ADVERTISEMENT

2024 National Duals

BigFella235

Aug 13, 2021
PAUSA has announced their age level national duals teams:

14U:
71: Michael Nicosia (Pocono Mountain East)
Grayden Paris (Chestnut Ridge)
77: Crew Mussellman (Claysburg-Kimmel)
Nelson Villafane (West Scranton)
83: Dane Malone (Abington Heights)
Leo Murillo (Cumberland Valley)
87: Riley Crandall (Faith Christian)
Brennen Veverka (Claysburg-Kimmel)
92: Arav Pandey (Cumberland Valley)
Dakota Sandy (Abington Heights)
97: Evan Cies (Owen J Roberts)
Nathan Fenner (Bethlehem Catholic)
Andrew Gomez (Bangor)
102: Alex Kane (Council Rock)
Alex Marchetti (Abington Heights)
106: Grayson Hostetter (Oxford)
Cole Schwartz (Catasaqua)
110: CJ Caines (Hanover)
Thomas Potsko (Hanover)
114: Carter Kinard (Dover)
Rocco Lombardo (Malvern Prep)
119: Austin Bernash (Kiski Area)
Joe Guastella (Lake Lehman)
125: Trevor Carl (Palmyra)
Mason McDonald (General McLane)
Arturo Reyes (Mahanoy Area)
130: Landon Ault (Trinity)
Dom Butera (Norwin)
136: Gage Evans (Towanda)
Will McNeal (Derry)
149: Asher Bacon (Wyoming Seminary)
Blake Fry (Montoursville)
165: Mason Chamberlain (Malvern Prep)
Chaney Lewis Jr (Woodland Hills)
187: Sam Harrington (Cathedral Prep)
Keegan Hewitt (Tyrone)
250: Emmitt Summerlin (Cochranton)

16U:
88: Nathan Schuman (Honesdale)
94: Gabe Benyo (Hazleton)
Jackson Hoy (Trinity)
100: Jake Benyo (Hazleton)
106: Brayden Wenrich (Northampton)
113: Eli Herring (Bishop McCort)
Shamus Ragan (Wyoming Seminary)
120: Gabe Ballard (Northampton)
Brooks Blasko (Pitt Central Catholic)
126: Brady Slicker (Hickory)
132: Wyatt Fry (Wyoming Seminary)
138: Jason Dube (SPIRE Institute)
Hudson Hohman (Grove City)
144: Alek Palko (Jefferson Morgan)
150: Mason Horwat (Derry)
Tommy Schecterly (Lake Lehman)
157: Sam Almedina (Mid Valley)
165: Blake Hostetter (Oxford)
175: Nick Singer (Faith Christian)
Kyle Scott (Tyrone)
190: Brady Brown (Derry)
Kendahl Hoare (DuBois)
215: Caleb Tyler (Delone Catholic)
285: Matt Richards (Trinity)

Junior:
: Grady Moore (Council Rock North)
106: Kole Davidheiser (Faith Christian)
113: Max Tancini (Perkiomen Valley)
120: Dom Deputy (Chestnut Ridge)
Easton Mull (Chestnut Ridge)
126: Lincoln Sledzianowski (Bishop McCort)
132: Aaron Seidel (Northern Lebanon)
Nick Berrena (State College)
138: Sam Herring (Bishop McCort)
Elijah Brosius (Cranberry)
144: Pierson Manville (State College)
Luis Alberta-Desilva (Frankford)
150: Maddox Shaw (Thomas Jefferson)
157: Vince Bouzakis (Wyoming Seminary)
165: Luca Felix (University, WV)
Greyson Catlow-Sidler (William Penn Charter)
175: Adam Waters (Faith Christian)
190: Mason Hartung (North Allegheny)
215: Jason Singer (Faith Christian)
285: Mark Effendian (Faith Christian)

Please note, a couple of the schools may be wrong. Especially with the 14 and 16U teams as some of the schools were referenced from the PJW JH state tournament or the Keystone Championships. Luca Felix is the only one I’m really not sure on. He’s listed as competing for a HS in Morgantown, WV, but has wrestled for PA in tournaments both last year and this year.

Last edited:
How are these teams picked? FS states?

Good teams but not close to the best PA could take.

I think it’s been pointed out in the past that some kids choose Fargo over the added cost of the national duals. Even still, the quality of wrestlers on the teams seems better than years past

And then, when we don’t win with backups, JV states dunk on us - leading them to be confused a few years later when PA, once again, dominates the podiums at NCAAs.

Rinse and repeat
True statement.
It’s safe to say, if Pa took their best they would win this easily each year.

Reactions: Hardwork830
How are these teams picked? FS states?

Good teams but not close to the best PA could take.
As far as the U16 PA Team. They are missing 5 of the best in the state due to them making U15 Team USA for Pan Am's. Its crazy that the USA U15 team has 5 of 10 on the roster from PA.
Evan Restivo (State College)
Keegan Bassett (Bishop McCort)
Chase Karenbuaer (Grove City)
Matteo Gallegos (Dubois)
Mario Hutcherson (Kiski Area)

Reactions: danoftw
I think it’s been pointed out in the past that some kids choose Fargo over the added cost of the national duals. Even still, the quality of wrestlers on the teams seems better than years past
I believe U14 won Freestyle and Greco last year. I think U16 took 5th and 7th.

14U is underway. Greco pool competition is today.

PA Blue rolled through their pool. 66-12 over Virginia, 56-24 over Illinois and 67-15 over Florida. They’ll be in the gold/silver pool tomorrow.

PA Red beat Georgia 39-37, then dropped a heartbreaker 41-38 to Indiana (came down to the last match and IN won 7-6), then lost to Utah 41-39 (Musselman got pinned in the last match). They’re wrestling Georgia for 5th right now.

Reactions: LOTOlion
Where is this being wrestled at ?
I was in Oaks Pa at a Wawa and saw tons to wrestlers from different states Team Texas was one group

Where is this being wrestled at ?
I was in Oaks Pa at a Wawa and saw tons to wrestlers from different states Team Texas was one group
14U is in Oaks and 16U is in Herriman, Utah. Junior Boys is in Tulsa.

In 14U:

PA Blue is in the Gold/Silver pool (1st through 8th)

PA Red is in the Red/Blue Pool (17th through 24th)

PA Red beat Tennessee 66-17 in the opener for pool A in the Red/Blue Pool. They’ll face Arkansas tomorrow morning followed by Oklahoma Blue.

PA Blue beat Wisconsin 47-29 in pool B of the Gold/Silver pool. They’ll face Utah tomorrow, followed by Iowa. If they win both, they’ll be in the finals.

Do you guys send 2 teams and both have to wrestle both syles?

That's how we do it. I'm warming up to the idea of only bringing one team for each style and loading it to the max, nowadays.

The kids on the teams will wrestle both styles, yes. 16U only has one team because of the lack of a full set of back ups. 14U has two and Junior boys will probably only have one. They’d probably get more kids annually, but it’s costly to attend both the national duals and Fargo in the span of a month or so.

Anybody got a cost breakdown for duals and Fargo? I’m not gonna use it maliciously or nothing. Just interested in how it works elsewhere.

If all goes correctly, I should be on the floor for the first time ever this July at Fargo. I’m not on our state board or anything, but I like having some outside knowledge to share with the important folk. Minnesota has gaps to address, no different than any state.

Anybody got a cost breakdown for duals and Fargo? I’m not gonna use it maliciously or nothing. Just interested in how it works elsewhere.

If all goes correctly, I should be on the floor for the first time ever this July at Fargo. I’m not on our state board or anything, but I like having some outside knowledge to share with the important folk. Minnesota has gaps to address, no different than any state.

This was the cost of the gear this year. In years past, I think team PA did a charter bus out to Fargo and back. Though, that may not be the case anymore. Jim Beach is the Executive Director of the PAWF. He’s from my neck of the woods. He’d be the guy to shed the most light on it

In 14U, PA Blue blows out Illinois 59-22 to take 1st in Greco. PA Red lost 40-38 to Washington to take 18th

In 16U, PA went 2-1 in the Bronze/Copper pool. They beat Oklahoma Blue 50-28 and Georgia 40-35 before losing to Idaho 54-26. They’ll wrestle Colorado for 11th and 12th.

Those singlets are dope, btw. Original singlets are cool. Carbon copies are wack.

Couple of my guys are out at cadets. One at 14U. Sending a couple down to juniors and girls next week. Duals are sick, but it’s so hard to stay healthy with all them high level matches so close to Fargo.

Plot twist with Pan Am’s: apparently Keegan Bassett left his shoes on the mat after his Greco final. Strange thing to do, especially with freestyle still to go tomorrow, but I’d assume he’s “retiring” from competing in Greco

Reactions: goldenanimal
Plot twist with Pan Am’s: apparently Keegan Bassett left his shoes on the mat after his Greco final. Strange thing to do, especially with freestyle still to go tomorrow, but I’d assume he’s “retiring” from competing in Greco

I’m sorry but that’s just stupid. A kid in junior high leaving their shoes on the mat to signify they are “retiring “ from greco?!?! Come on

I’m sorry but that’s just stupid. A kid in junior high leaving their shoes on the mat to signify they are “retiring “ from greco?!?! Come on
This is actually funny and got people going.

The 16U team could have used those five pan am guys at duals. If PA had those five they would have been top 3 in greco.

In 14U Freestyle, PA Blue dominated all 3 of their opponents to win Pool D. They won 76-8 over Louisiana, 68-11 over Utah and 61-19 over Wisconsin.

In Pool B, PA Red beat Washington 58-21, then lost to New Jersey 38-33, then beat Kansas 71-10. They’re wrestling NY Gold right now in the consolation quarterfinals. Winner faces Iowa in the consolation semis.

This was the cost of the gear this year. In years past, I think team PA did a charter bus out to Fargo and back. Though, that may not be the case anymore. Jim Beach is the Executive Director of the PAWF. He’s from my neck of the woods. He’d be the guy to shed the most light on it
I believe they no longer do a team camp and charter bus. The cost for Team PA is not inexpensive plus the added cost of transportation being much more expensive than it is for the teams in reasonable driving distance

Reactions: BigFella235
PA Red took 3rd in Pool B with a win over Georgia 49-28. They opened with a 52-29 win over Arkansas in the Bronze/Cooper pool. They’ll face Texas and Michigan in the morning.

In 16U, Team PA torched Illinois 55-15 to win Pool C. They’ll be in the Gold/Silver pool tomorrow. They opened Gold/Silver action with a 46-27 win over Utah Gold. They’ll face Wisconsin and Iowa tomorrow morning. If they win both, they’ll be in the finals.

This is actually funny and got people going.

The 16U team could have used those five pan am guys at duals. If PA had those five they would have been top 3 in greco.
If PA had those 5 they may have won it all. Bassett, Karenbuaer, and Hutcherson probably would not have lost. They would have dominated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT