ADVERTISEMENT

Starocci's injury question

RB-Old

Jan 22, 2020
After he won he said he was on crutches 12 days prior but footage of him at Big Tens looked like he wasn't even limping. So if he was fine then and all of a sudden was on crutches a couple days later does it mean he had the surgery and then wrestled 12 days later? How would that be possible? Is he one of the toughest people alive?

After he won he said he was on crutches 12 days prior but footage of him at Big Tens looked like he wasn't even limping. So if he was fine then and all of a sudden was on crutches a couple days later does it mean he had the surgery and then wrestled 12 days later? How would that be possible? Is he one of the toughest people alive?
just using crutches as needed!

Reactions: mcpat
12 days before the NCAA finals would've been the Monday after B10s.

He might not have precisely counted the days before he spoke.

That's not to say he wasn't on crutches then. The crutches might have been precautionary as he recovered, especially for walking greater distances than getting off the bus at the arena.

Maybe he tweaked it after B10s by pushing too hard too fast and ended up back on crutches.

All I know is that Carter's effusive and repeated praise for Dan Monthly suggests to my mind that the injury was serious and his participation at nattys was touch and go. He straight up gave DM credit for his wins this weekend. I don't think I have ever heard Carter give credit for his success to anyone other than himself. He often expresses gratitude to others who helped him succeed, but what he said about DM felt different than that.

I predict that details of the extent of his injury won't trickle out until after the Olympics at the very soonest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT