ADVERTISEMENT

Suite for NCAAs in Philly

These prices have gotten crazy, wow.
I was thinking the same. A seat in a suite at MSG in 2016 was around $600, iirc. It might have been as much as $800, but still. I've gone from driving to Princeton in 1981 and walking up to the box office for tickets on the second and third days of nationals for maybe $10-15 to $3000 for a suite ticket in a little over 40 years. And in 1981, there was virtually no tv coverage. Now I can sit at home and get the match I want to watch at any moment on a big screen for the entire tournament. It's crazy.

I was thinking the same. A seat in a suite at MSG in 2016 was around $600, iirc. It might have been as much as $800, but still. I've gone from driving to Princeton in 1981 and walking up to the box office for tickets on the second and third days of nationals for maybe $10-15 to $3000 for a suite ticket in a little over 40 years. And in 1981, there was virtually no tv coverage. Now I can sit at home and get the match I want to watch at any moment on a big screen for the entire tournament. It's crazy
Our suite at MSG was $1600 per person. I think the last time it was in Philly it was like $525. The last time in St Louis I think it was somewhere around $1300. I don't recall specifics on the other years, they start to run together.

Reactions: JWil23
If I pay three grand for anything it better involve a hooker just saying lmfao
D4 buys a Hummer, demands a hooker.

e131c2a5-c099-4535-a08f-4e31cfa5cdcf_text.gif

Our suite at MSG was $1600 per person. I think the last time it was in Philly it was like $525. The last time in St Louis I think it was somewhere around $1300. I don't recall specifics on the other years, they start to run together.
Suites were $1800 in Detroit with all food and beverage included. Tulsa was $2000 with no food or beverage included. KC was $2217 with no food and beverage. Philly is $3,000 with a $10,000 credit for food and beverage ($555/person). So that probably gets us a dozen wings, a basket of pretzels and a six-pack.

Last edited:
Wow, I paid around $450 in 2011 for a suite seat in Philadelphia.

Can't see forking out $6,000 for me and the wife although I'm sure all tickets will be at a premium.

What a ride it's been over the past 14 years to reach this point.

Suites were $1800 in Detroit with all food and beverage included. Tulsa was $2000 with no food or beverage included. KC was $2217 with no food and beverage. Philly is $3,000 with a $10,000 credit for food and beverage ($555/person). So that probably gets us a dozen wigs, a basket of pretzels and a six-pack.

tumblr_nh02vaYB831tazgixo1_500.gif

BTW, that might not be exaggerating for effect what the food/beverage credit will buy. Philly has the most expensive NFL stadium beer in the country -- $14.67 (!) -- and does anyone think it'll be different at the arena next door?

Suites were $1800 in Detroit with all food and beverage included. Tulsa was $2000 with no food or beverage included. KC was $2217 with no food and beverage. Philly is $3,000 with a $10,000 credit for food and beverage ($555/person). So that probably gets us a dozen wigs, a basket of pretzels and a six-pack.
I never had a six-pack even when my body fat was 6%. Sounds like a good deal.

BTW, that might not be exaggerating for effect what the food/beverage credit will buy. Philly has the most expensive NFL stadium beer in the country -- $14.67 (!) -- and does anyone think it'll be different at the arena next door?

I'd love to be there but with these prices I do not see the value in attending. Compare those prices to the Big Tens at Maryland this year, I paid $50 for a two day ticket. In the PSU section, maybe the fourth row. I did not care what beverages cost lol.

Dueling HVI suites? @GOLDBANGER called at midnight. @82bordeaux plays it cool and lets the recruits come to him. Which posters are waiting on their NIL payday? Who will admit the posters most likely to cause a hit to image in the name of winning? This is gonna be a fun 9 months …
OK. When their email goes out I'll grab them. How many will you be looking for?

Reactions: hlstone
Which suite puts some of their food and beverage budget towards ponying up for a paid Iowa hater?

Do they let you bring your own choice of beverage to the suite or is it only what they can provide on site?

I would say about $400 will be the upper deck prices.
But you need to buy through a school. I can get you tickets in the Edinboro section if you want them.

Or you can sit is our suite!
Thank you so much for your generous offer. I have never been before to the national championships. Are you saying that there are no tickets available to the general public? You must buy them through school? Thanks, again.

Reactions: danoftw
Thank you so much for your generous offer. I have never been before to the national championships. Are you saying that there are no tickets available to the general public? You must buy them through school? Thanks, again.
Yeah, the way that the NCAA does sales is that they sell single session tickets only. It's almost impossible to get the same seats. All session tickets are sold through the schools and the super premium package sellers.

Yeah, the way that the NCAA does sales is that they sell single session tickets only. It's almost impossible to get the same seats. All session tickets are sold through the schools and the super premium package sellers.
Any suite tickets available?

In Philly I paid $250 but it was for club seats, not a suite. It was worth every penny, I hope the Penn State Wrestling Club gets those club seats again. It was probably over 100 seats, but less than 200. Still, they were great and much better than not getting tickets at all,

Reactions: danoftw
In Philly I paid $250 but it was for club seats, not a suite. It was worth every penny, I hope the Penn State Wrestling Club gets those club seats again. It was probably over 100 seats, but less than 200. Still, they were great and much better than not getting tickets at all,
yeah, and it also had a bar, if i remember correctly. at least where we sat it did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT