ADVERTISEMENT

The #1 Homecoming opponent in the B1G this year is...

Illinois has 2 home games in October:

October 14 vs Rutgers
October 28 vs Wisconsin

They chose Wisconsin as their homecoming??? Must be some other logistical reason for that. :)

Illinois has 2 home games in October:

October 14 vs Rutgers
October 28 vs Wisconsin

They chose Wisconsin as their homecoming??? Must be some other logistical reason for that. :)

Yeah teams want a win on homecoming, but for Illinois, a loss is possible no matter who the opponent.

Therefore better to have an opponent that has somewhat of a draw.

That's my sense.

LdN

Yeah teams want a win on homecoming, but for Illinois, a loss is possible no matter who the opponent.

Therefore better to have an opponent that has somewhat of a draw.

That's my sense.

LdN

Back in 2005, Penn State was Illinois' homecoming game. Penn State had been mired in the "dark years", so Illinois probably felt safe about the choice for homecoming. Of course, '05 was the year Penn State broke out of the dark era, and Joe's squad opened a can on Illinois.

I was there. The game was sold out at the start, and the Illini faithful were in a frenzy after jumping out to a 3-0 lead. By the 3rd quarter, the place was a morgue. Final score: Penn State 63, Illinois 10.

rutgers-fan.gif

In 1994 Penn State had Ohio State for Homecoming. That's The Ohio State University for freaking Homecoming! Good stuff and thanks for welcoming us to the Big 10...

Rutgres (or more properly, their fans) are like that gummy, gooey crap that you have to scrape off the soles of your shoes.

I'm not generally a fan of running it up and rubbing it in, but there are exceptions to every rule.

Reactions: BBrown and bxle
Back in 2005, Penn State was Illinois' homecoming game. Penn State had been mired in the "dark years", so Illinois probably felt safe about the choice for homecoming. Of course, '05 was the year Penn State broke out of the dark era, and Joe's squad opened a can on Illinois.

I was there. The game was sold out at the start, and the Illini faithful were in a frenzy after jumping out to a 3-0 lead. By the 3rd quarter, the place was a morgue. Final score: Penn State 63, Illinois 10.

That was the game where they let the clock run the entire second half. It was that ugly.

That was the game where they let the clock run the entire second half. It was that ugly.

Funny in retrospect that Illinois actually led the game at one point. They took the opening kickoff, and rather efficiently went 57 yards and 12 plays for a Field Goal. 3-0 Illini.

Then we got the ball, We would score touchdowns on 7 of our first 8 offensive possessions.

Meanwhile, Illinois would have 13 consecutive possessions without achieving a single first down. (!!!)

A rout of epic proportions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT