ADVERTISEMENT

Some things that aren't being discussed enough...

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
McCarthy only threw for 60 yards. Michigan was able to be 100% one dimensional and still win without any issue. Despite this Corum and Edwards averaged over 5/carry. This defense is great and the offense does them no favors but there were too many splash plays today against them.

Singleton had more carries than Allen today--Yurich should be fired for that alone. Allen has outproduced Singleton pretty much all season. He's clearly the top back. Find ways to use Singleton in the slot or put him in motion from the slot and flip the ball to him/hand it off. I'm not sure if they're playing Singleton out of fear of him leaving or stubbornness but it's hurting the team. His long run today was 9. NINE.

Many people here loved Manny's twitter mocking Michigan which Michigan admitted that they used as motivation to the point they were mocking him on the field. A DC that was a former HC should be smarter than that. You give the opponent nothing. Especially after last year's beatdown.

The final score in the games against Michigan and Ohio State were misleading. We're nowhere close to competing with them.

McCarthy only threw for 60 yards. Michigan was able to be 100% one dimensional and still win without any issue. Despite this Corum and Edwards averaged over 5/carry. This defense is great and the offense does them no favors but there were too many splash plays today against them.

Singleton had more carries than Allen today--Yurich should be fired for that alone. Allen has outproduced Singleton pretty much all season. He's clearly the top back. Find ways to use Singleton in the slot or put him in motion from the slot and flip the ball to him/hand it off. I'm not sure if they're playing Singleton out of fear of him leaving or stubbornness but it's hurting the team. His long run today was 9. NINE.

Many people here loved Manny's twitter mocking Michigan which Michigan admitted that they used as motivation to the point they were mocking him on the field. A DC that was a former HC should be smarter than that. You give the opponent nothing. Especially after last year's beatdown.

The final score in the games against Michigan and Ohio State were misleading. We're nowhere close to competing with them.
Mannies d is a lot like the d of Don brown imo. Is what it is. Vaunted Don brown d or manny vaunted d

• Haha
Reactions: rcy4499
Wow a shocker. Only the 1000th time you bashed on singleton. Besides one run there was no difference between them today. The defense played fantastic and was not the problem. At this level when you hold a team under 300 total yards you should win. The issue with this team is the wr play and the oline. Throw in bad offensive coaching and that’s why they don’t win against top teams.

Reactions: summitlion1
Wow a shocker. Only the 1000th time you bashed on singleton. Besides one run there was no difference between them today. The defense played fantastic and was not the problem. At this level when you hold a team under 300 total yards you should win. The issue with this team is the wr play and the oline. Throw in bad offensive coaching and that’s why they don’t win against top teams.
There's a huge difference between Allen and Singleton which is disappointing because i didn't expect that coming into the season. Are you seriously trying to argue that Allen still hasn't separated himself?

The defense didn't create a turnover and Michigan was one dimensional, agreed? The D was great but the big runs cost them and we all knew coming in if we didn't create turnovers we weren't going to win. Admittedly, Michigan did everything they could to stop that but this wasn't our defense's best performance. 43 in particular killed us.

I agree about the WR and the coaching. I thought the OL was actually decent today but generally that's been true. But there's more things that people don't want to discuss outside of the lack of WR talent and Franklin being garbage.

There's a huge difference between Allen and Singleton which is disappointing because i didn't expect that coming into the season. Are you seriously trying to argue that Allen still hasn't separated himself?

The defense didn't create a turnover and Michigan was one dimensional, agreed? The D was great but the big runs cost them and we all knew coming in if we didn't create turnovers we weren't going to win. Admittedly, Michigan did everything they could to stop that but this wasn't our defense's best performance. 43 in particular killed us.

I agree about the WR and the coaching. I thought the OL was actually decent today but generally that's been true. But there's more things that people don't want to discuss outside of the lack of WR talent and Franklin being garbage.
The defense did their job. They almost had a turnover and held them to under 300 yards especially always being on the field, they only gave up three points in second half because of a fumble except for that short field td after Penn state went for a fourth down on own 25.

Allen has played better but there wasn’t any difference today except one run, they are both solid backs with different skills and aren’t why we lost,

Franklin and Yurich both have to go. They will never hit next level if they couldn’t beat one of these two this year.
I

The defense did their job. They almost had a turnover and held them to under 300 yards especially always being on the field, they only gave up three points in second half because of a fumble except for that short field td after Penn state went for a fourth down on own 25.

Allen has played better but there wasn’t any difference today except one run, they are both solid backs with different skills and aren’t why we lost,

Franklin and Yurich both have to go. They will never hit next level if they couldn’t beat one of these two this year.
I
The fact people still refuse to acknowledge Allen's the better back is terrifying. It was evident today. It's been evident all season.

The defense is great and played well enough to win. That doesn't alter Michigan averaging 5 yards/carry and the big runs despite being one-dimensional. "Almost had a turnover" doesn't mean anything, do you at least agree with that?

The last sentence we agree on--though I'm fine with Franklin getting one more year if Yurich isn't on the staff. Probably just delays the inevitable but 10-2 in back to back seasons probably buys him another year.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoflane
The fact people still refuse to acknowledge Allen's the better back is terrifying. It was evident today. It's been evident all season.

The defense is great and played well enough to win. That doesn't later Michigan averaging 5 yards/carry and the big runs despite being one-dimensional. "Almost had a turnover" doesn't mean anything, do you at least agree with that?

The last sentence we agree on--though I'm fine with Franklin getting one more year if Yurich isn't on the staff. Probably just delays the inevitable but 10-2 in back to back seasons probably buys him another year.
Allen has way better vision, patience, and wiggle in crowded spots. For the life of me I don’t think Singleton could see a running hole even if it slapped him in the face. The kid is a physical specimen but he lacks vision and patience.

I think Michigan was one dimensional for a reason. It worked I was shocked watching the second half today

Outside the +1 turnover, Michigan was not much better than PSU. Sloppiness by Allar and luck on the Michigan fumble.
UM was a lot better than PSU. Don’t kid yourself believing otherwise. They didn’t throw the football (officially) in the 2nd half by choice! Our $75M CEO lost to an assistant coach who now has as many wins against top 10 teams as JF has. Let that sink in….

Reactions: The Kid Twist
UM was a lot better than PSU. Don’t kid yourself believing otherwise. They didn’t throw the football (officially) in the 2nd half by choice! Our $75M CEO lost to an assistant coach who now has as many wins against top 10 teams as JF has. Let that sink in….
If we had a decent passing offense, Michigan would have been defeated…actually fairly easily …see TCU from last year…but PSU’s defense is much better than TCU.

In any case, it was a one score game. The difference? A single turnover and Franklin’s terrible in game coaching.

• Haha
Reactions: bluehair666
If we had a decent passing offense, Michigan would have been defeated…actually fairly easily …see TCU from last year…but PSU’s defense is much better than TCU.

In any case, it was a one score game. The difference? A single turnover and Franklin’s terrible in game coaching.
“If” pertains to something outside of reality. Reality is that UM is way better than us and will continue to be as long as we have our current CEO in place. It’s what “is”, that pertains to reality, unfortunately for PSU fans.

“If” pertains to something outside of reality. Reality is that UM is way better than us and will continue to be as long as we have our current CEO in place. It’s what “is”, that pertains to reality, unfortunately for PSU fans.
Michigan is not “way better than us”.

1 score?

1 score?
No my friend, it should have been one score I’ll give you that, but it wasn’t because JF is a very very very low IQ football coach. However, it was a 9 point loss, thus two scores were needed to win. The reason it was two scores and not one is because UM has far better coaching than PSU. Again, see that UM didn’t officially attempt a pass in the second half. UM knew PSU had no chance of winning because of who PSU’s head coach is.

Reactions: The Kid Twist
Yes, UM was one dimensional by choice. That’s called good coaching.
The few times that McCarthy tried to pass in the 1st half, he had pressure on him or was running for his life. The UM staff realized it and adjusted

The few times that McCarthy tried to pass in the 1st half, he had pressure on him or was running for his life. The UM staff realized it and adjusted
yes and see my comment about UM having good coaching. They adjusted. We continued our illogical approach.

It is hard to place blame. The defense played well enough against a top 3 team to win - if we had an offense. I blame Yurcich if he has total play control. No screens, no quick slants over the middle, etc., etc. We have a definite problem going forward - no top notch wide receiver (s). Is it because of lack of natural skill, coaching, or play calling? I don't know. But that offense today was a disgrace. Maybe they should watch Oregon's offense. Sadly, either Yurcich or Franklin must go. I hate to say it - get Urban in here.

Last edited:
No my friend, it should have been one score I’ll give you that, but it wasn’t because JF is a very very very low IQ football coach. However, it was a 9 point loss, thus two scores were needed to win. The reason it was two scores and not one is because UM has far better coaching than PSU. Again, see that UM didn’t officially attempt a pass in the second half. UM knew PSU had no chance of winning because of who PSU’s head coach is.
Agree to disagree…the gap is very close…the coaching was poor for PSU

It is hard to place blame. The defense played well enough against a top 3 team to win - if we had an offense. I blame Yurcich if he has total play control. No screens, no quick slants over the middle, etc., etc. We have a definite problem going forward - no top notch wide receiver (s). Is it because of lack of natural skill, coaching, or play calling? I don't know. But that offense today was a disgrace. Maybe they should watch Oregon's offense. Sadly, either Yurcich or Franklin must go. I hate to say it - get Urban in here.
Urban!

Actually any change is better that status quo.

Reactions: Bob2022

1 score?
Ohio State was 1 score but they were way better
Michigan technically was 2 scores but they were also way better than us.
Even if it's solely because of coaching it's not close right now.

Never got that sense watching the game yesterday. We moved the ball at times…much better than at O$U.

Correct coaching change would finalize closing any gap.

You picked PSU to win @ O$U just a couple of weeks ago…what epiphany did you have that suddenly “it is not even close.”??

You picked PSU to win @ O$U just a couple of weeks ago…what epiphany did you have that suddenly “it is not even close.”??
I watched the game against Ohio State. We were the definition of inept on offense. Our weak schedule to that point hid a lot of issues. Watching OU, who is on par with us, put up 31 in a half against WVU also helps show our weaknesses. Ohio State was without 2 potential first round picks and the RB that might be the first off the board with a young QB that I thought we could pressure into errors. I simply didn't fully grasp how bad the offense was. That's my fault. I was wrong.

But, yes, I agree overall it was better yesterday but Michigan also intentionally took the ball out of the hand of an elite college QB because they didn't think we could score a TD in the second half. I think the talent gap is close. I just have zero faith in the staff to develop or put them in the right situation. If I thought a coaching change was a possibility I might be more optimistic but Franklin won't be fired and I doubt Yurich will be. If anything we lose Manny.

Play calling left a lot to be desired for sure. Disagree with you comments re Singleton and Allen. Singleton would have taken it to the house on the 13 yard run Allen had in the second half.

Play calling left a lot to be desired for sure. Disagree with you comments re Singleton and Allen. Singleton would have taken it to the house on the 13 yard run Allen had in the second half.
If he even saw the hole. His vision is a problem. He had cutback opportunities yesterday and ran right up the back of his lineman.

What makes you believe that Singleton even finds the hole there?
Has Singleton done anything this year to support that claim?

McCarthy only threw for 60 yards.
Or maybe you might want to consider that the Michigan coaches don't trust JJ when they haven't stolen the signals. In addition to TCU where JJ was intercepted multiple times, he was intercepted three times by bowling Green which was another school that Michigan did not cheat to get signals. I would add that it is very strange for them to go very long time and not throw a pass. When Alabama and Georgia get ahead they just don't sit on their lead and not attempt to make additional touchdowns through the air.

The sad part is Michigan couldn't block our defensive ends, especially their right tackle. I was very optimistic early because we were all over McCarthy. That said because our offense is so inept Michigan was able to completely abandon their passing game. Diaz is partly to blame because in the second quarter he was totally out coached. We had Michigan in multiple third and longs and Diaz took out our defensive lineman expecting pass and Michigan ran. I get it the first time but he never adjusted in the second quarter.
On Edwards 25 yard score I was screaming they were going to run the draw and they did. Diaz is asking corners and linebackers to run fit in those situations and it was a disaster.

Or maybe you might want to consider that the Michigan coaches don't trust JJ when they haven't stolen the signals. In addition to TCU where JJ was intercepted multiple times, he was intercepted three times by bowling Green which was another school that Michigan did not cheat to get signals. I would add that it is very strange for them to go very long time and not throw a pass. When Alabama and Georgia get ahead they just don't sit on their lead and not attempt to make additional touchdowns through the air.
I don't buy that for a second. We'll see what they do in 2 weeks.

I don't buy that for a second. We'll see what they do in 2 weeks.
The lack of passing makes absolutely no sense. It was not like they were running roughshod over Penn State and scoring 35 or 40 points. But you are right, we will see in 2 weeks.

Many”s D played well enough to win but him getting involved in mocking is idiotic

The lack of passing makes absolutely no sense. It was not like they were running roughshod over Penn State and scoring 35 or 40 points
They believed, correctly, that as long as they didn't turn the ball over they couldn't lose
They controlled the clock and field position. Both backs averaged over 5/carry.
It was conservative but they also didn't have their HC on the sidleline so there's logic.

They believed, correctly, that as long as they didn't turn the ball over they couldn't lose
They controlled the clock and field position. Both backs averaged over 5/carry.
It was conservative but they also didn't have their HC on the sidleline so there's logic.
Michigan didn’t throw the ball in the second half vs PSU because McCarthy got injured when he got pile driven on his head and right shoulder. It wasn’t a genius Jimmah move it was a survival move. Michigan knew they couldn’t block the PSU ends. The national media has glorified Jimmah for his brilliance in punking PSU. I thought PSU actually exposed some Michigan weakness.

Singleton had a total of 924 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs on 185 offensive touches. Allen had 932 total offensive yards and 7 TDs on 176 offensive touches. Yeah, Allen had an insanely better year????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT