ADVERTISEMENT

The Lost Tapes

Delcolion915

Mar 19, 2022
These are the following great historical Penn State games of which I can find NO video on. If anyone finds them please could you post them up on this thread:

1973: Penn St 35 Pitt 13. Come from behind win against the first good Pitt team under Majors.

1973: Penn State 19 Air Force 9. Game was nationally televised but no tape exists. Another great win for the 12-0 1973 Lions.

1974: Navy 7 Penn St 6. Game played in a hurricane downpour and 14 turnovers total and two 80 plus yard punts with the wind

1969: Penn State 17 Kansas St 14. Regional television but no tape exists.

1967: Penn St 13 N.C. State 8. First great win of the Paterno era and regional tv but no tape. Goal line stand.

1978: Penn St 17 Pitt 10. Human heroic run. The Ray Scott version is up, but the game was national television with Keith Jackson and THAT version is nearly extinct.

If anyone finds these rare videos please post them.

Reactions: joeaubie21
These are the following great historical Penn State games of which I can find NO video on. If anyone finds them please could you post them up on this thread:

1973: Penn St 35 Pitt 13. Come from behind win against the first good Pitt team under Majors.

1973: Penn State 19 Air Force 9. Game was nationally televised but no tape exists. Another great win for the 12-0 1973 Lions.

1974: Navy 7 Penn St 6. Game played in a hurricane downpour and 14 turnovers total and two 80 plus yard punts with the wind

1969: Penn State 17 Kansas St 14. Regional television but no tape exists.

1967: Penn St 13 N.C. State 8. First great win of the Paterno era and regional tv but no tape. Goal line stand.

1978: Penn St 17 Pitt 10. Human heroic run. The Ray Scott version is up, but the game was national television with Keith Jackson and THAT version is nearly extinct.

If anyone finds these rare videos please post them.

I think SouthernLion has a bunch of old PsU games on dvd. I haven’t seen him post in a long time though. Hopefully all is well with him.

Saw this from a 2013 post.-

Southern Lion is the individual that has decades of games on DVD. If you need a copy of a past game just email him at:

southern_lion@hotmail.com

I have watched some of the classic games on Youtube, but not those games you specify. It would be nice if someone could get all of the classic games uploaded to Youtube.

On a related note, BTN is playing the 60 minute version of the 1982 Nebraska game. Not sure exactly when, but in the next day or two. Get the DVR ready.

On a related note, BTN is playing the 60 minute version of the 1982 Nebraska game. Not sure exactly when, but in the next day or two. Get the DVR ready.
Just checked. Wed night at 10:00 PM is the 2016 upset of Ohio State followed at 11:00 with the classic Nebraska game.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think SouthernLion has a bunch of old PsU games on dvd. I haven’t seen him post in a long time though. Hopefully all is well with him.

Saw this from a 2013 post.-

Southern Lion is the individual that has decades of games on DVD. If you need a copy of a past game just email him at:

southern_lion@hotmail.com
I actually did pick up some stuff from Southern Lion. Unfortunately he did not have any of the videos that I posted. Again, I'm looking mainly for the network broadcasts, rather than the home team next day highlight videos...not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just am not looking for those.

Reactions: psu00
I have watched some of the classic games on Youtube, but not those games you specify. It would be nice if someone could get all of the classic games uploaded to Youtube.
Exactly. These clips are out there. It's not like we are looking for Jack Benny show kinescopes or something. Most other teams you can find basically every single television game historically. In a lot of cases it's a YouTube channel from the other team, not Penn State, providing the clip. That's the case in any and just about all of the 60s and 70s PSU videos...the 71 Tennessee game came from a vols fan. The 72 Tennessee game is a couple coaches films. The 1970 loss to Colorado just went up recently but the national television win in 69 over the Buffs is invisible. Ditto for the 1971 Cotton Bowl.

What is really sad is the total lack of ANY game from the magic 1973 season, just the season recap film narrated by Chris Schenkle

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Exactly. These clips are out there. It's not like we are looking for Jack Benny show kinescopes or something. Most other teams you can find basically every single television game historically. In a lot of cases it's a YouTube channel from the other team, not Penn State, providing the clip. That's the case in any and just about all of the 60s and 70s PSU videos...the 71 Tennessee game came from a vols fan. The 72 Tennessee game is a couple coaches films. The 1970 loss to Colorado just went up recently but the national television win in 69 over the Buffs is invisible. Ditto for the 1971 Cotton Bowl.

What is really sad is the total lack of ANY game from the magic 1973 season, just the season recap film narrated by Chris Schenkle
Try writing some of the netrofks. They may be encouraged to post them on their websites or YouTube channels.

Reactions: Delcolion915
Try writing some of the netrofks. They may be encouraged to post them on their websites or YouTube channels.
Yeah that is worth a shot. They should definetly have the national broadcast of the '78 Pitt game. On YouTube is the broadcast with Ray Scott and George Paterno.

As an aside, look up the '74 Ohio State vs Michigan game. Keith Jackson on the call and none other than Joe Paterno doing the color commentary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT