ADVERTISEMENT

speaking of transfers why cant this guy play for PSU any more?

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
Bill Walsh said, if you see somebody do it once on film, then coach its your job to make him do it every time. So why is it this guy doesnt seem welcome at PSU anymore?

Really.... WTF are you talking about Sluggo?
He put his name in the transfer portal. Why? Some on here have theories that he was pushed out by kids coming up etc had too many drops etc etc why wouldn’t he want to ccme back? Why wouldn’t we want him to come back? Lots of talent

He put his name in the transfer portal. Why? Some on here have theories that he was pushed out by kids coming up etc had too many drops etc etc why wouldn’t he want to ccme back? Why wouldn’t we want him to come back? Lots of talent

Once again. The idiots that post here..... you are paying attention to the made up shit they post? WTF are you thinking? Try some smelling salts. If he wants to come back, no one is pushing him out the door.

I doubt that he was pushed out given we have fewer than 80 scholarship players on the roster. He might have been told he's not guaranteed a starting spot or he might have just wanted a change of scenery, but I doubt he was told to move on because he was unlikely to see much PT.

P.S. Does PSU have the fewest scholarship players in D1?

It’s been reported that he had expressed concerns that he may need a change of scenery before the season ended to his family. I think this season didn’t go how he wanted/hoped/expected so he felt a change may be necessary.

Once again. The idiots that post here..... you are paying attention to the made up shit they post? WTF are you thinking? Try some smelling salts. If he wants to come back, no one is pushing him out the door.
you sure about that?

Reactions: JoeFi

He put his name in because he wants to see what other options he has.

Many reasons why he might want to leave. Maybe he's tired of it being zero degrees outside

To me, he seemed like a man amongst boys. His high end almost limitless.

I dunno. I thought Irv Charles' high end was limitless but JJ has never shown that kind of potential that I've seen.

JJ showed really good hands in 2017, but his route-running and reading of defenses had a ways to go and he wasn't particularly great high-pointing balls. He doesn't really play as tall as he is.

Because of his size he has potential to he an NFL receiver, but time is running out, and depending on how the younger receivers perform, he will have trouble getting a lot of reps at PSU this fall.

He really might be better off going to a mid-major program where he would be playing against lesser competition, get a lot of reps and maybe grow his confidence.

On the other hand nothing's been announced so he might not have a scholarship offer yet.

He's a really great kid, very hard worker. I know we will be rooting for him whever he lands -- or if he ends up back at PSU this fall. It would be great if all the pieces come together this fall.

Last edited:
I dunno. I thought Irv Charles' high end was limitless but JJ has never shown that kind of potential that I've seen.

JJ showed really good hands in 2017, but his route-running and reading of defenses had a ways to go and he wasn't particularly great high-pointing balls.

Because of his size he has potential to he an NFL receiver, but time is running out, and depending on how the younger receivers perform, he will have trouble getting a lot of reps at PSU this fall.

He really might be better off going to a mid-major program where he would be playing against lesser competition, get a lot of reps and maybe grow his confidence.

On the other hand nothing's been announced so he might not have a scholarship offer yet.
yes I noticed here how poor he is at high pointing balls....

I noticed here how poor of routes he runs...doesnt do much after the catch either....

Really.... WTF are you talking about Sluggo?
well here you go.....

JJ showed really good hands in 2017, but his route-running and reading of defenses had a ways to go and he wasn't particularly great high-pointing balls. He doesn't really play as tall as he is.

He's a really great kid, very hard worker. I know we will be rooting for him whever he lands -- or if he ends up back at PSU this fall. It would be great if all the pieces come together this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT