ADVERTISEMENT

Is KLS going to the portal?

Delcolion915

Mar 19, 2022
Just watched locked on, also looked at the pay sites on the other two sites and so called "insiders" are claiming he's gone. How does this affect the wr position for next year. At first glance it would appear that Penn State has lost a starter and leading receiver, and gained a good blocker, at the end of the day in the portal. This doesn't seem like good news, but perhaps AK can scheme for next year and produce better results. Disappointed that they couldn't get another guy in addition to a very good blocker in Fleming.

Just watched locked on, also looked at the pay sites on the other two sites and so called "insiders" are claiming he's gone. How does this affect the wr position for next year. At first glance it would appear that Penn State has lost a starter and leading receiver, and gained a good blocker, at the end of the day in the portal. This doesn't seem like good news, but perhaps AK can scheme for next year and produce better results. Disappointed that they couldn't get another guy in addition to a very good blocker in Fleming.

Franklin isn't very good at the portal

Thanks for watching!

Franklin isn't very good at the portal
Respectfully I disagree. Defensively, yes, but at the wide receiver position, I think we have Tinsley, and Fleming as positivity but nothing else so far. People are hoping and praying that McClain can contribute though.

If this is true, who here is surprised? He had an awful mindset last season and did not look like he wanted to be here. I was optimistic he could change his attitude with a new OC but perhaps not.
Agree, by the end of the year there was obviously a chemistry issue and maybe he is at fault.

Wouldn’t shock me if he’s out door. Real good athlete, but never broke through with any consistency after 3 or 4 years here.

Good riddance KLS… You avoided contact when it mattered and missed a lot of thrown balls in the process.

You won’t be missed.

Good Lick next year at ….Delaware or UConn 😂

2 receptions, 28 yards in the last 4 games of '23 season (including the bowl in this).

The 5th guy on the depth chart can replicate that fairly easily.

If he was a problematic person, why wasn't he shown the door in January though?

2 receptions, 28 yards in the last 4 games of '23 season (including the bowl in this).

The 5th guy on the depth chart can replicate that fairly easily.

If he was a problematic person, why wasn't he shown the door in January though?
My guess would be because it was deemed best to let the new OC make his own evaluation.

Reactions: lazydave841
I find this very hard to believe. If he was going to portal why not do it in December or January when you can acclimate to a new program. Also, Franklin had to help him feel welcome and that’s part of why he stayed, so why leave now? He would seem to be our best receiver and the grass usually isn’t greener elsewhere - I think this is his last year of eligibility. . I’ll be very surprised if this ends up being true. The bigger question to me is who the 2-3 or more receivers will see their slot on the depth chart and leave …

I find this very hard to believe. If he was going to portal why not do it in December or January when you can acclimate to a new program. Also, Franklin had to help him feel welcome and that’s part of why he stayed, so why leave now? He would seem to be our best receiver and the grass usually isn’t greener elsewhere - I think this is his last year of eligibility. . I’ll be very surprised if this ends up being true. The bigger question to me is who the 2-3 or more receivers will see their slot on the depth chart and leave …
Maybe he and Franklin decided at the end of last season to stay since Kotelnicki was coming in. Then Kotelnicki may have reported back after a few months coaching him that he has a bad attitude and is not very coachable. At that point Franklin encouraged KLS to "seek other opportunities". Or maybe I have absolutely no clue what the deal is with KLS but that Rose Bowl TD catch was cool to see in person so I have that going for me which is nice.

I find this very hard to believe. If he was going to portal why not do it in December or January when you can acclimate to a new program. .....- I think this is his last year of eligibility. . I’ll be very surprised if this ends up being true. The bigger question to me is who the 2-3 or more receivers will see their slot on the depth chart and leave …
That's a question at most positions other than QB as the updated scholarship chart shows PSU at 99/85. 14 is a lot of attrition between now and August......

Respectfully I disagree. Defensively, yes, but at the wide receiver position, I think we have Tinsley, and Fleming as positivity but nothing else so far. People are hoping and praying that McClain can contribute though.
Fleming hasn't played a down in Blue and White.
Tinsley was a success on offense. As far as the skilled positions on offense go, Tinsley is the only success recall. On the OL Nourzad was decent.

KLS the only WR in PSU history to catch 2 passes over 80 yards and the only one I noticed blocking down field in 2023.

If this is true, who here is surprised? He had an awful mindset last season and did not look like he wanted to be here. I was optimistic he could change his attitude with a new OC but perhaps not.
Maybe, but why wouldn't he have entered to portal until now?

Fleming hasn't played a down in Blue and White.
Tinsley was a success on offense. As far as the skilled positions on offense go, Tinsley is the only success recall. On the OL Nourzad was decent.
Eiketie
Chop

There were some rumors floating around late last season that the WR room had lots of issues like blowing off meetings and classes. No idea if it's true, but if so I wouldn't be surprised to see the coaches clean house there. Nobody in that room from last season showed that they'd be irreplaceable on the field.

Oops. misread, thought it referred to KJP, would be an excellent move.

There were some rumors floating around late last season that the WR room had lots of issues like blowing off meetings and classes. No idea if it's true, but if so I wouldn't be surprised to see the coaches clean house there. Nobody in that room from last season showed that they'd be irreplaceable on the field.
Bottom line is that none of us know what happened with KLS including if he was in trouble for skipping meetings and classes. I'm pretty sure that the coaches know more than we do and if the rumors are true they have been addressing the problem. I doubt that KLS would have stayed past the last portal window if he thought he was being punished unfairly.

Reactions: GregInPitt
If he is not with his team mates and aligned with the goals of the team at this point of his tenure at PSU, he should go to the portal. ASAP. Or just go home.

This refers to him as an early round pick in the NFL draft :rolleyes: Who ever wrote that should lay off the MD 20-20.....

Last edited:
Reports out now that he’s sat out the week and is actually considering the portal.

On the one hand, this is crazy. You’re in the middle of spring practice and you’re either with the team or not. Old school, you’re gone for missing practice, see ya, we’ll figure things out. This is sadly, college football in 2024.

On the other hand, perhaps one of the other guys that we didn’t know about steps up - think Allen Robinson. Or is there the possibility we get someone from the portal?

It would be nice to have things figured out in the spring, but I guess it’s better for this to happen now than this summer.

Reports out now that he’s sat out the week and is actually considering the portal.

On the one hand, this is crazy. You’re in the middle of spring practice and you’re either with the team or not. Old school, you’re gone for missing practice, see ya, we’ll figure things out. This is sadly, college football in 2024.

On the other hand, perhaps one of the other guys that we didn’t know about steps up - think Allen Robinson. Or is there the possibility we get someone from the portal?

It would be nice to have things figured out in the spring, but I guess it’s better for this to happen now than this summer.
He certainly quit in the last few games of last season and now he wants to quit again. We should show him the door at this point. Yeah with his departure our top two receivers would be injury prone, and the next few receivers are unproven, but it seems like he may be a cancer. I’m not sure what he thinks he can accomplish by transferring with little on his résumé other than a bad attitude. No top 25 program is going to give him a scholarship and start him this late in the portal season. He’d likely have to go to a group of five school to start at this point.

Reactions: GregInPitt

Wouldn't it be nice if ARob WAS there to step up.......:(

As Franklin would say, ARob was high output, low maintenance!!

Last edited:

It's strange given that Franklin praised his progress a few weeks ago. There's obviously more to this story than we know.

Reactions: creamery
The other board is claiming that he got in a fight with a freshman who was blanketing him in practice. They also claimed he was running second team behind Saunders. I guess we will see

Another dumb post. Tinsley, Flemming, chop Robinson, AJ Harris, duke dt, Arnold ebikete.

Are jucos considered portals? If so we can add brisker and tig brown.

Psu has actually done well with the portal when we hit it.

Homer

Good riddance. He's poison

Another dumb post. Tinsley, Flemming, chop Robinson, AJ Harris, duke dt, Arnold ebikete.

Are jucos considered portals? If so we can add brisker and tig brown.

Psu has actually done well with the portal when we hit it.
Franklin has an excellent hit rate in the portal. Look at all the portal players that have gone into the NFL. Fact is, Franklin builds his team on recruiting, not the portal. He also directs NIL to maintaining his current players far more than portal players. That's not being a homer, that's being clueless regarding philosophy. You're spot on.

Uo
Ok so when he comes back you can be right. There is that
You are pitiful. He may enter the portal and he may or may not come back. All I am saying is there is more to the story regarding KLS. Franklin and his staff are dealing with it not you gossip mongers. I am sure the coaches will do what is best by KLS and the program. He is the only proven deep threat in the room at this point. That should and I believe won't be a part of any decisions to be made.

No matter, you guys and pot belly puffer Nate will keep blowing, Nate for hits and you drama queens for drama. There is definitely that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT