ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Scams

psrurock

Jun 9, 2015
My wife was looking to purchase tickets to a few games while I was at work. She went to a Facebook sight to buy tickets and rt now we're out $800.00 no tickets. Has anyone used this sight before.

My wife was looking to purchase tickets to a few games while I was at work. She went to a Facebook sight to buy tickets and rt now we're out $800.00 no tickets. Has anyone used this sight before.
What’s the sight?

Pas
My wife was looking to purchase tickets to a few games while I was at work. She went to a Facebook sight to buy tickets and rt now we're out $800.00 no tickets. Has anyone used this
It's says Penn State Football Tickets 2024, NO SCAM. Looks legit but it's a scam.

Sounds like she tried purchasing from the Facebook Marketplace platform. A lot of people buy and sell items on the platform because the platform doesn't charge a fee. Most sellers are legit but it's also an attractive place for scammers to operate.

Market Place Scams (hit it)

Reactions: Thomas1945
Sounds like she tried purchasing from the Facebook Marketplace platform. A lot of people buy and sell items on the platform because the platform doesn't charge a fee. Most sellers are legit but it's also an attractive place for scammers to operate.

Market Place Scams (hit it)
It’s a damn shame, but the only thing worse than paying for and not receiving the tickets would be this. Receiving the tickets and then expending time and money to show up for the game, and find out that you can’t get in because their counterfeit. That happened to a friend of mine a few years ago for a Georgia/Florida game in Jacksonville. He’s still pissed, smarter now, but still pissed.

It’s a damn shame, but the only thing worse than paying for and not receiving the tickets would be this. Receiving the tickets and then expending time and money to show up for the game, and find out that you can’t get in because their counterfeit. That happened to a friend of mine a few years ago for a Georgia/Florida game in Jacksonville. He’s still pissed, smarter now, but still pissed.
It's easier to counterfeit hard copy tickets than electronic ones. That's why most all event tickets are electronic today.

I ended up with counterfeit Game 7 World Series Tix in 2001. Still pissed about it 😡

• Angry
Reactions: psrurock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT