ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks & Taylor photo

psuflyguy

Mar 23, 2013
Not sure where I saw it posted, but I saw a B&W photo of the Brooks and Taylor moment kneeling together on the mat. It was from floor level and directly behind Brooks. I’d love to purchase a copy as a gift. Has anyone seen that and, even better, know who took it? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: goldenanimal
I believe the IG account pennstatewrestle has it on their page. Not sure if one of the photographers they contract with took it, or where else it might have come from.

Reactions: backdrft76
Not sure where I saw it posted, but I saw a B&W photo of the Brooks and Taylor moment kneeling together on the mat. It was from floor level and directly behind Brooks. I’d love to purchase a copy as a gift. Has anyone seen that and, even better, know who took it? Thanks in advance!
This one?

Don't see a photo cred, but it looks like Cameraman Dan's work: https://www.instagram.com/cameraman.dan_/

That’s the one. Thank you, Nerfstate!! Now to figure out how to contact him. (I’m not an X guy)

Reactions: nerfstate
I'm having an artist do an original oil on canvas of this. He is very very talented. I'm going to give one to Aaron as a gift (don't spoil the surprise John!) I'm going to donate the second to be auctioned to benefit the NLWC.
However, there is an opportunity for these athletes to benefit if they would like to have numbered lithographs created that they could sign and have sold to idiots like us. All in good time...

I'm having an artist do an original oil on canvas of this. He is very very talented. I'm going to give one to Aaron as a gift (don't spoil the surprise John!) I'm going to donate the second to be auctioned to benefit the NLWC.
However, there is an opportunity for these athletes to benefit if they would like to have numbered lithographs created that they could sign and have sold to idiots like us. All in good time...
If you happened to snap a photo of @mcpat drinking liquor at the bar, I'm sure a hefty donation could be had for that oil painting as well.

How about an oil on canvas painting of the Ferrari double bird split?

He could probably use it to raise enough money for his inevitable bail.

Hang it in the Louvre!!!

IMG-6459.jpg
My buddy got the other side.

Mr. Donghia said they’re not selling the photo and don’t think they will in the future.
First time I’ve ever seen State pass on a chance to make some money.
I'm not surprised. At all. I've had PSU reject several ideas over the years with minor tweaks to existing ways, that would open the school up to bigger revenue streams. Every time it was rejected out of hand as too crass or commercialized, without even a discussion of "we like it but maybe scale it back a little." And then they implemented it full-on 5 years later.

Doesn't matter much if PSU won't sell it. While they have the widest reach, NLWC and PSWC should sufficiently cover the target market.

And @82bordeaux -- all jokes aside, it's a wonderful idea.

Mr. Donghia said they’re not selling the photo and don’t think they will in the future.
First time I’ve ever seen State pass on a chance to make some money.
EDIT: Ask Tony Rotundo, he (likely) may have taken one similar, or Justin Hoch.

Apologies for the hasty error, which I've deleted. I'm traveling on vacation and not looking at anything as closely as I ordinarily would.

Last edited:
This is probably because they don't own the rights to the photo. The account that posted it conveniently didn't credit the photographer because whoever runs that account is basically scum. But ask Tony Rotundo, he may have taken it. Or Justin Hoch.
Tikk10 just asked me to amend this here (he can't himself right now)--he was talking about a different account that steals pics, not the offical PSU Twitter account. Says he feels bad for the above.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
This is probably because they don't own the rights to the photo. The account that posted it conveniently didn't credit the photographer because whoever runs that account is basically scum. But ask Tony Rotundo, he may have taken it. Or Justin Hoch.
Thanks for the lead, tikk10. I’ll pursue it.

Reactions: danoftw
Two champions, two of the greatest ever, two brothers. Brings tears to my eyes while at the same time, joy. Amazing.

I would also like to see any pics of Zain and Nick after their match. Amazing that these elite competitors can compete in the same room every day and still have such close bonds with each other. Man, we, as fans, are so fortunate to get to follow this group of young men.

In which case Ryan might buy one.
Not Tom. Just as he thought parking in the Fire Lane was valet parking, he will think he is entitled to one. Afterall, he sacrificed multiple Buckeyes to the greatness of DT and AB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT