanny went to 3 bowl games and won 9 and 10 games which is high water mark there over the past 35 years. So......nice research there.

But my god, they forgot the worst. Foge friggin Fazio who was basically handed the keys to a Ferrari and ran it into a true and left the program as a Buick Skylark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT