ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32. October 12th-13th

Cunningham’s got some funk to him.

Thought he was dead to rights a couple times and kept surprising me.

The Flo commentators nailed it when they said he wrestles like an old man. More tricks up his sleeve than you can count.

Reactions: Chris Watts
My friend was down there. Said Bachman is a full court press. Hutcherson lost but very impressive for a freshmen. He said he wasn’t surprised to see all the coaches flocking to Forest and Bo’s mats.
Full court press on Fred Bachmann I agree. Hutcherson is a 15 year old freshman at 175 wrestling some fully grown seniors and looked tough

My Super 32 observation;

Cunningham looked phenomenal and will keep getting better in the PSU room. Future AA

It was good to see Dalton Perry have a strong run.

Curious how hard PSU is going after Michael Mocco?

Fred Bachmann is a must get and Mario Hutcherson is one of our future greats at upper weight. Both are class of 2028.

Bassett/Zepeda may have been the best Super 32 final ever.

Jason Nolf was coaching Cade Ziola in the semis. Wonder what the connection is? Did PSU recruit Ziola? He is a Nebraska recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcruny42
I was watching a different angle of Bo's OT TD against Zepeda and saw that he tried Nolf's Winn Dixie. Bo was able to get just enough leverage by hooking his right leg underneath Zepeda's right armpit, roll through and gain an advantageous enough position to hold Zepeda on his back and get the TD. I love seeing different camera angles of matches and being able to re-watch sequences. Wrestling is such a fast sport that it is so easy to miss details on the first viewing. The match video below starts at the beginning of the TD sequence.

Grove City/Bad Karma’s Chase Karenbauer- coached by former PSU wrestler, Wes Phipps, and current PSU dad, Mark Steen- beat a 2024 U17 World teamer and two 2024 Pan Am freestyle gold medalists just to place 7th - Super 32 is a meat grinder.
Karenbauer beat Keegan Bassett in the 7/8th place match. He is tough.

Reactions: RandyL
I was watching a different angle of Bo's OT TD against Zepeda and saw that he tried Nolf's Winn Dixie. Bo was able to get just enough leverage by hooking his right leg underneath Zepeda's right armpit, roll through and gain an advantageous enough position to hold Zepeda on his back and get the TD. I love seeing different camera angles of matches and being able to re-watch sequences. Wrestling is such a fast sport that it is so easy to miss details on the first viewing. The match video below starts at the beginning of the TD sequence.

Zepeda looked pretty good against Bassett. Cormier is putting out some good talent at Gilroy since he took the reins of the program.

My Super 32 observation;

Cunningham looked phenomenal and will keep getting better in the PSU room. Future AA

It was good to see Dalton Perry have a strong run.

Curious how hard PSU is going after Michael Mocco?

Fred Bachmann is a must get and Mario Hutcherson is one of our future greats at upper weight. Both are class of 2028.

Bassett/Zepeda may have been the best Super 32 final ever.

Jason Nolf was coaching Cade Ziola in the semis. Wonder what the connection is? Did PSU recruit Ziola? He is a Nebraska recruit.
Nolf coached Ziola last year at S32 as well, not sure what the connection is. CJ Caines is a young PA wrestler that impresses me.

Reactions: hlstone
Nolf coached Ziola last year at S32 as well, not sure what the connection is. CJ Caines is a young PA wrestler that impresses me.
Caines had a great weekend. He is a tricky wrestler it looks like. He was a little out of his league with Bachmann but the kid had a great weekend.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT