Flo rankings are out

RB-Old

Jan 22, 2020
Davis #1
Nagao #8
Bartlett #2 (Woods #3)
Kasak #10
Haines #1
Mesenbrink #4 (1. KOT, 2. Carr, 3. Ramirez)
Starocci #1
Bernie #5 (Gotta be a nightmare for Keckheisen)
Brooks #1
Kerkvleit #1

I'm good with all of them except:
Kasak has 3 losses at 149, two of them are to the #1 guy and both were close(ish) and a SV to Rathjen that he avenged with a 8-1 beatdown at the conference tournement. Abas is ranked one ahead but he's got 7 losses. A few of the guys ahead of him with more losses against D'emilio

Mesenbrink has to be the #2. He didn't just work through the Big Ten schedule, he hammered himself through it. He's if the Matrix had Noodle Arms and was an MCU character called "Destroyer of Worlds"
There are two undefeated guys and they're from the two toughest conferences so they have to go 1-2.

Bernie is in a good spot and Bernie could get Parker in the semis who he can beat if he gets that sweet, sweet special sauce they serve in happy valley.

Other than that I have to mention the elephant in the room. I read Carter's text today but I'm pretty sure he means he's dropping out and transferring to Mizzou for his 5th season.

I don't know how you can put MM behind two guys with two losses each.
These are rankings, not projected seeds. Part of the rankings are based on last year's results and at the time when Carr took his early loss and Ramirez took his losses Mitchell did not have the resume he has right now. That combined with that rankers do not appear to like to drop people unless they lose or move people up unless they have a win over a higher ranked opponent.

The thing I chuckled at with Flo's rankings is the team projections based on rankings, PSU at 146 and Iowa and NC St. tied at 2nd with 59.5. those are without bonus points as well.

These are rankings, not projected seeds. Part of the rankings are based on last year's results and at the time when Carr took his early loss and Ramirez took his losses Mitchell did not have the resume he has right now. That combined with that rankers do not appear to like to drop people unless they lose or move people up unless they have a win over a higher ranked opponent.
They just think Carr and Ramirez are better. They might be. Seeding will not look like this, as you point out, as record, conf champ and coaches poll will favor Mesenbrink. After next Friday morning we will know a lot more about that top 5.

The good news is: NCAA seeding is based partially on the Coaches Poll, and not the Hot Take Rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT