ADVERTISEMENT

The Rilvalry: David Taylor and Hasan Yazdani(Full Version)

I'm so glad they released this on Youtube. Was nuts that US viewers didn't have access.

This pulls it into focus: It really seemed that Yazdani's "new strategy" was the chest-wrap. Do they even know who DT's every-day training partner is?

Last edited:
I'm so glad they released this on Youtube. Was nuts that US viewers didn't have access.

This pulls it into focus: It really seemed that Yazdani's "new strategy" was the chest-wrap. Do they even know who DT's every-day training partner is?
Iran/Iowa Match Strategy - What’s the Difference?

Reactions: Sullivan
I would like to see ABrooks vs Yazdani sometime, to see how AB stacks up to him. It might not be until next year at world's though.

Reactions: danoftw
That’s a great watch. Makes me feel for Yazdani. The amount of pressure he is under is immense and to keep coming up just short is brutal. It’s such a cool rivalry though because both guys are great competitors who show each other a ton of respect. I can’t wait to watch the next installment of their rivalry hopefully for a gold medal at the Olympics

Since the 2016 Olympics Yazdani has only lost four times while winning four Olympic and World titles. All four of his losses during that span were to Taylor. Here is the breakdown for Yazdani:

2016-Olympic champion
2017-World champion
2018-Lost to Taylor in the opening round of the World Championships and ended up taking third
2019-World champion (Taylor was injured and did not compete)
2021-Lost to Taylor at the Olympics to take second
2021-World champion-beat Taylor
2022-Lost to Taylor at the World Championships to take second
2023-Lost to Taylor at the World Championships to take second

Were it not for Taylor, Yazdani would most likely be undefeated during that span, winning eight straight Olympic and World titles at the young age of 29. I wonder if Yazdani sees Taylor in his nightmares?

Yazdani-Taylor and Sadulaev-Snyder still possible for ‘24 Olympics. Any other long time rivalries to anticipate?

It's kinda like Hidlay spending a year training for Brooks. You gotta try something different, but really, whatcha gonna do?

That’s a great watch. Makes me feel for Yazdani. The amount of pressure he is under is immense and to keep coming up just short is brutal. It’s such a cool rivalry though because both guys are great competitors who show each other a ton of respect. I can’t wait to watch the next installment of their rivalry hopefully for a gold medal at the Olympics
Or in the quarters if it's run by the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT