ADVERTISEMENT

All the haters were just waiting for this type of game…

he can, and so can any coach at psu. they will never fire someone at 9-3
Look what happened to Nebraska after they canned Frank Solitch for going 9-3.
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Reactions: john4psu
Ask yourself this: Would Ohio State and Michigan be OK with a team rushing for 430 yards and zero Punta on them? Would that be ok?

Reactions: MacNit07
Ask yourself this: Would Ohio State and Michigan be OK with a team rushing for 430 yards and zero Punta on them? Would that be ok?

They'd probably fire somebody this week and likely replace the DC at years end if improvement isn't made.

Had nothing to do with firing Solich and everything to do with making the wrong hires for 15 straight years.
You have championship expectations just like Nebraska has.
That makes 9-3 harder to take.
Vanderbilt would be delighted to go 9-3 every year.
Joe-Pa raised your expectation level so high.
Such coaches are so hard to replace.
Look @ Nebraska now.

We beat them in '19 and '20. They beat us in '21 and '22. While this loss was a thrashing, I don't think it's indicative of anything more than our LBs are terrible, and we still don't have a good offense.

Between the portal and recruiting, you can fix these deficiencies in a year.

Additionally, we have never been even with OSU since the 90s. We had a chance from '16-'18 and we came up short.

Michigan is on the good end of us right now. Did they think we were pulling away from them when we won 3 of 4 '17-'20?
Both Michigan and PSU had shown themselves unable to compete with OSU for nearly a decade.

Now, it appears Michigan can compete with OSU.

Will it stay that way? Don’t know, but it looks promising for Michigan

For PSU? It doesn’t even seem remotely possible.

Both Michigan and PSU had shown themselves unable to compete with OSU for nearly a decade.

Now, it appears Michigan can compete with OSU.

Will it stay that way? Don’t know, but it looks promising for Michigan

For PSU? It doesn’t even seem remotely possible.

We both have 1 win vs them in 10 years. We at least have multiple close games or at least you acted like that mattered prior.

It was a bad day Saturday. Changes do need made.

We both have 1 win vs them in 10 years. We at least have multiple close games or at least you acted like that mattered prior.

It was a bad day Saturday. Changes do need made.
In and around 2016, it seemed like we might be able to compete.

It no longer seems that way.

Michigan soundly, thoroughly defeated OSU last year.

Reactions: lazydave841
We actually don't need to ask ourselves. After OSU got embarrassed last year by Michigan, they cleaned house and brought in new staff to right the ship.

I know that our Oline will be horrible each game we play against OSU and Michigan.

It isn’t one data point.

Plus, I think Franklin is a bad coach.

Demeanor of an accountant, and not particularly smart.
You don’t have to be smart to be a glorified gym teacher, which is what football coaches are.

You have championship expectations just like Nebraska has.
That makes 9-3 harder to take.
Vanderbilt would be delighted to go 9-3 every year.
Joe-Pa raised your expectation level so high.
Such coaches are so hard to replace.
Look @ Nebraska now.
Look at Georgia now. Can do this all day...

People throw around "unacceptable" a lot lately. What do you mean by that?

It wasn't a good performance. That happens especially against good teams.

Not acceptable would be players playing dirty, getting in fights, not giving effort. I didn't see any of that on Saturday.

Sometimes you lose games. It happens. That's why they play them because you never know what will happen.
Running mouths on the field and online (and not backing it up).

It used to be Penn State was a “good team.”

The accumulation of the past 2+ years - culminating with Saturday’s debacle -is unacceptable.

Running mouths on the field and online (and not backing it up).

It used to be Penn State was a “good team.”

The accumulation of the past 2+ years - culminating with Saturday’s debacle -is unacceptable.
Who was running their mouths on the field?

PSU still is a good team.

You are clueless.

Who was running their mouths on the field?

PSU still is a good team.

You are clueless.

Who isn’t running their mouths?

Do you go to the games? Watch them? Do you understand sports?

Penn State is ~ .500 team over past three years…and one that got bullied like high school seniors vs middle school team.

Penn State in dire need of a reboot.

Who isn’t running their mouths?

Do you go to the games? Watch them? Do you understand sports?

Penn State is ~ .500 team over past three years…and one that got bullied like high school seniors vs middle school team.

Penn State in dire need of a reboot.
I was at the game on Saturday. Were you? I watch every game twice. Do you? I play multiple sports. Do you?

No one is running their mouths. You are a clueless hater.

Penn State is 5-1 and ranked the top 20. The have a real chance at an 11 win season. To say they need a reboot based on one game displays your complete ignorance about the sport of football.

I was at the game on Saturday. Were you? I watch every game twice. Do you? I play multiple sports. Do you?

Penn State is 5-1 and ranked the top 20. The have a real chance at an 11 win season. To say they need a reboot based on one game displays your complete ignorance about the sport of football.
Check on all of the above. Been going to most games since the late 1970s.

Penn State has been doing more and more mouth running, chain wearing, and social media yapping in about inverse proportion to on the field performance.

They can finesse their way to wins against weak, undermanned (talent bereft) teams but can’t even run the football on a team like Villanova.

And the head coach is one of the poorest in-game coaches in the NCAA.

After the debacles of the three years - including Indiana (2020), Illinois (2021), and this past week - and you don’t think a once proud program like Penn State is in dire need of a reboot, what can I tell you other than take off the blue-tinted glasses.

Reactions: scrivener

Penn State has been doing more and more mouth running, chain wearing, and social media yapping in about inverse proportion to on the field performance.

They can finesse their way to wins against weak, undermanned (talent bereft) teams but can’t even run the football on a team like Villanova.

After the debacles of the three years - including Indiana (2020), Illinois (2021), and this past week - and you don’t think a once proud program like Penn State is in dire need of a reboot, what can I tell you other than take off the blue-tinted glasses.
Yep all of this. We need more players and less talkers and tweeters.

11 win? They aren't beating Ohio State--stop pretending bowl games matter

Then hire one. Lol.
I mean, could he be part of the problem?
I'm not saying fire Diaz but he's always been overrated. He went from the man that was going to be the next coach at Texas to La Tech's DC because they gave up 500+ (was it almost 600?) to BYU back in 2012 or 2013. Then the whole Temple fiasco followed by flopping at Miami. I don't understand the love affair with Diaz. Never have but hoping he gets a big time HC job in a couple years because it will mean he's been successful here.

This was never gonna be the year we competed for a championship. However, we had a nice start to the season and some of us fans got excited. It was an utterly dismal performance today. Without a doubt.

That said, I’d still rather be a fan who gets excited when his team has a good start to the season, than a negative, miserable, unhappy “fan” who just lives their life waiting for and expecting the other shoe to drop.

I really have pity for these so-called, “fans”, who, if PSU won every game by a score of 28-3, they’d bitch about PSU not being able to score 30 or shut out their opponents.

What a sad, pathetic existence.

WE ARE!!!
Criticism and hate are two different things.

Then you must drink too much in the tailgating lots before the games. Either that or you have no understanding of modern college football.
Let me guess, you are the guy who sent the letter to Sutherland. STFU with that nonsense.
Did we play Villanova this year? I must have missed that.
LOL. Sure he is. That's why he's top 20 in win percentage and has multiple 11 win seasons, multiple NY6 wins and a conference championship. You are delusional.
2020 and 2021 have nothing to do with this. If PSU finished with 11 wins will you go away and never come back?

It took a while with Smart to go above Richt levels. For years by comparison they were virtually the same.
Actually Smart went above Richt in only his second season. Making the Championship game and finishing 2nd. Higher than Richt ever finished (his highest end of season rank was 3rd )

Smart took UGA to the CFP final in his second year. Do you consider that virtually the same?
Honestly, one of the most ridiculous thing I've read.
Even if we pretend it could take someone 5 years to get past where Franklin is now it's worth the risk but Smart did it in 2.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT